Dr. Jennifer Telford

Rate Dr. Jennifer Telford

Dr. Jennifer Telford's Ratings

I can't decide if Dr. Telford is an angel sent from God or a doctor ! She has the most pleasant disposition and greets you with a wonderful handshake every time you see her. Her bedside manner is top notch too. After having many colonoscopies and being diagnosed with diverticular disease I was still very ill. After being referred to her, she found I had H.Pylori bacteria & lymphocytic colitis from biopsies she took from when she performed a colonoscopy. She is my saving grace and I'm very happy to be under her care. I believe being a doctor is a true calling for her and I feel very blessed to have her as my gastroenterologist.

Submitted July 15, 2013 | flag

My experience of seeing Dr. Telford has been great. As many people mentioned here, she is very professional and efficient. What impressed me the most was that she came to the front to personally greet her patients and led them to her office. She arranged colonoscopy and endoscopy for me within 7 days and did such a good job. I did not feel any discomfort post-procedures. I feel lucky that I got to see her. She is the best. Her office staff is a very friendly and organized lady as well.

Submitted May 1, 2013 | flag

Travelled from Kelowna to Vancouver for a pancreatic procedure that had been scheduled for months, when I arrvived at the hospital I was prepped and given a bed only to be told 3 hours later that the procedure would have to be rescheduled as Dr. Telford had to take ambulance patients first. I thought she was a "specialist" and was only at the hospital for the procedure. So now will have to reschedule at I time I am not certain of.....Not too impressed.

Submitted Sept. 24, 2012 | flag

Dr. Telford is knowledgeable, professional, helpful and efficient. I had problems due to long term use of iron supplement. She checked with me and arranged a colonoscopy two weeks later. She did a wonderful job and I didn't feel any pain or discomfort even though I chose not to have sedation. I highly recommend Dr. Telford to anyone who has digestive problems.

Submitted Aug. 28, 2012 | flag

very impress for a first time, i wasrefer to dr. Telford by my physician and my first meeting turn out great

Submitted June 14, 2012 | flag

We have been so lucky to have been under Dr. Telford's care. She has been so patient and kind throughout all of our interactions and she has really spent the time ensuring that we understand everything that is going on and what to expect in the future. A wonderful physician!

Submitted Dec. 16, 2011 | flag

She is so kind and attentive. She is also very knowledgeable, quickly narrowing down my symptoms and giving me short term recommendations to feel better.

Submitted Dec. 12, 2011 | flag

I've been a patient of Dr. Telford's for a number of years. I was pleased with her knowledge and helpfulness for the first couple of years, but am disappointed by her lack of attentiveness as of late. I have been having negative and potentially serious side effects from some strong medication she put be on about a month ago, and called her a week ago to make an appointment or have her call me to discuss whether I should taper off the drug or not. I have called every day for the past week, and the receptionist tells me that she will remind Dr. Telford about my message again. Yet I still have not received a phone call from her, and the receptionist told me that I cannot book an appointment with Dr. Telford without speaking with her first. I am dismayed by Dr. Telford's lack of care and responsibility toward a potentially serious side effect.

Submitted March 16, 2011 | flag

Dr Telford is an amazing Doctor. She is very friendly, caring and goes the extra mile. An ultra sound in January 2010 showed a growth in my husband’s pancreas. Dr Telford performed an endoscopy and was not happy with the results of the needle biopsy. Hence, she performed another endoscopy and took several more needle biopsies which all came up with the same result. As they were unable to still identify the growth she had to finally send him to a surgeon re an open biopsy. Thanks to Dr Telford, an open biopsy was done and was confirmed that the growth is malignant. She is the best Gastroenterologist and genuinely cares for her patients.

Submitted Nov. 2, 2010 | flag

Dr. Telford performed a biopsy with the results offered by her as "probably malignant". We automatically assumed she would redo the biopsy to support the diagnosis of pancreatic cancer. She refused, saying she was sure enough in her own mind. Found her to be very arrogant. Ended up going to Virginia Mason who were disgusted with the biopsy results from her. We had to pay $5,000.00 to have them redone but at least we had no doubt and the BC Cancer Clinic had no doubt what I had to be treated for.

Submitted Oct. 2, 2010 | flag