Rate Dr. Susan I. Fesmire

Dr. Susan I. Fesmire's Ratings

Just moved to Dallas & needed new PCP. Did tons of research (I thought) & Dr Fesmire seemed good (good credentials, positive reviews at other sites, etc.). Night before my appt for a physical (which was scheduled 4 wks in advance), realized I needed Dr Fesmire's address. Googled her & this site popped up - hadn't seen it before. Read the reviews with a sinking feeling. Figured they were a bit older & given other things I read, issues were resolved. Next morning when I arrived, it went exactly as others described below. Receptionist said Dr Fesmire was running late & wasn't going to be in for my appt. Said I could either see nurse practitioner or reschedule (3 wks later). Couldn't believe it! Extremely disrespectful of my time/schedule. Dr Fesmire may or may not be a good Dr, don't know, but never will because I refuse to have a Dr who is so unprofessional as to not care about others' time. Don't write on sites, but felt it necessary to share as others so kindly did for me. Beware!

Submitted Aug. 2, 2014 | flag

I have been seeing her for yrs. It is true that you will have long wait times to see her and she does reschedule alot as others have said. However, she is an amazing Dr and literally changed my life with getting me well from an out of the ordinary condition. Susan really cares about her patients. She listens very well, is very patient, and will go the extra mile to find out what is wrong with you and very few Dr's will do that as I saw quite a few before finding her. As a matter of fact the last time I was there for a routine visit I had started a new job so my new benefits had not kicked in yet and I was going to have to pay full price for the visit. She asked me how I was doing and we discussed this and she said ya know what...don't worry about it, this one's on me. I have NEVER had a Dr do that for me so there ya go. And really the long wait times are just due to the fact that she spends alot of time with each patient so it's something I am willing to deal with.

Submitted Oct. 9, 2013 | flag

If you are looking for a really smart, kind and understanding doctor who will find out what is wrong and make sure you get the medicine or treatment you need, Dr. Fesmire is the one to see. When you have a true medical problem that is difficult to treat, you don't mind rescheduling appointments or waiting an hour. When I have a simple cold or allergies, I don't go to the doctor at all, or I go to a walk in place. Dr. Fesmire, in my opinion, is better suited to treat more complex issues. She is thorough, listens well, and considers the patient's preferences.

Submitted March 7, 2013 | flag

I was less than 10 minutes late to my first appointment, and was turned away. I find it unacceptable to be so rude and condescending to a new patient who was only late because it was her first time finding the location. The staff and doctor were not helpful at all, and I would never go back to this place or recommend it to any of my friends. The waiting room as empty. Luckily this was just for an annual checkup, but if I were actually sick and a few minutes late, I would hope my doctor could still see me. Instead of politely asking me to reschedule, they told me to sit and wait and IF someone else was late, they MIGHT be able to get me in. This is not the way to keep patients. Find a new doctor with better customer service, you will regret coming here.

Submitted Feb. 7, 2013 | flag

I love Dr Fesmire & her staff. I work in a medical clinic myself and understand the inner workings of clinics, medical staff clinical skills & doctors' knowledge. I will always be a loyal patient to Dr Fesmire. She is highly skilled, well trained, genuinely caring, respectful, thorough and kind. It's not easy finding a doctor with all these qualifications, at least it hasn't been for me. I never mind waiting an extra half hour for quality care and thoroughness. I've never once felt rushed by her; she answers all of my questions with ought looking or sounding rushed or annoyed. On top of being an exceptional doctor she is also a professor at the med school & a mother of young children as well. She is truly amazing to put it simply!

Submitted Oct. 21, 2012 | flag

Out of four appointments with her, she was present at one, rescheduled two at the last minute, and just completely no-showed for the fourth. Staff announced to a room full of people she was just canceling her appointments for the day and not coming in! Lovely bedside manner in the one appointment she was at. Zero follow-through on the plan of care she made at that appointment and no response from her or her nurse to weeks' worth of voicemails asking for the promised follow-up. Dr. Susan Fesmire's unreliability, unresponsiveness, and lack of coordination of my care caused my treatment to be set back at least 4-6 months. I was abandoned at a critical time and felt desperate and left in a lurch. I wish I'd read reviews online before going to her as this consistent pattern is documented at least as far back as 2007. Her standard of care--best summed up as "out of sight, out of mind"--is inexcusable.

Submitted Oct. 21, 2012 | flag

I agree with other posts that she sometimes cancels at the last minute and you sometimes have to wait longer than I'd like. But lately it's gotten better. I put up with this because she is a great doctor. She listens and talks to you with knowledge and respect. My daughter sees her as well and my sons see another doctor in this practice. We are very happy with the care here.

Submitted Oct. 24, 2011 | flag

Worst Dr. and staff in Dallas. Don't waste your time with this Dr. Unavailable for answers to questions, extremely slow in reading tests. Unresponsive to inquiries to blood work and testing.

Submitted Sept. 12, 2011 | flag

Knows her craft well, and is a good Dr. She listens and does a great job finding out the problem(s) of what is wrong with you. Has a good manner and seems to really care about people instead of being just another number/co-pay...

Submitted Aug. 12, 2011 | flag

She is always running behind, and that's only if you can actually get in to see her! Three out of every four times I make an appointment, I get a call an hour before from the receptionist saying that the doctor will not be coming in and asking me to reschedule. Although she seems to be a good doctor, I cannot recommend her because she doesn't feel that her patients time is as important as her own time. The office staff is neither helpful nor apologetic for the inconvenience. They often will not even let you come in to see another doctor after Dr. Fesmire cancels on you.

Submitted March 28, 2011 | flag