Rate Dr. A. Jovaisas

Dr. A. Jovaisas's Ratings

Dr. J's secretary appears to have no conscience. Her kurt remarks are unappreciated and unwelcome. I do not think she she realizes that people are coming into the office because they are in excruciating pain ; she could show some compassion and/or professionalism and not say anything at all. She should realize that she is making the first impression re: the doctor which is not working in his favor. After having called to make a follow-up apt. with the dates she suggested , one should not have to call back repeatedly asking her to book a time . As a secretary one would think that it is her that would call you back and do in such a manner that you do not hang up thinking that you have totally disrupted her day. The longer you wait for her to return your call, the longer it takes for you to see the doctor and then the doctor is upset because you did not come to see him earlier. Don't even think about faxing something to the doctor without being reprimanded. This is enough to deter one from ever returning to the office. Patient's coming into the office are first greeted with her sign re: old magazines :"If I catch you (tearing out pages) you will pay!!!)" written boldly in red. I am sure there are other ways to get the message across. She almost evokes the feeling of tearing a page out of every magazine in front of her. I guess then she will have to increase her workload by having to write everyone a bill! How insulting and then you have to see the doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2644473].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 6, 2014

I have been a patient with Dr. Jovaisis for over two years. I find him to be very professional and to the point. He is not one to have a lengthy social conversation with if one is looking for a rheumatoligist to do that with however he is the best rheumologist I have found regarding knowledge, the latest medical procedures for rheumatoid arthritis, and writing clear consise reports to my general practicioner stipulating what next tests and steps are mandatory. Perhaps one may not consider his bedside manner to be the best however I do not think one cannot refute the extent of his knowledge and experience. In my experience Dr. Jovaisas has never not answered my questions. I wish he could cure me on the spot but realistically I know that that is not going to happen so I would rather have someone who is honest with me and help me to the best of his ability by being on top of the latest medical research in his field. If it takes ten minutes for him to tell me this is what he can or cannot do so be it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2618039].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 13, 2014

At my initial visit, I was asked to do blood work and x-rays, which I did within a couple of days. He asked me to come back in 3 months. I made an appointment and THEY called to cancel and booked me another 3 months down the road - so 6 months. I saw him on the day before I was flying to Australia; so I had things to do. I waited about 90 minutes, only to be asked if I'd done he requested x-rays. Now, don't you think, if I wait that long, that the office staff might follow up if test results had not been received? It was a total waste of my time. I left and swore I'd never go back and I haven't. He treats patients like a hunk of meat!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2482332].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2014

I would not EVER recommend this doctor. He was not interested in my pains if nothing showed up on the blood work then he told me it must be my sleep pattern (?) thanks I sleep fine. I have a long family history of auto immune and he declared I didn't have an issue that at 42yrs old my arthritis was normal that I was a homosapien it was to be expected. I look at all my friends and nobody has finger or joint distortion that I do or the pain. He told me he could not help me that to go back and see my regular doctor. He was like he was autistic because he never looks at you and his bloody office is freezing in the middle of winter (that helps with joint pain) his secretary is an idiot. Please do not waste your time seeing this doctor!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1047197].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 4, 2013

The reviews on this site had me prepared for the worst but I must say, my experience with this doctor was nothing like the reviews I've read here. It's too bad that more happy, satisfied patients don't log on to share their good experiences. I have to say I had a very good experience with Dr. Jovaisas. He is polite, professional, knowledgeable and patient. Considering how long it takes to see a specialist in this city, I got in pretty quick. He was punctual for our first appointment and he didn't rush me out of his office. He answered all of my questions (there were many) and I was happy with the plan he had for my follow-up care. There were no issues at all getting booked in for a second appointment. The only negative thing I would say was that his office reception area was pretty gross...to the point where I was a bit uncomfortable...and the sign in the reception area was rude "Please don't rip pages out of magazines- If I catch you, you will pay".

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1047196].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 4, 2012

When I was referred to Dr. Jovaisas after a trip to the ER, I was nervous because these reviews. During my recent visit, I discovered that my concerns were unjustified. First of all, the receptionist was supremely helpful and a pleasure to deal with. Dr. Jovaisas was thorough and efficient. He was also very patient with my limited English. Previous reviewers complained about bedside manner and lack of eye contact. I disagree on the first count, and could not care less about the second. Before this, I've seen doctors who coddled me, smiled a lot, and took a very long time getting nowhere. Dr. Jovaisas ordered further tests. The prescription he gave me is effective in controlling my pain without making me drowsy or incoherent. This is monumental for me; it means I get to continue school next semester. You have no idea how grateful I am for that.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1047195].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2012

Again with the face time. I waited 7 months to see this alleged doctor for 10 minutes of his time; only to tell me "he couldn't help me". Sounds like his very own mantra. I cannot believe these doctors still exist. I call him a billing **** and nothing more.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1047198].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2012

After waiting a year to see this supposed doctor my wife recieved 5 minutes face time with him. He was supposed to be the doctor to recommend a course of action to fix her back. The first words out of his mouth even before examing her was "I cannot help you".How is this possible with no exam.My wife has not moved out of the livingroom in over a year and can now look forward to a least another year til she see a specialist.In my opion I do belive this Doctor is just wasting air by being in this city. A referral to any other specialist would have been a great step, but that won't happen now.As we discovered, if you are a new patient you can expect at least two cancellations before you actually see him.My wife's first appointment was cancelled and the nurse let it slip that he wanted to go GOLFING. How much can he care about his patients if golf takes precidence. I think the best thing he could do for the medical profession is retire and let some who want to cure their patients take over

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1047199].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2012

I agree with all the comments in this post and after two appts stopped seeing him and went to see another Rheumy who answered all my questions - I am very happy with my new doctor. btw his secretary is poorly suited for customer service and her arrogant attitude is unbelievable.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1047194].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2012

Have been seeing him for far too long. I've read the posted comments and agree with most. His bedside manner is very poor. Condescending and dismissive, and that's just a start. Avoid this Dr. if possible.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1047193].votes_count ]]