Rate Dr. Tom J. Pousti

Dr. Tom J. Pousti's Ratings

Having grown up being very flat-chested, I had always known that I eventually wanted breast augmentation surgery. Dr. Tom Pousti stood out from the rest with his impressive amount of before and after pictures, patient testimonials, and the fact that he was double board certified in both General Surgery as well as Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. During and after the consultation, I was even more reassured that he was the right doctor for me, as he was extremely professional, courteous, attentive, and explained in very plain and simple terms exactly what my particular case involved. As for the results of my operation, my boyfriend and I cannot be happier with how my breasts look even now at Day 8, and they keep looking even better and better each day. I have zero regrets about going through with the operation and am so thankful that Dr. Pousti has such amazing skill and an eye for beauty and would honestly recommend him to anyone who is looking to have a procedure done.

Submitted Sept. 15, 2011 | flag

My original review of Dr.Pousti will not fit here because of the character limitations on this website. (Check Yelp and Real Self for my full review "Very Petite Lady Gets Tummy Tuck." Long story short. I had an obstructed bowel in 2005 and had a large vertical incision and hernia. I had tried to have it repaired a year ago with a GS but it failed within 3 months and looked worse than ever. I chose to see Dr. Pousti because I wanted someone who would care about the "finished product" as well as fixing the medical issue. It gave me great comfort to know that he is double board certified in both plastic and general surgery. I will recommend him to all of my friends and family- because he IS the best in San Diego!

Submitted Sept. 10, 2011 | flag

I highly recommend Dr. Pousti and his staff for your cosmetic surgery needs. He is board Certified and offers books with many examples of customer results. In another state, I had a previous mini facelift with marginal results, such as "kitten ears", where the lobes "disappear". Right away, Dr. Pousti reassured me that he could correct this during my surgery as well as remove scaring from the previous surgery. Dr. Pousti totally delivered on his committments. I have given permission to show my photos to customers and will gladly speak with anyone considering a facelift procedure. I offer this advice. Be realistic in your goals, follow Dr. Pousti's instructions to the letter and use the doctor's services for great results. On top of that, you just couldn't find nicer people anywhere!!!

Submitted May 9, 2011 | flag

I had a procedure done with Dr. Pousti and I feel that he never really listened to my wishes. It appeared to me that because he has been a plastic surgeon for so long he just does what he pleases without careful consideration to his patients' desires. Two other patients of his shared the same concerns with me. His stitching is not as good as he claims; I have a huge scar that looks like a gash from a stabbing and it's been many months since my procedure.

Submitted Dec. 17, 2009 | flag

I had two surgeries done by him and they both turned out very bad. He didn't offer to fix me for free until he messed up the second time. I asked for some of my money back and he refused. I had to go to another Dr to have my breasts fixed because he made me bottom out.

Submitted July 10, 2008 | flag

I am on my 6th surgery to correct botched breast surgery from this Dr. I went in at 7AM for implants and left after 9PM. He sent me home in scrubs and I was not awake. When I went in the next day, his nurse was there, not the Dr. I had a 1 inches open gap on one breast. My breast were flat. He had taken out my mammory crease. I was cut from one back shoulder blade, around the front of my chest, to the other back shoulder blade. I believe I had to be revived simply because of the length of time I was under and the way I was released. This was not done at the Hospital. I feel I should have been sent to the Hospital. I only wanted implants. No lipo was done or anything else. Whenever I would go in and complain, he would tell me I was still swollen. I stopped going to him and tried to sue him but just was too depressed to go through that. He ruined my life. This Dr. should be stopped.

Submitted Nov. 20, 2007 | flag