Rate Dr. Paul Swingle

Dr. Paul Swingle's Ratings

I would like to invite Dr. Swingle's staff to list the places that show Dr. Swingle and his methods to be scientifically proven to be effective. None of the articles written by him are published. Thank you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2647652].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2014

My significant other had a traumatic brain injury, after a MVA, where her chev Silverado was thrown forty feet and turned 180 degrees. Her head took out the window. She saw dr. Swingle, and was treated by Michael Mariano to manage her tech appointments. She had thirty treatments, and because we travelled for this care it was over 11 thousand dollars out of pocket. ICBC, does not pay for this treatment. The neurologists seem frightened by it. Non-medical management. The lawyers also try to discredit Dr. Swingle. but.. what price is your health. I got my wife back. She was literally stunned, and for the better part of a year was non-functioning. Thank-you...Dr. Swingle. It would be nice to have the case references where you appeared in court. I am sure you did as an expert witness, but apparently they can't find you. in any event. You would take your significant other on a vacation for this money. So, go next year. Get healthy!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2638341].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 1, 2014

Dr. Swingle and, particularly, Michael Mariano, one of his team, have been invaluable to us and our son. He was diagnosed with ASD when he was 9 and we found Dr. Swingle when our son was 10. It was like our son was gradually awakening to the subtleties of life around him. We live about two hours drive away, so we didn't go every week, but I would say that we noticed a difference within weeks and a complete change in his abilities in school within months i.e. attention, handwriting, motivation, etc. Since the treatments are non invasive and don't involve medication, and the my son didn't mind going at all, why not give the clinic a try? You can really only gain in brain function and that's hard to put a price on. Our son is 18 now and learning to drive, graduating from high school in a regular distance ed program and probably couldn't get an ASD diagnosis today from an expert.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2576088].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2014

Dr. Paul Swingle's response
Thank you for your rating! Our mission is to provide the best client care we can. We are grateful to hear we were able to help your son. Congratulations on his graduation! Please do not hesitate to contact us should there be anything we can do for you or your family.

Submitted Oct. 23, 2014

the site claims to provide two different treatments yet they refuse to answer my simple question regarding the differences. seems very shady.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2569925].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 8, 2014

Dr. Paul Swingle's response
Hello, I am very sorry to hear you did not receive a satisfactory answer. I would love to personally answer your question. I am the Operations Manager and you can reach me at angie@swingleclinic.com or at 604.608.0444

Submitted Oct. 23, 2014

Wonderful improvement in my 8 year old son. Academic levels up greatly, teacher is pleased with behaviour, needs to reduce stress and anxieties but has made great progress. Very pleased with the results. Staff seems professional. ,

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1058533].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 18, 2013

Dr. Paul Swingle's response
Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear we were able to help your son improve his academic levels.

Submitted Oct. 23, 2014

It seems to be one of those modalities that work for some but not for others. I went there to deal with anxiety issues. Reception staff was hit and miss for friendliness and efficiency. Multiple billing errors. The psychologist I saw used a lot of EMDR (waving hands in front of eyes while you recall memories) again, very hit and miss. Much of the follow up research on this mode of therapy (EMDR) has not been overly promising. There are common brain EEG patterns for depression anxiety OCD etc and they try to repattern using computer software playing audio through headphones. Software at Swingle Clinic is VERY old and computers look like they were made in 1995. Went to Valentus Clinic in Victoria and had much better result - better receptionists, up to date psychologist and new computers and software. If I had a choice I would go with the newer technology, no question. Valentus is not available in Vancouver as yet as far as I know. I know that the Swingle office did little for me...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1058532].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 28, 2013

Paul Swingle and his team are worth every penny, my memory was going, and it is now fully restored ( I am aged over 65)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1058531].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 24, 2013

I'm surprised to read the comments that the treatments and assessment are not scientifically proven. To understand what is done during the therapy one has to be highly educated and intelligent person. If you don't understand it or even if it didn't help you in particular do not underestimate professionalism of the clinic. Dr. Swingle and his methods are accepted in academic society and it is based on scientific research. As for my own experience we had great help with our son who had been diagnosed with ADHD. The assessment was beyond any expectations, 100% accuracy. Therapy results were surprising even more - we, our friends, our son himself and teachers started to see a big difference after 3(!) treatments. Yes,it might be considered not cheap, but it worth every spent dollar. About reassessment in 5-6 weeks as someone wrote earlier - it does make sense that it requires some time to train the brain and I'm not aware of many nonmed treatments that can be done faster.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1058530].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 8, 2013

Treatment has been very helpful for my daughter who was diagnosed ADHD and struggled with anxiety. 4 years ago her teacher didn't want her in the classroom anymore unless she was medicated. After initial 10 treatments with Swingle, the teacher said "your daughter is a different person, whatever you are doing it's working, keep it up" I didn't need her confirmation, we already knew. We have gone back once a year for 4-5 sessions to help when anxiety creeps up and it is always a huge help. My guess is that it works for some people and not others, the same way various anti depressants do and do not work for different people. Given the option of Ritalin, it was worth it to try Dr. Swingle first. His staff are very knowledgeable and have goen above and beyond money grabbing treatment for our family.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1058529].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 24, 2011

I personally found my sessions with Dr. Swingle to be very effective and, as a health care practitioner myself, I am confident in the scientific soundness of his approach. I am a happier and more productive person as a result. My daughter, who had sensory integration dysfunction, has also benefited greatly from seeing him. Dr. Swingle was Head of Neuropsychology and Neurophysiology at McLean Hospital in Boston for many years and he knows his stuff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1058528].votes_count ]]