You may also like

Rate Dr. Rebecca S. Mattison

Dr. Rebecca S. Mattison's Ratings

I have seen Dr Mattison for years for an endocrine problem. She has always been knowledgeable and professional in her interactions with me, and her care has been helpful for my health. I have never experienced anything but friendliness and openness from her, and I agree that she is very intelligent. I would highly recommend her!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2841683].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

My experience is very similar to many of those listed below. I was referred by my Internist when she could not get my Hashimotos under good control. I have made 3 visits to the Endocrinology Clinic of Minneapolis since that time. I have found the following: 1. Phone calls to make appointments result in long waits. If you are unable to sit on the phone for 10 minutes or longer ... wait until you are. 2. The front desk staff is neither warm, nor welcoming. If you're looking for customer service, you are not going to experience at that point of care. 3. Dr. Mattison is direct, unemotional and minimally friendly. She is brief in her interaction and disinterested in answering your questions. She WAS, however, willing to listen to what research I had done and my insistence that my symptoms were real. She switched my medication and I have been much better controlled since then. Some people need warm fuzzies from their doctor. I am a health care professional and while I like that ... if you don't give it to me but still help me, I'm ok with that. I do feel that much could be done to improve her interactions with her patients. I went away each time feeling as though I was another person with a thyroid issue, and not an individual who was struggling with feeling horrible for years. It is highly unlikely that anyone from Endo Clinic of Mpls. reads these reviews, as nothing has changed in 3 years. Great to be able to vent and affirm.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2707830].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2015

What she lacks in warm fuzzies, Dr. Mattison more than makes up for in her grasp of endocrinology! It's almost devilishly complicated--but if you need to sit down and figure out what's going on, she's your person. It's true that she doesn't have a lot of obvious Minnesota nice going on, and I can see how some could be put off by that. But for overall brainpower and ability to come up with a plan, she's top drawer. (Also she has a fine sense of humor that only shows after your first couple of visits.)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2597469].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2014

I have been very happy with Dr Mattison over the last 4 years of being seen by her. When I moved to the area I was uncertain who would be knowledgeable and communicate clearly. Dr Mattison is extremely bright, but realistic when it comes to the challenges of living with Type 1 Diabetes and thyrod issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2565733].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2014

Dr. Mattison can be very direct, but I value that in a doctor. She is incredibly intelligent and knows her stuff. But I could see her not having a lot of patience with those that try to diagnosis themselves. I have never felt any of the dismissal or rebuffs that others speak of. She communicates her care plans clearly and I always receive a follow-up letter providing my results and future plans for my care.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2558266].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 30, 2014

Why is it that salons and automechanics always offer comfort and water when you wait for them to complete the service but a place designed to heal and comfort (clinic) leaves you thirsty, cold, and alone?

That sums up my entire visit with Dr. Mattison. Even when she was in the room she was cold and I felt alone. She rebuffed my previous research on the largest database of information I have access to (the internet) in my own health as something that would make her own task of explaining how I feel..to me....difficult. She downplayed my body's response to Hashimoto's disease and made me feel belittled. Her final offering was to direct me towards a neurologist, or perhaps a rheumatologist - anyone but her, I'm sure. Which is fine with me. Dr. Mattison - you're fired.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2538870].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2014

She told me to take Activia yogurt for bloating and never checked me for Hashimoto's Disease which I found out after leaving her that I had. She was also flippant and uninterested in helping me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2519495].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 30, 2014

I have tried many endocrinologists in the metro and finally settled on Dr. Mattison. Frankly, I was shocked to see that anyone had anything poor to say about her. She is professional, intelligent, punctual, and has helped tremendously with my thyroid issues. I have been going to Dr. Mattison for 4 years and make a 45 minute drive to do so. I went years with feeling tired and sluggish, without Dr. Mattison's help I would not feel this good. I recommend her to everyone I know.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2439828].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

I waited three months to see Dr. Mattison. I had to leave Park Nicollet to do so so there was a wait time to get it. Dr. Mattison gave me all the time I needed. I asked several questions. I asked for a med not typically used, it did not work but we worked with it for a year and she changed it without any attitude. The receptionist? The receptionist with the long hair and glasses is the ugliest and meanest troll at the desk. I ignore her, as I think she is a welfare to work experiment. Dr. Mattison is a 10.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2439827].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 24, 2014

Dr. Mattison was rude, unhelpful and arrogant. She told me that if my hormones are unbalanced there is nothing she can do about that and didn't understand why I was there. She made me feel like I did something wrong by making an appointment with her. I felt like a total inconvenience to her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1047810].votes_count ]]