Rate Dr. Rebecca S. Mattison

Dr. Rebecca S. Mattison's Ratings

I have been very happy with Dr Mattison over the last 4 years of being seen by her. When I moved to the area I was uncertain who would be knowledgeable and communicate clearly. Dr Mattison is extremely bright, but realistic when it comes to the challenges of living with Type 1 Diabetes and thyrod issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2565733].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2014

Dr. Mattison can be very direct, but I value that in a doctor. She is incredibly intelligent and knows her stuff. But I could see her not having a lot of patience with those that try to diagnosis themselves. I have never felt any of the dismissal or rebuffs that others speak of. She communicates her care plans clearly and I always receive a follow-up letter providing my results and future plans for my care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2558266].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 30, 2014

Why is it that salons and automechanics always offer comfort and water when you wait for them to complete the service but a place designed to heal and comfort (clinic) leaves you thirsty, cold, and alone?

That sums up my entire visit with Dr. Mattison. Even when she was in the room she was cold and I felt alone. She rebuffed my previous research on the largest database of information I have access to (the internet) in my own health as something that would make her own task of explaining how I feel..to me....difficult. She downplayed my body's response to Hashimoto's disease and made me feel belittled. Her final offering was to direct me towards a neurologist, or perhaps a rheumatologist - anyone but her, I'm sure. Which is fine with me. Dr. Mattison - you're fired.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2538870].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2014

She told me to take Activia yogurt for bloating and never checked me for Hashimoto's Disease which I found out after leaving her that I had. She was also flippant and uninterested in helping me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2519495].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 30, 2014

I have tried many endocrinologists in the metro and finally settled on Dr. Mattison. Frankly, I was shocked to see that anyone had anything poor to say about her. She is professional, intelligent, punctual, and has helped tremendously with my thyroid issues. I have been going to Dr. Mattison for 4 years and make a 45 minute drive to do so. I went years with feeling tired and sluggish, without Dr. Mattison's help I would not feel this good. I recommend her to everyone I know.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2439828].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

I waited three months to see Dr. Mattison. I had to leave Park Nicollet to do so so there was a wait time to get it. Dr. Mattison gave me all the time I needed. I asked several questions. I asked for a med not typically used, it did not work but we worked with it for a year and she changed it without any attitude. The receptionist? The receptionist with the long hair and glasses is the ugliest and meanest troll at the desk. I ignore her, as I think she is a welfare to work experiment. Dr. Mattison is a 10.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2439827].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 24, 2014

Dr. Mattison was rude, unhelpful and arrogant. She told me that if my hormones are unbalanced there is nothing she can do about that and didn't understand why I was there. She made me feel like I did something wrong by making an appointment with her. I felt like a total inconvenience to her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1047810].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 24, 2013

This doctor is submissive and either unwilling or unable to deal with more complicated endocrine/hormonal issues. Feel like an inconvenience to her because i haven't easy to diagnose. Staff seem disinterested as well. If you're not an easy to diagnose diabetic, i would not waste your valuable time with this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1047809].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 4, 2013

I agree with other comments that this doctor seems distracted and arrogant. I have seen her several times, trying to give her the benefit of the doubt. She is consistently abrupt and without bedside manners. After my last visit she failed to include follow up instructions in her follow up letter. She definitely makes me feel as if I am an inconvenience to her and her busy schedule.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1047808].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 22, 2013

Preoccupied & arrogant. Not really willing to listen & dismissive of what I know to be true. I have some medical knowledge (I'm an RN) and I pay attention to my body and what it tells me. She basically said my problems could not be related (after going to different MD, it turns out they were). Would not recommend her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1047807].votes_count ]]