You may also like

Rate Dr. Michael Morhart

Dr. Michael Morhart's Ratings

I had a traumatic leg injury over 2.5 years ago. I have had nothing but pain and problems walking ever since. Wcb has referred me to several of their doctors that basically told me there is nothing wrong just give it another couple of months, another couple of months and so on excercise more ... Turns out two and a half years later I finally seen Dr Moorhart! I have an entrapped nerve with a neuroma. Booked me into ASAP surgery , at the Alex .i was in within two weeks. I cringed at being taken back to the Alex, as I had a very bad experience there when I had my ortho surgery ( tibial nail, ankle plate and overall 7 screws holding my leg together) I had no pain control from the beginning and was treated rudely hostile and like a price of garbage ( I am a RN) this was the first time. I had my surgery yesterday? I had no pain afterwards at all, was up and walking within an hour of being back on the unit. Even though I have a bit of swelling and a dressing with a tensor around my ankle, foot and lower leg. I have less pain a day after surgery then the 2 and a half years before surgery. Like a lot of people I thought I was being sent to yet another wcb doctor that would tell me it was all in my head. This guy is a gem!!! His staff have an excellent sense if humor as well as he does as well. I was put out in the OR listening to Areosmith rocking( by request)!! Would recommend him in a minute. I can't wait till the dressing comes off and incision is healed! Pain free after over 2 years of being told the pain is just basically my fault and to exercise it away!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2847779].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

Even though he was running behind, it was well worth the wait. He was personable, great bedside manner and knew what he was doing. I had CTS surgery and I have had no problems just great relief from the pain I have for YEAR'S, Thanks Dr. Mike

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2742592].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 4, 2015

The best hand surgeon in Edmonton! Great bed side manner,kind and extremely knowledgable. You can trust that if Dr. Morhart is your doctor, you'll be well taken care of.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2742123].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 4, 2015

After three previous attempts by another surgeon he accepted me as a paitent and my wrist was fixed. Very direct and knowledgable.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2691394].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2015

Dr. Morhart was behind schedule. Had to wait 2 hours. When I saw him he was very anxious to finish as fast as he could. He was very sarcastic and told me that he almost felt like not treating me anymore because what ever he has done has not helped. I am seeing him again so I hope he acts more professionally because I am not going to take his bullying.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2591907].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2014

Not sure what to rate for helpfulness or knowledge as I was not sitting in the waiting room for myself but rather waiting quietly for somebody. So quietly that I got to sit and listen to the staff bash their patients while the phone and the front desk was ignored for almost an hour! If you want to be judged and made fun of this is the place for you! Professionally appalling!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2531549].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2014

I had needle aponeurotomy performed to reduce symptoms of Dupuytren's Contracture. I had limited use of 2 fingers for several years, progressively worsening. I am so impressed with this 5 minute procedure almost 2 weeks ago. I had almost 80-90 % use of my hand immediately following the virtually painless procedure. Now, I have 95 % use. Thank you for such an efficient, professional solution.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1052872].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2011

Sorry, you said I could get time off at the royal alex, then the WCB form you put down able to return to light duties, is that what you always put on the form? Different people have different levels of pain. Even my WCB guy said another guy is going through the same thing. I see you again, but I will be seeing my own doctor before you. Even though you work for WCB people still feel pain different and I don't want to become another native person addicted to pills, staying home and relaxing my arm is more perferrable. Your nurse gave me a note until July 25, then the form you put return to work July 11, When I am still feeling cramps and hard time sleeping. WHEN i SEEN YOU LAST YOU DIDN'T EVEN LOOK AT MY ARM, THE NURSE, AND STUDENT DOCTOR SEEN IT. I will be sending a letter to WCB also to tell of this. You are a real good surgeon, but I am unhappy for the healing time given, I am also off balance due to my size, even the person who did my cast said the cast seemed so heavy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1052871].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 10, 2011

First off his secretary is very rude and smug. Since my surgery (which I am worse off since) I have entered the medical field and have come to realize that certain things he told me about my condition were wrong. He wanted me to have surgery more than I did and now I live with the consequences. Go elsewhere for other opinions. He needs to update his knowledge.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1052870].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 25, 2011

As a workers comp case I figured I'd just get into the first available crappy surgeon who semi knew what he was doing, but boy was I wrong!!! He is a great dr and I would highly recommend him. I'm a 21 year old female and most doctors treat me like an idiot, but he treated me very well and answered all of my questions. He came in and talked to me before my surgery and kept me calm, and the dr's held my hand while putting me under because they knew I was scared. Overall amazing dr and staff, would definitely recommend him!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1052869].votes_count ]]