Dr. Paul Swingle

Rate Dr. Paul Swingle

Dr. Paul Swingle's Ratings

Wonderful improvement in my 8 year old son. Academic levels up greatly, teacher is pleased with behaviour, needs to reduce stress and anxieties but has made great progress. Very pleased with the results. Staff seems professional. ,

Submitted Dec. 18, 2013 | flag

It seems to be one of those modalities that work for some but not for others. I went there to deal with anxiety issues. Reception staff was hit and miss for friendliness and efficiency. Multiple billing errors. The psychologist I saw used a lot of EMDR (waving hands in front of eyes while you recall memories) again, very hit and miss. Much of the follow up research on this mode of therapy (EMDR) has not been overly promising. There are common brain EEG patterns for depression anxiety OCD etc and they try to repattern using computer software playing audio through headphones. Software at Swingle Clinic is VERY old and computers look like they were made in 1995. Went to Valentus Clinic in Victoria and had much better result - better receptionists, up to date psychologist and new computers and software. If I had a choice I would go with the newer technology, no question. Valentus is not available in Vancouver as yet as far as I know. I know that the Swingle office did little for me...

Submitted July 28, 2013 | flag

Paul Swingle and his team are worth every penny, my memory was going, and it is now fully restored ( I am aged over 65)

Submitted May 24, 2013 | flag

I'm surprised to read the comments that the treatments and assessment are not scientifically proven. To understand what is done during the therapy one has to be highly educated and intelligent person. If you don't understand it or even if it didn't help you in particular do not underestimate professionalism of the clinic. Dr. Swingle and his methods are accepted in academic society and it is based on scientific research. As for my own experience we had great help with our son who had been diagnosed with ADHD. The assessment was beyond any expectations, 100% accuracy. Therapy results were surprising even more - we, our friends, our son himself and teachers started to see a big difference after 3(!) treatments. Yes,it might be considered not cheap, but it worth every spent dollar. About reassessment in 5-6 weeks as someone wrote earlier - it does make sense that it requires some time to train the brain and I'm not aware of many nonmed treatments that can be done faster.

Submitted March 8, 2013 | flag

Treatment has been very helpful for my daughter who was diagnosed ADHD and struggled with anxiety. 4 years ago her teacher didn't want her in the classroom anymore unless she was medicated. After initial 10 treatments with Swingle, the teacher said "your daughter is a different person, whatever you are doing it's working, keep it up" I didn't need her confirmation, we already knew. We have gone back once a year for 4-5 sessions to help when anxiety creeps up and it is always a huge help. My guess is that it works for some people and not others, the same way various anti depressants do and do not work for different people. Given the option of Ritalin, it was worth it to try Dr. Swingle first. His staff are very knowledgeable and have goen above and beyond money grabbing treatment for our family.

Submitted Nov. 24, 2011 | flag

I personally found my sessions with Dr. Swingle to be very effective and, as a health care practitioner myself, I am confident in the scientific soundness of his approach. I am a happier and more productive person as a result. My daughter, who had sensory integration dysfunction, has also benefited greatly from seeing him. Dr. Swingle was Head of Neuropsychology and Neurophysiology at McLean Hospital in Boston for many years and he knows his stuff.

Submitted Oct. 12, 2011 | flag

I was referred there after living with a brain injury for 6 months that had broken me, destroyed my business and was tearing my family apart. Within 3 sessions the violent rages that had become common were gone. After 17 sessions I walked out mostly back to normal, and in some aspects better than normal. I responded very well to the treatments. Some do, some don't. Regardless of whether or not it works it is more than worth the price if it works, life is better every day. There is no price that I can ascribe to that.

Submitted Oct. 3, 2011 | flag

It's sad to read that people are expecting instant results. This is people look for meds for their life's problems. As far as no scientific basis for treatments in Dr. Swingle's clinic, that's false. Haters should stop posting false and misleading information.

Submitted Sept. 15, 2011 | flag

the treatment has effected my over health and there does not seem to be any guidance on how to handle these emerging issues. Not very sure about this type of treatment and if it will be effective long term.

Submitted May 14, 2011 | flag

initial appointment was exactly word for word, right out of his book. strange. after a bunch of sessions there comes time for a progress update appointment. when it came time for a progress update appointment i was put off for 6 weeks. progress update has to wait 6 weeks? unacceptable for the fee that was already paid! i got the feeling of being on the wrong end of a cash grab.

Submitted April 27, 2011 | flag