Rate Dr. Chuck Maxner

Dr. Chuck Maxner's Ratings

I have been a patient of Dr. Manner for about 12 years and he has been wonderful. I still see him 2 times a year just as a precaution.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1056926].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2014

I have Pseudo Tumour Cerebri and have been a patient of Dr. Maxner's for 14 years. He diagnosed my symptoms almost immediately. Ran all the necessary procedures & tests. He is a "Dream" Doctor! Extremely kind, professional, takes time to explain everything right out - leaves no questions or options unanswered! Always goes the extra mile to help you and see you on an "as needed" basis. ALL Doctors should learn from him - he should be their mentor and role model. He is the most wonderful doctor that I have ever encountered. I truly appreciate his wisdom and medical expertise - we are very fortunate to have him here in Halifax.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1056925].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2012

I am originally from Ontario and moved to Nova Scotia last year. I have been having several problems before I moved here and was dismissed and wrongfully diagnosed by many doctors. I was referred to Dr. Maxner by my family doctor (who is also awesome) and he was fantastic! I cried at the end of our meeting because for years when I was telling doctors and neurologists that I cannot see because of a optic neuritis attack, Dr. Maxner confirmed the attack within 30 minutes. He now has me going through series of tests I would never had if I was not referred to him. I am very grateful to have him as my doctor. He educated me on a lot of things and listened to what I had to say. I didn't feel rushed or ignored. He made me feel comfortable and I highly recommend people to see him. Thanks Dr. Maxner if you ever read this! :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1056924].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr Max for 10+ years now. He is a part of my life and a real inspiration for other doctors!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1056923].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2011

There are not enough ways to show how brilliant, competent and reassuring this man is. The minute you see him, you know everything will be ok. I saw him when hospitalized for a severe adverse drug reaction, and I will never be able to express how much he changed my life. He embodies the true meaning of a wonderful physician!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1056922].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2009

We first met Dr Maxner when my wife was admitted to Hospital with Neurological symptoms that other doctors in the system, at the General emergency room had dismissed. They discharged my wife saying that she would work through the system eventualy. Dr Maxner is an excellent teacher and took the time to explain everything to his students and us. He has fast tracked my wife through the system and confirmed CIS. He has offered us an oportunity to partake in a Clinical Trial with no pressure only time to digest and decide. If you are cursed with such a disease you can only Pray you are Blessed with the CARE of such a wonderful caring man that has such a wealth of knowledge.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1056921].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2009

Dr. Maxner is very polite and professional. He never rushes through your appointment and always fully explains everything.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1056920].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2009

I see Dr. Maxner for MS. He has always been professional and kind. He has never "brushed me off" I always have felt that I had enough time with him. He always answers my questions. He seems to be excellent with his Residents. He has a good sense of humour. As someone with MS I am used to being treated as a lost cause. Dr Maxner has always treated me with respect and not pity. He's also not bad on the eyes;)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1056919].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 14, 2007

I have recently had the good fortune of being refered to Dr. Maxner, he is certainly an asset to his feild of medicine. Dr. Maxner is not only very knowledgeable he is also one of the kindest Doctor's I have ever met.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1056918].votes_count ]]