Rate Dr. John Skala

Dr. John Skala's Ratings

Please ignore the previous comment. This patient requested a scheduled restricted drug which we do not prescribe in this practice. She had never been to the practice before and showed up as a doctor shopper on an enquiry was made. This was politely explained to her at the consultation and then she verbally abused the doctor. She has been banned from the practice permanently.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2487567].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 8, 2014

It was an unfortunate fact that I was required to see this *doctor* as my usual GP had the day off. He is arrogant, and his lack of empathy and bedside manner is a discrase. I do not recommend anyone who reads this should see this unqualified, hideous man. He lacks the ability to

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2439991].votes_count ]]

Submitted July 3, 2014

My first appointment with Dr Skala was for travel shots. I was initially impressed and decide I would use him as my GP. My second appointment was significantly less satisfactory! I waited an hour for my appointment, whilst he spent the time with 1 patient, most of the time not with the patient (dictating letters, in other rooms, etc). When I finally got my turn I was processed through like a chicken carcass in a factory. 3 minutes is all I got and basically he wasn't interested in hearing my problems. I was charged $80 for a "consultation" and wasn't even examined. In addition another $80 for malarial tablets. Basically it cost me $160 for 7 malaria tablets. Instead of examining he just wrote up expensive referrals. I will not be returning.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1051880].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2012

Dr Skala is exemplary. He fully possesses the essence of the AMA Code of Ethics in his attitude in the consultation of equals working together for the best possible outcome. As an academic who specialises in ethics, a Harvard fellow in the area, I see the effort he makes. I feel very lucky to have him as my GP and I wish others the same luck. Blessings Dr Lee Miena Skye

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1051879].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2012

Great doctor is a very knowledgeable and is difficult to get in to see. He has great diagnostic skills. I have been seeing him for 20 years and recommend the practice to all my friends. The other great thing is I can be seen same day by a doctor if I have an emergency. It's a good medical centre as they are one of the few medical centres open every day of the year.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1051878].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 1, 2012

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1051884].votes_count ]]

Submitted March 29, 2012

Brilliant helpful doctor.Goes out of his way to diagnoze , investigate, treat and refer if necessary to a specialist. He even rings up and makes patients their appointments so as the specialist doesnt take too long to see them. He owns the medical centre which is one of the few open every day of the year in brisbane. He is also a travel medicine specialist, abd gives painless injections!Can often run late as he gives his patients a thorough service,but the wait is worthwhile.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1051877].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 17, 2012

Unhelpful, staff member bad mouthed the Dr before I saw him in the first instance which is never a good thing unfortunately. Changed to another practice after visit no.3. New Dr is great and listened to me. Very impressed with him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1051876].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2011

extremely respectful and caring man who genuinely honours his patients.I have had the time over the last two and a half years as a spinal disease sufferer to get to know this doctor and can honestly say that his methods are of top quality,sure you may wait a little longer,but people do not realise that the best doctors are allways very busy though worth the wait.To me doctor John Skala has worked very hard constantly caring for my congenital injuries.I personally have chose to write this comment after reading other comments and realising that this man is not treated properly for his determined and continual efforts towards his patients.All I can say is KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK DOCTOR SKALA.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1051875].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 30, 2009

I found that even though the medical centre was very busy that I did not wait more than 10 mins for my appointment. The staff were all very friendly and I had great service from the doctor who accurately identified my complaint and gave me a remedy that stopped me being sick. I would reccomend my friends to go and will go back myself.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1051874].votes_count ]]