Rate Dr. Josée Martineau

Dr. Josée Martineau's Ratings

For the second time of my life I had an appointment with her and this time it was a bad experience. I arrived on time, even with 5 minutes before my scheduled appointment and after 15 minutes I asked her staff whether she is running late or not and her admin went to talk to a lady who was helping a client to put glasses on. I heard her saying to the admin that she was busy helping this client. After waiting 10 more minutes of still waiting, I went to the bathroom and when I came out, the client behind me was being taken care of. I then decided after making me wait for 20 minutes to leave the place as I considered totally unprofessional from her and her staff not to honor appointments. If she was running late, she could have called me or come to me to say so - no communication at all in there and even worse got to hear her staff complain and the doctor and her staff passing by me at least twice without saying "hello". I wasted my time, I will never go back there.

Submitted May 16, 2013 | flag

Dr.Matineau is very kind and takes all the time needed to answer questions. She is very well equiped with modern facilities. She has a great staff also.

Submitted Dec. 23, 2011 | flag

I have been seeing Dr. Martineau for a number of years now and have always found her staff to be most accomodating and the cost of a yearly check up is comparable to others since OHIP stoped covering eye exams. However, I find that the care and explanation I get from all the testing is superior to any other eye doctors I have seen. Dr. Martineau's has state of the art equipment and explains everything she does and why. She is soft spoken and very knowledgeable. I agree that the waiting room chairs are not comfortable. I have had problems with my glasses, but there is a two year waranty on the frames and they have replaced them without any problems. I recommend her highly.

Submitted Nov. 13, 2011 | flag

Probably one of the best, most caring and professional optometrists there is. Highly recommended. She goes above and beyond what normal levels of care are.

Submitted March 28, 2011 | flag

Very good service and excellent doctor. I had a problem with the lenses she prescribed, and I was given another consult and the lenses were replaced for free. Great follow-up.

Submitted Oct. 19, 2009 | flag

Dr. Martineau is fantastic, both with adults and with kids. I'd recommend her to any parent. Her equipment is great, and she and her staff take the time to explain the processes...and the results. She was recommended to me by my G.P., who is also her client!, and now the whole family goes. Book now and early, because most appointments are one year in advance.

Submitted May 21, 2009 | flag

Dr. Martineau is caring, patient, and knowledgeable. She will take the time to explain things to her patients, and if you have problem eyes, you will most likely learn more about what is wrong than you have ever known before. She is the only optometrist I have met who was able to transition me properly into a new prescription of contacts after I had been greatly overprescribed elsewhere. Expect to be in her office for a long time, but if you need or want the quality of care she offers, it is well worth it(it is too bad that she has the most uncomfortable waiting room chairs I've ever sat on, however!). I have not paid for optometry services elsewhere, and after going to an opthalmologist where services were free, I found the prices to be a bit of a shock, though I have no idea how they compare to others in her field. I would simply recommend that you ask the cost of things up front, including any recommended tests, if money is an issue.

Submitted Feb. 25, 2008 | flag

Dr. Martineau is a young-ish doctor and serves patients in both French and English. She is extremely thorough and takes her time when seeing you -- with all the tests an annual exam can take 2.5 hours or more! Her office seems well-equipped with all the latest technology and she seems very knowledgeable about new trends and advances. On the downside, her practice seems very business oriented. Even though there are signs in her office saying they have a fair pricing policy and welcome questions, she gets kind huffy when politely asked about what her extra fees cover. She always seems to be pushing new and more expensive kind of contact lenses on her patients and charges a $75 fee for "recommending" a lens and giving you a sample pair -- even though the manufacturers provide these samples free of charge. Her office claims contacts and glasses sold in the office's boutique are offered "at cost", but they don't tell you a "diagnostic fee" is hidden in the total.

Submitted July 17, 2007 | flag