Rate Dr. Carey B. Strom

Dr. Carey B. Strom's Ratings

I have always had wonderful care from Dr. Strom. Have gone to him for years. He is well trained ,highly respected by his peers, has wonderful rapport with his patients. I periodically have colonoscopies and endoscopies from Dr. Strom. CAn't imagine why anyone would be displeased. Maybe they are grumpy people to start with .I have had nothing but good experiences with Dr. Strom.

Submitted July 25, 2013 | flag

Dr. strom does NOT CARE !!!I've been a patient of him for about 7 years. I went for office visits,and money making test he performed on me. When I was admitted into the emergency hospital room, on the advice of a doctor who was on call at his office on 5/5/2013 at 3:30 A.M , I was diagnosed with diverticulitis and severe pain. I was in the hospital for 4 days . during that time my husband and I called 4 times , to please call me at the hospital,he never did, on the 4th time I was able to speak to a female person at his office who did not allow me to speak, she barked at me that they understood that I had left the hospital two days ago.LIES!!! I was there for another 2 days. Be aware Doctor Strom only cares about money making test, but when you're sick he never return your calls.

Submitted May 15, 2013 | flag

Love Love Love Dr. Strom. Terrific Clinician and Diagnostician. Have utmost confidence in him. Wonderful manner, spends lots of time with his patients.

Submitted Nov. 1, 2012 | flag

Dr Strom does not deserve some of these rotten write ups regarding money. The tests he orders saves lives. Too many of these bad mouths might have had their lives saved. He is the best I have ever been to. And I have been to the best at UCLA. I had a colonoscopy two weeks ago. So professional. He is the best. Jack

Submitted June 22, 2012 | flag

From the receptionist to the nurses (both in his office and in surgery suite to Dr. Strom himself, this was top notch. His easy, yet caring, demeanor was comforting and reassuring. I think so highly of him that I am now recommending him to my own adult children. No mother would do that unless she truly believed in her doctor. And this mother does....Marsha M.

Submitted Aug. 11, 2010 | flag

dr strom was very kind attentive and a very kind man. he took plenty of time with me and explained everything in great detail.. he diagnosed my problem that 5 other doctors couldnt.. i recommend him with the highest esteem

Submitted July 24, 2010 | flag

I was a very happy man until this doctor's treatment ruined my life. 20 feet of intestine cut out - gall bladder removed... Kidney failure due to the severe infection... Yes, now I'm unhappy. All I want now is to live long enough to see my daughter settled in her adult life. I should be so lucky.

Submitted June 22, 2010 | flag

I find it hard to believe what that last patirent had written. he must have been a very unhappy man to begin with. This doctor was so wonderful that he not only gave me all the time that i need, he didnt charge me a penny. he was the best guy i had ever gone too

Submitted May 26, 2010 | flag

After a routine endoscopy and colonoscopy, Dr Strom said: "For icing on the cake, why not swallow a camera capsule?" Not knowing at the time that Crohns patients shouldn't swallow the capsule, I agreed. The capsule is supposed to be excreted within a day (+-) and I didn't see it come out so I called Dr Strom who advised me to take Pepcid Complete for my discomfort and call him the next day when it would be excreted. I developed greater discomfort... pain, chills and inability to walk without assistance. After no help from Dr Strom I went to a local hospital emergency room where they told me that the capsule had perforated my intestine and insisted (contrary to Dr Strom's advice at the time) that I needed to have emergency surgery or I would die. I subsequently had 14 abdominal surgeries during a 3 month stay in the ICU of the hospital and was kept in a coma the entire time. My only contact with him during the recovery was with his collection agency demanding $7000.00. Where did HE GO?

Submitted Jan. 19, 2010 | flag

I'm so glad he no longer takes my insurance, because I had to find another GI doctor. Dr. Strom is condescending and arrogant, and never made me feel like I was really sick, or cared about. I now have a wonderful GI doctor who believed me, diagnosed me at my second visit, and did the proper testing which confirmed his suspicion. I am now receiving treatment after wasting four years of suffering under the "care" of Strom.

Submitted March 13, 2008 | flag