Rate Dr. Thomas J Buonassisi

Dr. Thomas J Buonassisi's Ratings

I'm a 27 year old male. Just had rhinoplasty with Dr buonassisi one week ago. I'm so so happy with my results after only a week. I can't recommend him enough. Thanks again =)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2586311].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2014

I started looking for a cosmetic surgeon this summer and, after doing a lot of research (on RateMDs and other sites), I was really impressed by the ratings and comments about Dr. Buonassisi. He seemed to have excellent reviews and I spent a lot of time on the 8West website looking at before & after photos and watching videos. They had so much information about every aspect of the surgical procedure (rhinoplasty in my case), which answered many of my big questions before speaking with anyone in the office. I decided to book a consultation and--another pleasant surprise--an appointment was available less than 3 weeks away. I called one other clinic for a consultation and they didn't have any open appointments for 6 months--but looking back, it would have been a waste of time for me to meet with anyone else. After my initial phone consultation with Mandy, the Patient Care Manager at 8West, I met with Dr. Buonassisi in person and by the end of the day I was ready to book the surgery. The detailed information he gave me, the surgical plan and computer-edited photos but most of all, his calm, knowledgeable demeanor completely put me at ease. I knew that I could call or email the office any time with questions--and I have, many times, both in the weeks leading up to my surgery in mid-August and over the last month of recovery. I didn't feel the need to meet with anyone else and I have no regrets. The Dr.'s expertise and attentiveness--and that of the entire staff at 8West--has been so reassuring. My recovery has been smooth sailing, and now that it's been a month since my surgery, I can say without reservation that I'm delighted with the results. If you're doing the kind of research I was doing just two months ago, I absolutely recommend Dr. Buonassisi. You will be in very good hands at 8West.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2550080].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Buonassisi by a friend who also sees him for Botox injections. I wondered if I really needed to see a surgeon for Botox because I know a lot of people just get their injections from a family doctor, but I am so happy I went to see him. You can really tell that he has a higher-level of training: he understands the artistry, as well as the science, behind what he is doing and I love the way everything turned out. Dr. Buonassisi was really patient with me, as I had a lot of questions and wanted to make sure that I had a very "natural" looking result. And I do! He is very professional but warm at the same time and took the time to make sure that all of my questions were answered and that I was completely at ease before we went ahead with the procedure. I am really impressed by his work and his patient care and the staff at the office just made me feel completely comfortable getting this procedure done. I will definitely be back!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2548917].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2014

I rarely take the time to write reviews, but since I suffer from such anxiety surrounding medical procedures, I feel compelled to share my experience over the years with Dr. Buonassisi.

I have seen this doctor for two procedures:

The first one was for a growth I had inside my lower lip. It was a bulbous thing about a few millimeters in size that was growing and kept hardening. I tried to ignore it, as I am scared of medical procedures, but it started to affect my speech so I knew I had to do something. My family doctor wrote me a referral to Dr. Buonassisi and I went to his office in North Vancouver to have it removed. When I met Dr. Buonassisi, he could tell that I was really anxious. He took the time to sit with me and explain the procedure, saying that 1. We could stop the procedure (removing the growth) at any time where I did not feel comfortable, and 2. He told me that if I do not want to proceed with the procedure that day, I could postpone it and we could do it on another occasion, simple as that! This really put me at ease, and I went ahead with it. He spoke to me calmly throughout the procedure, explaining what he was doing and letting me know how much time was left (which I has asked him to do). Looking back, it was over in no time, he stitched me up and I am SO GLAD that I went through with this. I don’t think I could have done it without his calm words. About a year later, I had another growth on a different area of the inside of my lip and I went back to Dr. Buonassisi and he removed it again. I was still anxious, but he again took the time to make sure I was in a good place (mentally) before proceeding.

Since then, I have been to see Dr. Buonassisi at his office in South Granville (8west.ca) for Botox, and once again, I was super anxious. He was again very reassuring to me and promised that we could either stop at any time, and/or postpone this to another day if I needed to. I have been seeing him now on a regular basis (every 4 months) for Botox and I am thrilled with the results. He took the time to discuss with me what I wanted to have as a result (based on the amount of Botox used) and I have since referred many friends to him, and they are all really happy with both him and the results.

Finally, I am heading for surgery next month to repair the interior of my nose from a poorly done surgery from when I was 9 years old (I am now 37). Dr. Buonassisi referred me to another surgeon who specializes in this, and of course, I was again anxious, but it seems that Dr. Buonassisi knew just who to refer me to, because this doctor is also the type who takes the time to put his patients at ease.

If you’re the type of person who gets anxious at the thought of medical procedures, or just wants a top notch surgeon, head straight to Dr. Buonassisi as he’s the best!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2548366].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2014

I have been receiving Botox injections from Dr.Buonassisi for approximately three years now. My experience with him and his staff has been wonderful. I have recommended Dr.Buonassisi to many friends and colleagues who have been just as happy. Dr.Buonassisi is professional, knowledgable and honest. I have never felt pressured to get more 'work' done. He listens, discusses options and will let you know what will and will not look natural.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2548360].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2014

I'm not able to claim a positive experience from this Doctor. After all these years, he still leaves a bad memory for me. He was a ENT (Ear, Nose, Throat) Specialist at the time I saw him. I was sent to him to get a referral to one of the top ENT Specialist in Canada, visiting in Vancouver -- only temporarily. Dr. Buonassisi misdiagnosed me, claiming I had just an inner ear virus or infection, despite suffering for over 15 yrs. of debilitating vertigo attacks, leaving me bedridden. He clearly did not want to give me the referral or help that I needed as he was convinced that all I had was a simple viral infection of the middle ear. I knew differently and had to insist on a second opinion. Dr. Buonassisi seem to begrudge me a referral and revealed an arrogant, condescending behavior. Dr. Buonassisi was wrong. I was diagnosed with BPV (Benign, Positional Vertigo) The wonderful, gentleman, specialist with such kindness and empathy gave me exercises to do and I was cured! Unfortunately I can't say anything good about my visit with Dr. Buonassisi. So glad I found this Rate MD as I never got to speak my truth about how horrible and degraded I was made to feel after leaving his office. I would never, ever go back to Dr. Buonasisi under any circumstances!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2525443].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2014

I would highly recommend Dr. Buonassisi for Botox. He carefully listened to my needs and the results were great and very natural looking, better than with other professionals I have seen prior. He gave his recommendation but I never felt pressured to treat more areas. I trust Dr. Buonassisi given he is a highly trained facial cosmetic surgeon. Great overall experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2506522].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2014

Fantastic experience and amazing results from my upper and lower blepharoplasty. I look 15 years younger, no scarring just a natural result. I would highly recommend Dr Buonassisi he is caring, realistic about results and takes the time to answer all my questions. His staff are very knowledgable and supportive. I highly recommend you see him for all your facial surgery, he is an artist!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2498510].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2014

Great experience, very happy with my results! Highly recccomend Dr Buonassisi and his full team. I have referred many friends to him and they are all as happy as me!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2497421].votes_count ]]