Rate Dr. Ben Forster

Dr. Ben Forster's Ratings

Ben is a very competent and confident surgeon. He is quite blunt but in a humorous way. He has a long waiting list and of course you will have a good wait in the waiting rooms. The QCOS
waiting room chairs are extremely uncomfortable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2656918].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 18, 2014

After 2 previous surgery Dr Forster operated and fused my subtalar joint, brilliant surgeon with great post op care with a wonderful sense of humour. His staff are so helpful. Not so good on the punctuality, but worth waiting for. Catch up on some reading!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2641939].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2014

Fantastic surgeon and wonderful man. Can't recommend Dr Ben Forster highly enough. I had a bimalleolar fracture (right ankle) that required quite a bit of hardware - 6 months later I'm running, rockclimbing, surfing, swimming - straight back into life again. From the first moment I walked into his office, he was friendly and totally put me at ease that everything would be ok. He's got a great sense of humour and is very caring and attentive during post-op. As with any specialist, I recommend taking a book or laptop for the waiting room, but that's pretty standard. In short, Ben rocks!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2542294].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2014

Amazing doctor, great knowledge and gives plenty of options, explains everything in details and answers all questions. Doesn't rush the appointments and makes you feel so relaxed. Couldn't ask for a better doctor or person, highly recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2534095].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2014

Couldn't be happier with Dr Forster. He fixed my ankle and now 5 years down the track, have not had one ounce of pain. Would highly recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2530906].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2014

I haven't even had an appointment with Dr Foster and already I dislike the service and attitude of his staff. I certainly hope they don't represent him. When I rang to make an appointment to see him I was quizzed by his secretary with fifty questions before they would even confirm if he would see me. It appeared that if I didn't have private health cover that was going to be a problem and that I should rate the level of my injury and discomfort. Further I had also seen another doctor in the practice but I was seeing Dr Foster about another matter and I was once again grilled. The secretary wanting to know what I wanted to see Dr Foster about, why I had seen the other doctor in the practice. What my medical condition involved. She made me feel very uncomfortable and it was really none of her business. I was then told that I had to forward my referral to them so that Doctor Foster could decided how urgent my case was. This was all to be done based on a two line letter from a GP

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2482360].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 31, 2014

I can highly recommend Dr Forster. I had a subtalar joint fusion. 6 months later no swelling or pain. He explained what to expect. He is ver approachable and professional.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2440020].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014

Such a great man, made me feel completely at ease with jokes and warmth and eased my worries and nervousness. As a young woman, without parents there too, it was great of him to acknowledge that and do what he could to make me at ease. Gave me options as he knew i didn't want to jump straight to surgery even though it will be the eventual outcome. Walked me step by step through my scans so it wasn't just him throwing big words at me and me not understanding, he showed me where and why and what each option would entail and fix.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2440019].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2014

Brilliant Surgeon and person! After being shuffled from Dr to Dr with an ankle injury and pain that was getting worse I was finally lucky enough to be referred to Ben in the public system. From the minute I met him I felt comfortable, at ease and all of my fears were put to rest. After trying non-surgical treatments, we decided surgery was the way to go. Now 11 days post op and after seeing Ben again 2 days ago, apart from bruising and swelling, my ankle feels so much better! If you get the chance to see Ben, DO IT!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1052565].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 2, 2014

Although late for almost every appointment Ben fixed my messy ankle and foot and I am really happy. I spoke to his team about the lateness and they told me he was so in demand they had to double book to get people in and I have seen him racing from one room to another BUT he's worth the wait! I now have a stable ankle. He has a great sense of humor, easy to talk to with a real down to earth attitude where you feel he gets what you are saying, answered all my questions, even repetitive ones, didn't push me into the surgery route even knowing it was my only real option, he let me get there in my own time when I felt ready but gave me a little push when I needed it and supported me through the early rehab. He made me laugh just before my surgery to reduce my nerves. I'd recommend him for anyone with an ongoing or unusual ankle injury.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1052564].votes_count ]]