Rate Dr. Ronald Rovner

Dr. Ronald Rovner's Ratings

I've been a patient of Dr. Rovner's for 20 years. He is knowledgeable, experienced and trustworthy. He diagnosed my autoimmune disease in one visit that had perplexed other specialists for 3 months, he has seen my father for skin cancer, my mother for a drug reaction, my son for acne. Unlike every other dermatologist in the area who have 6 month waiting lists, Dr. Rovner can see you within a couple of weeks, and always sooner when emergent. Dr. Rovner's bedside manner is not a strength for him, but he is not a generalist and I would rather have a correct diagnosis and treatment plan than someone to chat about what is going on in my life. If you want someone to spend 15 minutes with you, holding your hand, and telling you repeatedly that you have nothing to worry about; then I suggest you wait 6 months to see someone else. If you need a dermatologist to assist your family doc/pediatrician/internist with the diagnosis and treatment of your dermatologic issue, then you can count on Dr. Rovner to do it efficiently and correctly.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2576824].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2014

Went in for a screening to get some moles checked out. Lady at the front desk greeted me with a stern "Be with you in one minute." I took a seat and waited for 15 minutes before the lady told me that I should have reminded her that I was there because "the office gets so busy that she ends up forgetting about people." There was only one other person in the waiting room. Doc spent about 5 minutes glancing at me, and told me I had nothing to worry about. Told me I was young (34) and didn't have anything to worry about, and not to be afraid of the sun. That would have been music to my ears, had he actually looked me over, examined my moles closely, or even asked me about about my medical history. Waste of a $50 co-pay.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2503139].votes_count ]]

Submitted Aug. 18, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2485822].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Rovner by my GP whom I trust. Dr. Rovner, without delay, took care of my concern. I believe he had taken the time to pre-assess the most likely issue. He also spotted a potentially cancerous growth and took tissue to be biopsied. I have a stye which he will address later. He checked my skin for other potential concerns and answered all questions I had. He was reassuring and did not make mountains out of mole(hills). He was friendly but didn't waste his nor my time. I would highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2439898].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 7, 2014

I am extremely happy with Dr Rovner. He has discovered skin cancers my first dermatologist missed. No scarring from previous procedures, very knowledgeable. Staff is friendly, minimum wait time. Unlike the larger centers, its easy to schedule an appt in a short time and you get to see the DR, not a PA or NP. I suspect the poor ratings that are mentioned are due to the faulty Healthgrade website which will not allow 5 star ratings. Each time I put 5 stars there it counts it as a 2.5! I would not hesitate to recommend family to Dr. Rovner.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2439897].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 7, 2014

Dr Rovner and his staff are exceptional. I was not discriminated against because I had medicare. I did not have to pay anything the day of my visit, they told me they would bill medicare first and then bill me for the copay which was approximately $14 or less. I have been to doctors in Fla where they make hou pay the copay at the time of the visit as they know what medicare will approve for their fee. We are very lucky in New Enland. My husband now has a suspicious mole we just noticed and my first choice for him is Dr Rovner. Having worked in the mefical field since 1966, ttust me no matter how great you do, no one will akways like you and for thise of you who read negative complaints, just keep in mind the good comments and if your doctor referred you to him then he must have faith in him. Sometimes, you have to form your own opinion and you might be pleasantly surprised, with all the patients DrRovner had seen in hid years of practice and the amount he sees daily, he is excellent.,,,Lucille LaRoche

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1049375].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 22, 2014

Dr. Rovner has been treating me for various skin problems, for many years. He is very knowledgeable. He has always helped me get better. He is friendly. He always explains both the diagnosis and the treatment. Follow up, if needed, will be scheduled promptly, without a long wait. I would recommend Dr. Rovner to anyone who is seeking a very knowledgeable and competent Dermatologist. His staff is excellent as well.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1049374].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

Dr. Rovner was easy to make a fast appointment within the same or next week. I just didn't have time to wait 3-6 months to address my skin issue with other offices. The reviews weren't great from the past, BUT I figured he has been doing this work a long time and must know his stuff. Much of the reviews anyways I find on the internet are people looking for an avenue to complain rather than rave. I thought the front desk staff was very friendly and courteous both in person and over the phone. Dr. Rovner was knowledgable and to the point. I discussed my concerns, he listened and gave me my options and ideas, and we went from there. He's not the kind of doc to sit down and ask you about what kind of coffee you had that morning,but simply addresses your dermatology concern and you are in and out. He doesn't waste your time, but he doesn't rush you out the door either. I would recommend Dr. Rovner.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1049373].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

I thought Dr Rovner was very knowledgeable , I felt very confident with him . I had a red spot on my face for over 3 months that I thought May have been first signs of skin cancer .. I was put at ease that it was nothing to worry about .. Definitely not cancerous .. Gave me peace of mind ..

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1049372].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 17, 2014

Staff were GREAT!! Doc was running WAY behind (which I understand if he were to spend a lot of time w patients - BUT HE DOESNT APPEAR TO) The part of the visit I'm writing abt is when the doctor came into the office to scream at staff & I quote "do you're ****ing job!" ALL in front of patients! I was horrified to say the least... Speaking for myself I would NEVER EVER work in that environment!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1049371].votes_count ]]