Rate Dr. Alan Byrne

Dr. Alan Byrne's Ratings

Ok...he was my mother's surgeon. There were issues but somebody else mentioning his hands shaking is troublesome. My mother mentioned the same thing in 2000 when he gave her the results of a test. I agree with the rating from Feb 2014.

Submitted Aug. 6, 2014 | flag

Patient beware with this doctor. He gives you no time in 5-minute appointment for questions or answers, just books the surgery. How can a patient sign a consent form when there is no opportunity for answers or discussion on exactly what will happen? Also, his hand shakes when writing, so how can he perform surgery? I agree with others that it is time for this doctor to retire.

Submitted Feb. 28, 2014 | flag

Recently, Dr. Alan Byrne saved my life by removing an invasive breast carcinoma. Prior to the surgery, a biopsy was taken painlessly. Waiting time was critical for me. My request to put me on cancellation list was kindly accommodated. As result I waited for surgery only two weeks after receiving my biopsy results. Now I can see that my scars are accurate. I was very nervous but the doctor’s confidence helped me to go through surgery. I am grateful for the doctor’s patience and kindness to me during this difficult time. His assistants were as friendly and helpful as possible.

Submitted Dec. 11, 2013 | flag

Seemed very straightforward. Procedure went as planned and on-time. Dr. did not seem to have a lot of time for me (before or after) but I respect efficiency. Any questions I had were answered properly and I feel great (operation was yesterday). Hospital staff were absolutely GREAT!

Submitted Aug. 29, 2012 | flag

This Doctor saved my life, he did reconstructive surgery on my small bowel in 2008 and I am in great health, this surgeon also removed a cyst from my Son with no problems.He also saved the live of of a friend who had emergency surgery

Submitted July 6, 2011 | flag

He is not very aprochable, he scared me the time I met him, I did not want to have the surgery with him, but there was not another doctor available

Submitted June 30, 2011 | flag

Great doctor, couldn't ask for anyone better. Very helpful and informative.

Submitted May 9, 2011 | flag

I had a very bad experience and will not go back. I was feeling not prepared for my procedure so called the nurse who was reassuring who explained the Dr. has been doing veins for years , several a day so I let his awful bedside manner go. Then, day of surgery, it all went bad, the syringes were not filled and I was injected blood flowed everywhere Dr. blamed nurse, Dr. did not see? no reassurance made to me, Dr. never apologized,the nurse was coughing and sneezing all over me, the bloody kleenexes were left beside me after a cyst removed. It was totally unacceptable and I left very upset and know I have stitches to be removed. I am not going back there or having my other leg done so now I need to find someone else! Rude Dr. , very blunt , has no time for you and definitely do not feel comfortable!!!

Submitted Feb. 16, 2011 | flag

Please seek another surgeon if you are considering this Doctor. Dr. Byrne should retire immediately. He operated on my wife and did not perform the surgery that she went in for. He clearly made a mistake and did not consult his exam notes prior to operating.He realized this during the post op check up and did not even apoligize. She had to have a second surgery which thankfully was performed by another more careful and caring surgeon.

Submitted Nov. 30, 2010 | flag

Did my child's apendectomy. When we first met him, he disagreed on the lenght of time that we told him the pain was going on for...he rudly said, nope, can't be, not from that!! Did the surgery, took longer than expected, came and met with us in the waiting room only to say, "he must have been in a pain for a while, he was a real mess inside". YOU DON'T SAY!! Follow up appointment took no more than 2 Minutes (seriuosly). First called my son by the wrong name, he lifted the shirt, ripped off the bandage,looked at the incision, and said, he's fine you're ready to go. The good...insicions healed just fine, no infections, back to normal now.

Submitted Nov. 10, 2010 | flag