Rate Dr. Thomas J Buonassisi

Dr. Thomas J Buonassisi's Ratings

I'm not able to claim a positive experience from this Doctor. After all these years, he still leaves a bad memory for me. He was a ENT (Ear, Nose, Throat) Specialist at the time I saw him. I was sent to him to get a referral to one of the top ENT Specialist in Canada, visiting in Vancouver -- only temporarily. Dr. Buonassisi misdiagnosed me, claiming I had just an inner ear virus or infection, despite suffering for over 15 yrs. of debilitating vertigo attacks, leaving me bedridden. He clearly did not want to give me the referral or help that I needed as he was convinced that all I had was a simple viral infection of the middle ear. I knew differently and had to insist on a second opinion. Dr. Buonassisi seem to begrudge me a referral and revealed an arrogant, condescending behavior. Dr. Buonassisi was wrong. I was diagnosed with BPV (Benign, Positional Vertigo) The wonderful, gentleman, specialist with such kindness and empathy gave me exercises to do and I was cured! Unfortunately I can't say anything good about my visit with Dr. Buonassisi. So glad I found this Rate MD as I never got to speak my truth about how horrible and degraded I was made to feel after leaving his office. I would never, ever go back to Dr. Buonasisi under any circumstances!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2525443].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2014

I would highly recommend Dr. Buonassisi for Botox. He carefully listened to my needs and the results were great and very natural looking, better than with other professionals I have seen prior. He gave his recommendation but I never felt pressured to treat more areas. I trust Dr. Buonassisi given he is a highly trained facial cosmetic surgeon. Great overall experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2506522].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2014

Fantastic experience and amazing results from my upper and lower blepharoplasty. I look 15 years younger, no scarring just a natural result. I would highly recommend Dr Buonassisi he is caring, realistic about results and takes the time to answer all my questions. His staff are very knowledgable and supportive. I highly recommend you see him for all your facial surgery, he is an artist!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2498510].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2014

Great experience, very happy with my results! Highly recccomend Dr Buonassisi and his full team. I have referred many friends to him and they are all as happy as me!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2497421].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2496463].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2014

Unfortunately I am providing a rating lower compared to others on this site. I had an upper blepharoplasty performed over a year ago, and the swelling and scar still has not healed. The recovery time is supposed to be 3 - 6 months, but the procedure led to excess swelling, bruising and scarring. When I asked about the result, the answer was that everyone reacts different to the procedure. I am healthy and I generally heal well. Fortunately there was no infection, and I expected to have no complications with healing. I am disappointed, and would not recommend this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2482323].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2014

Dr. Buonassisi and his staff were all wonderful. Very professional, pleasant and helpful. The outcome of the rhinoplasty was absolutely perfect. It is natural and looks fantastic. The best decision ever made. Highly recommend Dr. Buonassisi.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2439729].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2014

I can't say enough good things about Dr. Thomas J. Buonassisi and his team - I had Rhinoplasty on May 6th, 2014 and two weeks after I am so stunned with the way my nose looks. It is beautiful, I had a bump on my nose, my nose was not straight and it drooped. I searched high and low for the doctor I felt the most comfortable with. I saw four different surgeons in Vancouver and none of them made me feel comfortable and I had a difficult time trusting them with my nose. Luckily for me, my 5th consultation (yes 5th) was with Dr. Buonassisi and right from the beginning when I spoke to his lovely patient care coordinators Mandy and Katie- I knew Dr. B would be my surgeon! He told me what would look good, what wouldn't and what he could and could not do. The best thing about Dr. Buonassisi is he gives you a nose that will SUIT you and your ethnicity. My nose looks amazing - I can't stop taking selfies! This doctor is the BEST rhino doctor in Vancouver! He has an artistic eye! So happy!!!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2439728].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 23, 2014

I had rhinoplasty performed by Dr. Bounassisi. I chose him because of great reviews online as well as hearing the ads on the radio in which he advertises himself as a 'rhinoplasty specialist'. I am very disappointed with his work. He claims to be an expert that's why I ultimately chose him. I wish I'd never had my nose done or that I'd gone to Dr. Warren. To spend all this money to have a nose worse than before is depressing. And to think that I have to spend more for revision is frustrating.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1045382].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 25, 2014

Like any other person, I have done extensive research to find the right Doctor to do my cosmetic surgery, for the obvious reason that I have only one face and it had to be the best Doctor possiblle to perform the surgery,so I traveled to Vanquver to get rhyinoplasty, face lift at the same time. I have seen Dr Bounassisi web side and seen his video and it was very impressive,soon I was in Vanquver and from the time that I met him I was so very comfortable with him becouse he had explained to me everything quiet well!!! And his staff was also amazing and friendly!!!!! Dr. Buonassisi had done such a wonderfull job on my nose, and Iam recovering from my face lift which is improving each day and I can already tell what a wonderful job he has done with my facelift as well.I recommend any one who is looking to get this kind of cosmetic surgery!!! Dr. B is trust worthy and highly skilled Doctor, and in my opinion he is the best facial Doctor you can have in Canada.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1045381].votes_count ]]