Rate Dr. Peter L. Bono

Dr. Peter L. Bono's Ratings

Terrible bedside manner , bad attitude , left me in preop for 5 hours , then told me he wasn't doing the surgery , very arrogant , would not recommend him to anyone

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2628946].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2014

Prior to having my family doctor, (Nathan Bloch, DO recommending Dr. Bono; I was in constant (MAJOR) pain and uncontrolled blood pressure. After second visit and his reviewing my myelogram found I was a few months from being in a wheel chair....... His recommendation was immediate surgery. I am in my sixth week post-op; and my blood pressure has returned to low normal (111/56) and the pain that I had prior to surgery is now gone. Still have muscle pain from not using them for five weeks but it is a pain that will be gone shortly. Would I recommend Dr. Bono for your spinal surgery: =100%+++++ Plus being an excellent surgeon; PLUS he is just an honestly good person. Should you need any more information about a pending surgery for spinal concerns, feel free to contact me: (billw36@hotmail.com) Be Blessed All.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2565097].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 5, 2014

wonderful neck surgeon, wish I had gone to Dr. Bono a few years ago, probably wouldn't have had pain shots for those years!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2482322].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 1, 2014

Fantastic spine surgeon. Got a great result with bi-level lumbar fusions and laminectomies using minimally invasive surgery. Another highly respected surgeon had recommended open surgery requiring a much longer recovery period.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2482321].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 18, 2014

Straight to the point! Clear and concise diagnosis and treatment plan. Have already recommended to a co-worker suffering from back pain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2439722].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 19, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Bono by Dr Steven Arbit who is in sports medicine due to cervical stenosis. From the first time I met with Dr. Bono I immediately felt comfortable confident and respected. Dr. Bono was very thorough patient and kind. He never made me feel like he was in a hurry or that any of my questions or concerns were not valid. Subsequently he recommended surgery to correct my cervical issue. My surgery and follow up went great. Unfortunately I needed a 2nd surgery 9 months later because I did not fully fuse. The 2nd surgery ultimately corrected my problem. I would highly recommend Dr. Bono and I have 100 percent trust in his abilities as a surgeon and in his opinion for treatment . His staff is exceptional and always helpful. Anyone considering neck or back surgery should consider consulting with Dr. Bono prior to selecting a surgeon. He is a fantastic surgeon and he defines integrity.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2439721].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2014

Wasn't notified of teenage son's positive bone scan showing a vertebral fracture until 10 weeks after test performed! Dr. Bono was adamant that this test be done at Providence Park so that he could promptly get the results if there was a problem without delaying treatment. What a joke! I found out about my son's fracture only by "accident" when I took him to our PCP for a sports physical. During these 10 weeks of not knowing about this fracture, my son was actively training and lifting weights!I was told by Bono's staff that there would be NO financial implications whatsoever by having this test done at Providence Pk opposed to at my own place of employment (another hospital). I had to pay a bill for $520 for the deductible and co-pay for which BCBS refused to pay. I asked all the right questions & was given all the wrong info from Bono's staff! Knowing how angry I was, Bono ordered a CT scan which was done the next day. Later, he couldn't even remember he had ordered this test!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2439720].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 20, 2014

Dr bono performed the fourth lower back surgery that was needed. L2-3 L3-4 L4-5 I have had surgery previously with two other good surgeons that resulted in a minimum of six weeks off recovery. Dr Bono performed the surgery and I went home the next day. Off of work only three weeks total , no stitches outside or staples! Sight was over six inches long and was almost healed in the second week. I have had no more numbness in my legs and strength is almost 100% . I can not say enough good things about his knowledge and skills. Yes I had to wait almost two hours past my appointment , but he does take as much time that was needed when he seen me and answered all my questions. Staff at exit area is lacking in explaining the next steps to proceed and a bit rude. bottom line I have had a huge quality of life change for the better after going to see him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2439719].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 5, 2014

Dr Bono is very focused on his patients. I felt there was no one that would help me until I met Dr Bono. When he looked straight into my eyes and said "I can help you" I thought I got a new lease on life. Thank you you so much Dr Bono. Michele, and the rest of his caring and nurturing staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1045307].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2013

He was very rude and lacked any basic respect or compassion. I won't be going back, and now I have to wait to see another specialist. Very disappointing.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1045306].votes_count ]]