Rate Dr. Gary S. Donovitz

Dr. Gary S. Donovitz's Ratings

I went to see this doctor to get pellet hormones. They did tests and put the pellets in. Very easy and I feel great now!

Submitted June 2, 2014 | flag

Dr Donovitz is great when it comes to solving complex health problems. I enjoyed my visit to the office.

Submitted June 2, 2014 | flag

Getting pellets for over a year now and i still don't feel like they said I would. I get them every 3 months and my insurance won't pay a dime of it. You get pushed through the system like a heard of cattle.

Submitted May 16, 2014 | flag

Gary Donovitz MD is a great doctor! I recommend him to all my friends.

Submitted May 9, 2014 | flag

I went to this doc for the pellets (Sottopelle) approx. 2-3 years ago. The Sottopelle was amazing I felt wonderful. His office staff had always been fairly rude, but since the pellets helped I looked over the rudeness. Until he switch to this BIOTE pellet. I about came out of my skin with anxiety, the office staff went into rude overdrive, the nurse called me I ask her to remove them I was having horrible anxiety I wanted the BIOTE removed they claimed they couldn't, they did not even follow up after I told them what was happening to me. I never had these issues with Sottopelle.I asked if something had been changed in the pellets, they claimed nothing, I don't believe it, several of my friends have had the same issues. I am now looking for a new Sottopelle doctor. I hate this he was so convenient to my home. Even with rudeness and all I was willing to put up with just to get the Sottopelle. This new pellet is distrubing.

Submitted Aug. 7, 2013 | flag

I got two years of treatments from Donovitz and had a GREAT experience each time. Tried the other doc he shared space with, when he left Plano. The other doc changed my pellets and my body has been in hell ever since. Donovitz was very helpful and very busy. It's not unusual that staff anywhere, doing anything, can be rude sometimes, but that wasn't my experience, and I'll bet not normal for anyone who really wants to see the good in what they are doing for a LOT of people who suffere. Not all treatments work on all people - that's not his fault or his staff's. I knew the moment I talked to them exactly what I'd pay and that insurance was my battle to fight - NOTHING hidden. I'm going back - ditching the other doc who put me in a room my first visit, then brought in a lady to take pictures of her post face lift. Talk about rude!

Submitted Feb. 7, 2013 | flag

I am on my 3 pellet and I am only 33 and was very unsure about putting anything in my body that is not easy to remove.I have to admit that I feel AMAZING!!! I should have listened to him earlier. He never spoke about himself and was VERY intrested in my concerns.... And NO I do not work for him nor have I ever!

Submitted Oct. 1, 2012 | flag

The name Gary Donovitz is contracted with providers as Aetna for gynecological visits only. CAUTION: FOR HORMONE REPLACEMENT CARE, INSURANCE WILL NOT COVER. HIS TAX ID BECOMES DIFFERENT UNDER A NAME "INSTITUTION FOR HORMONE REPLACEMENT" AND IS NOT COVERED WITH ANY INSURANCE COMPANY. HIS OFFICE DOES NOT ASSIST WITH YOU A 'MAKE SENSE' CODE FOR COVERAGE EITHER. BE SURE YOU KNOW UP FRONT YOU WILL BE OUT THE $300 TO $400 HORMONE REPLACEMENT WILL COST YOU. THEY DON'T TELL YOU IN THE UPFRONT.

Submitted June 18, 2012 | flag

I had pellet implantation, looking for hormonal help. I did get a little more energy but bad anxiety. I called to see if I could have them removed, they refuse to call back. Stay away from this doctor. He even admits he will not care for you after implantation or any other area of care, he does not even call to see how you are doing. My sister had this done by another doctor and they called her regularly with follow up, they worked great for her. I will go back to the creams after my gyno gets all my blood test back and he gets over the shock. Stay away they could careless about you!

Submitted Dec. 26, 2011 | flag

I went to him for the harmone pellet. I told his staff that they were above average in organization and helpfulness. I was informed of the most common side effects, in writing and orally by the doctor, at the time of insertion. Those side effects did develop, but were expected and tolerable. I am also reaping the benefits which were also explained in writing and orally by the doctor. I wish I had found this doctor earlier in my life!

Submitted Oct. 28, 2011 | flag