Rate Dr. Alan Byrne

Dr. Alan Byrne's Ratings

Dr Byrne is my hero,he removed a ingrown toe nail and will do the second one in a week.I debated for 30 years as I hate needles but the Dr reassured me he would be fine and it was.His secretary Andrea was very helpful by putting me on the cancellation list which worked out great.Thank you both Andrea and Dr Byrne.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2572386].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2014

I have a condition called Diverticulitis and Byrne saw me in the hospital, and a follow up at his office. Four months later the symptoms came back and when I called his office on Monday morning his assistant got him on the phone and he urged me to come right into his office., over his lunch break. I believe this Dr to be very committed to his patients and very experienced. Yes he is older, I wouldn't be surprised to see his hands shake (read below) but have not witnessed this. He has yet to operate on me, however when he does I believe he will perform the surgery with care and skill.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2566183].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2014

I had to get something removed on my skin. Drove down to oakville... 45 min of traffic the whole way. Waited in the outpatient room for an hour. Got dressed in a gown. Waited in another room. He finally showed up tried to find it with his shaky hands and said it's too small to operate on. I then had to pay 10 for parking. Total waste of time, guess he's happy that he got paid to do nothing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2553056].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2014

Ok...he was my mother's surgeon. There were issues but somebody else mentioning his hands shaking is troublesome. My mother mentioned the same thing in 2000 when he gave her the results of a test. I agree with the rating from Feb 2014.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2485567].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2014

Patient beware with this doctor. He gives you no time in 5-minute appointment for questions or answers, just books the surgery. How can a patient sign a consent form when there is no opportunity for answers or discussion on exactly what will happen? Also, his hand shakes when writing, so how can he perform surgery? I agree with others that it is time for this doctor to retire.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1049156].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 28, 2014

Recently, Dr. Alan Byrne saved my life by removing an invasive breast carcinoma. Prior to the surgery, a biopsy was taken painlessly. Waiting time was critical for me. My request to put me on cancellation list was kindly accommodated. As result I waited for surgery only two weeks after receiving my biopsy results. Now I can see that my scars are accurate. I was very nervous but the doctor’s confidence helped me to go through surgery. I am grateful for the doctor’s patience and kindness to me during this difficult time. His assistants were as friendly and helpful as possible.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1049155].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 11, 2013

Seemed very straightforward. Procedure went as planned and on-time. Dr. did not seem to have a lot of time for me (before or after) but I respect efficiency. Any questions I had were answered properly and I feel great (operation was yesterday). Hospital staff were absolutely GREAT!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1049154].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 29, 2012

This Doctor saved my life, he did reconstructive surgery on my small bowel in 2008 and I am in great health, this surgeon also removed a cyst from my Son with no problems.He also saved the live of of a friend who had emergency surgery

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1049153].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 6, 2011

He is not very aprochable, he scared me the time I met him, I did not want to have the surgery with him, but there was not another doctor available

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1049152].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 30, 2011

Great doctor, couldn't ask for anyone better. Very helpful and informative.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1049151].votes_count ]]