Dr. Victor J. Bonuel

Website: hcpnv.com/doctor/vi... External Link
Practice: Healthcare Partners
Hospital:
Phone:702-473-8380
Med. School:Far Eastern Univ, Dr N Reyes Med Fndn Inst Of Med, Manila, Philippines
Grad. Year: 1983

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 21 reviews. Dr. Victor J. Bonuel has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Victor" to "Victor J."
RID: 2652513
19/05/13 5 5 5 5 I would recommend Dr. Bonuel to everyone. He is great with his patients, very caring man with me and my husband for some time now, he not only cares physically but mentally as well. Great man of God, very knowledgeable and humble doctor. I love his dedication .
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 2649691
15/05/13 5 5 5 5 Been with him a very long time, And very comfortable with him, Very nice, stays on top of what he's doing.
RID: 2162854

28/05/12 1 1 1 1 Late, then left me in the room while he boasted about his book to one of the male nurses in the hallway for longer than he should have. The staff was really unprofessional too ( they were obnoxious hipster kids that didn't seem to take their job seriously). Bonuel himself didn't seem to care about anything I had to say. I couldn't even give him the full story, and he didn't asked many questions (just a simple 'what's wrong' and then a rush out the door). He couldn't even look me in the eyes. Frankly it seemed like he was avoiding me. I am a goth type person, maybe he didn't like me because he's Christian? Kind of contradicts the big poster outside promoting a discrimination free clinic. It's been over two weeks now and I still don't have my blood results, nor care to call or go back there. He didn't even set up a next appointment with me, but just said he's call, and never did. It was seriously the most humiliating and horrible experience I have ever had with any medical professional.  Respond
RID: 1681675
09/01/12 5 5 5 5 I am 28 years old and have lived in Vegas my entire life. Before I came across Doctor Bonuel I wanted to give up on doctors period. Not only does he actually care about your health but he cares about you as a person! Thank You Dr. Bonuel!  Respond
RID: 1664976
19/12/11 4 5 5 5 Dr. Victor Bonuel is an exemplary physician. He is knowledgeable in every medical issues I consulted him with He has been my PCP for over ten (10) years. He has taken good care of me. In fact he "caught" my impending heart condition before it even happened. My open-heart sugery saved me.
Insurance: Aetna
Respond

18/12/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1660429
13/12/11 3 3 4 5 good doctor, wish he were mine he was funny and he helped me alot
Insurance: Humana
RID: 1550786
30/09/11 3 1 1 1 He was extremely late to my appointment, but seemed nice enough. However, after I explained my symptoms for my ear discomfort and shoulder pain, he promptly dismissed both and told me to not worry about either, then asked me if I'm Christian and handed me a pamphlet on Christianity. I have no idea what to make of this, but I will not be going back.
Insurance: United Healthcare
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 1354341
03/02/11 3 4 5 5 Dr. Bonuel has been our doctor for years and we have always been very pleased with the care he has given us. He is a kind, friendly, compassionate doctor who goes out of his way to correctly diagnose our medical concerns and to make sure we receive the best medical care possible. We highly recomend him to anyone who is in search of a great doctor.
RID: 1333918
11/01/11 4 4 4 3 So far so good. Havent been here long but I have no complaints. Seems very helpful, will know better in a few months. The staff does try to work with my work schedule to get me my appointments.
Insurance: Tricare
RID: 1305526
02/12/10 5 5 5 5 doctor has great bed side manor and is very understanding and goes the extra mile to insure that you understand your illness and provides the best care in making you better. he refers you to the best specialest that are available in nevada to ensure you get the best care. he also contiues to follow up to ensure you are getting well and will even have his nurse call you at home to see how you are doing in some situations. I would recommend this doctor to anyone.
RID: 1299617
23/11/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Bonuel has treated me and my family for a long time. He listens and then explaines his assesment and treatment in a careing and knowledgeable manner. We have great confidence in his ability to treat and cure our illness.
RID: 1163288
05/05/10 5 5 5 5 The best doctor I have ever seen when others did not know he did made me feel better in a matter of days will be the only doc I see
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
Respond

04/04/10 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1124037
09/03/10 5 4 5 5 HaveMedicare and BCBS - no out of pocket to dr. Been a patient 6 years. Does not push unnessary tests or drugs. Refers to other phys. if needed. Very happy with his care.
Respond

28/02/10 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1112391
22/02/10 5 4 5 5 He has very friendly staff and is willing to explain whatever you ask him.  Respond
RID: 1110280
19/02/10 3 3 5 4 Very compasionate and understanding doctor. Goes out of his way to diagonse problem. Would recommend.
RID: 1109477
18/02/10 5 5 5 4 Very punctual and helpful with questions concerning my health. The Nurse (Sahara) was extremely helpful in all her activities.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1041559
23/11/09 1 1 2 2 Gotta love the stupid nurse who asks as you are walking down the hall when the last time was you had your period....uh, hello, don't they teach you patient respect, courtesy and professionalism? Oh and what about the nurse there who thinks you make up what the doctor says.....No, I'm not a druggie you stupid nurse....Dr. Bonuel said I could have two refills on Ambien. This is the worst place to go....have an appointment at 3.....you're lucky if you get seen at 5 and then they push you through because he wants to get out of there. Plus he does love to take personal calls while you are trying to talk to him. THE WORST PLACE EVER!!!!
RID: 1031335
11/11/09 1 2 1 1 My husband thought he was the best doctor untill Bonuel diagnosed him with a blood clot and then sent him home with blood thiners.Two days later my husband had to be rushed to Spring Valley hospital(where Bonuel's office is located)and Bonuel refused to see /treat him at the hospital.He would not return ph. calls and his nurse would not let me talk to him. I was at his office 3 times in 1 day. His nurse is one of the most unprofessional nurses I've ever seen. To make a long story short, if Bonuel would have put him in the hospital the day he found the blood clot (as most doctors do)maybe my husband wouldn't have died 5 days later. I would not let this so called doctor treat my dog let alone a human.Just be where, as I said, my husband thought he was a great doctor for 4 years.  Respond
RID: 904844
04/06/09 1 1 1 1 dr was there for me in the hospital but once I needed follow up for bypass he could careless.
RID: 880823
07/05/09 1 3 1 1 This doctor and his staff give the impression that they really couldn't care less about you or your medical issues. Worst doctor I've ever seen.
Insurance: Pacificare
RID: 662702
12/08/08 1 2 2 2 This doctor takes personal phone calls while you are in the middle of telling him what your symptoms are.....he then leaves and when he comes back in after seeing other patients, he forgets what you told him and you have to start over. He has the rudest staff I've ever come across! I'm looking for a new physician!
Paid (or co-pay): $15