Rate Dr. Steven M. Simon

Dr. Steven M. Simon's Ratings

Best professional pain Doctor that I have seen in years. Finally, someone that knows and has medical knowledge that most Doctors don't. I have a displaced and dislocated jaw that is locked closed for life. This happened 7 years ago. Today I have a 50% opening due to PT and stretching the jaw. The pain radiates down my neck and shoulders. He understands and his primary care is to help me to function daily with controlled pain levels. I was leery coming here based on some reviews but I decided to go and judge for myself. I'm glad I did.

Submitted Aug. 5, 2014 | flag

Started the appointment by asking, "Why are you here? You don't look like you're in pain." A pain management doctor should know that pain comes in all shapes and sizes, and that some people hide their pain better than others. Beyond that, I could barely get a word in edgewise to ask questions, he gave instructions while he was dictating chart notes and simply expected me to understand that those instructions were for me, and was completely wrong about the musculature in my back according to 3 other practitioners. He also authorized an $1800 lab test with an out-of-network provider, leaving me a whopping bill from them. The office itself is like a 3-ring circus; if you enjoy chaos, you will like this place.

Submitted June 23, 2014 | flag

Great care. I have seen several Doctors and with Dr. Simon I'm doing great I canget around very well. I have numb and burning hands legs feet and knees that would keep me in bed or not very active. Since being directed to Dr. Simon I've lost over 20 # and I am able to do a lot of things that I had not been able to do with pain. Wht he gave me doesn't make me loopy. I highly recommend this office.

Submitted Nov. 21, 2013 | flag

I have not been yet but when the nurse/admittance clerk called to set up my appointment, she woke me up (I work the night shift) and I was not very coherent. She asked me a question, which I did not process fully (had been up over 30 hours and had just fallen asleep) and when I did not respond correctly she said "Are you high right now?". So far, not impressed. I will go however, as I am in so much pain, I am willing to deal with less than desirable people to find some type of relief.

Submitted Aug. 29, 2013 | flag

I thank God for Dr. Simon. I am pain free today! He truly cares about his patients and goes the extra mile to help.

Submitted July 3, 2013 | flag

Very thankful that I was reffered to this practice. Have seen Dr. Simon multiple times in the last year and a half that I have been going there. The other times I always see the NP Donna Ruck. I have also been seen by Kathryn one time when Ms. Ruck was not available. I have to tell you that all 3 of them have been fantastic. I have a host of problems with my hip and my back, and in all honesty they have my pain at the lowest level it has been in years, and have been able to do that with far less medication than I was taking when I first came to them. There were able to find a combination of meds that worked very very well for me. I get so frustrated to see all these people bashing their staff. EVERYONE there is very kind. Frankly, I can't help but wonder if some of these poor reviews are from patients that were very rude to the staff themselves. Or perhaps it is that this office is consistent in their policies and "some people" aren't able to work the system. GREAT DOC!!!

Submitted June 19, 2013 | flag

The negative postings that have been written couldnt be farther from the truth. Dr. Simon has been polite & extremely knowledgeable. I've been seeing him for several years and he has been there all but one time. His nurse (not Kristina but the one thats not from the U.S.A.) I admit, I dont care much for her. It would be a big help if she was replaced. I have NO problem with billing. We had a mix up,talked about it and took care of the problem. No Biggie. And let me tell ya, I had been going to several different doctors off and on for several years with back pain problems. I had 3 surgeries (avoid if possible)and it was Dr. Simon that gave me life back. In a couple short visits I went from a pain level 8 to a level 3. And That Is Why I Stay With Him. Whoever is writing these bad revues is wrong. Go there, give him a try. See for yourself. I'm a 51 year old male that has my life back thanks to Dr. Simon.......

Submitted May 16, 2013 | flag

I've been a patient of Dr. Simon's for 2 years. In that two years I've only seen him a handful of times as his schedule is always so full with other speaking engagements, teaching, patients & who knows what else. Maybe vacations. So you must see a nurse w/limited knowledge & script writing abilities. The doc himself is very knowledgeable & helpful if you are new. He doesn't always choose to be as helpful as possible in my opinion as he wants to have you keep coming back monthly for that $. If you don't come monthly you're treated even more like a drug addict than they already do. For example, they will drug test you & even though it's negative they still want to wait weeks for lab results before giving much need medication. The monthly visit is expensive for a lot of patients, but they DO NOT care about you. It's their policy (not law). God forbid you take a vacation. Simon will arrogantly talk about "firing" patients in front of you while smiling. To top it off the staff is very rude.

Submitted March 27, 2013 | flag

The staff is very "RUDE" they look at you like you are a drug addict. They had put my appt. wrong in the computer and told me that I didn't show for my appt the day before. I showed them my appt card; and it was their mistake. they still act like it my mistake. I had to wait over two hours to be seen. They said they would have to try to fit me in. The staff will try to talk behind your back; right in front of you. When you know that they are talking about you. I go monthly to see Dr. Simon and if you don't go at 7:30am your appt will be changed often. I was seeing the Nurse Pract. and I kept telling her my medicine was not working and she said there is nothing else that they can give me. So I went back to see Dr. Simon and he changed my medication and it helped. Dr. Simon is a good Dr., If you can tolotarte the office staff I would see him. Don't go to the Nurse Pract. Will not give refills over the phone to pharmacy. If you call the nurse; they will not call you back.

Submitted March 13, 2013 | flag

Tthis is probably the worst dr office I haver every been to. The staff is a joke. They dont listen to anything you tell them. I had an appointment in january and its now march and have yet to see an actual dr. they haver pushed back my appointment 4 times. My insurance won't cover the cost of a prescription and instead of working with me to try to find something they said if I don't spend the 182 on the script they will drop me as a patient for not following their order. So in all they haver shown they don't care about you as a patient just that you take what they tell you to take and if you can't afford it then you are out as a patient. Its about money for them not the care they give. If you cant pay you arent worth their time and the nurses will let you know that horrible office

Submitted March 7, 2013 | flag