Dr. Grant W. Uba

Grad. Year: 1987

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 12 reviews. Dr. Grant W. Uba has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5353746
17/04/14 5 5 5 5 Great staff as always. There was no wait time and Dr Uba was very through with all my questions.
Insurance: Aetna
Paid (or co-pay): $50
Respond

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.5

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Grant" to "Grant W."
RID: 2286783
23/06/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Uba is awesome, a truly rare breed.....he cares. I have gone to Dr. Uba for over 10 years now and I feel so blessed. He listens extremely well. You never feel rushed. He's intelligent and gives you the security one hopes to find in a doctor....trust. I have to believe that his core being was instilled by good parents.....a true testimony to their love. Thank you Dr. Uba.
RID: 1679573
07/01/12 5 5 5 5 I have been Dr. Uba's patient for many years. I first worked with him as a medical social worker at Long Beach Memorial Medical Center as he was completing his residency. When I needed to change MDs around 2003, I sought him out. He has been one of my three best primary care physicians ever (66 years).
RID: 1546606
26/09/11 5 5 5 5 Amazing Doctor, cares very deeply for his patients health and well being.Compassion and considerate.The best!
Insurance: HealthPartners
Paid (or co-pay): $10
RID: 1336224
14/01/11 5 5 5 5 Dr Uba has been our family's doctor for a long time. He helped get my husband through cancer while we had HMO insurance. He made sure we always got the treatments we needed and got to the specialists quickly. He has a wonderful bedside manner and cares about the family.
Insurance: CIGNA
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 1251261
15/09/10 5 5 5 5 Dr Uba is the rare kind of doctor who truly cares about his patients. He has called me evenings and weekends to follow up on problems and tests. I worked with him as an intern and one of the things that made me want to use him as my physician was his knowledge and the way he treated the people who work with him. I have been going to him for about 20 years now and he has not suffered from burnout as some doctors do. No matter what you are seeing him for he is always thorough and checks out all other aspects, not just what you have come into the office for. I have never felt rushed and appointments are always punctual and quick. I would recommend him highly.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1227914
12/08/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Uba is everything you ever wished for in a primary care physician. He's caring, compassionate and completely authentic. You get the sense that you are his #1 priority even though his patient load is quite enormous. He calls to check up and with test results. He's a rare commodity and a treasure in these days of mis-managed care.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 902750
02/06/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Uba has cared for 3 generations of our family. He is very smart, caring, and super professional. My son was 2 weeks old in the hospital with a life threatening high fever. He visited every morning at 6 am to see if we were okay even though a pediatric surgeon was on the case. He went above and beyond the call of duty because he cares. We almost changed the name of our son to Grant! You can't put a price on a Family Doctor that cares that much. His office is very professional, clean and organized. I've never waited more than 15 minutes for an appointment. I recommend Dr. Grant Uba to everyone.
RID: 632470
07/07/08 5 5 5 5 I have been a patient of Dr. Uba for many years. He always takes his time and is very caring. I never wait long for my appointments and would recommed Dr. Uba to anyone looking for a knowledgable, patient doctor.
RID: 594404
20/05/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Uba is excellent and we would highly recommend him. He is thorough and you never feel rushed. He is very personable and knowledgeable. He has cared for our entire family and always follows up promptly on any issue.
RID: 564263
12/04/08 5 5 5 5 We absolutely love Dr. Uba.... He cares for our entire family, which would include myself, my husband, and our 2 children (ages 3 & 6). His father and uncle were both physicians and cared for our family 2 generations ago.
Insurance: Pacificare
RID: 362048
09/07/07 4 4 5 5 I started working with Dr. Uba when he was an intern. I could see that he was very thorough and knowledgable and treated all the hospital employees with respect. So when I need a family practice doctor I chose to go to him. Dr Uba is one of the most caring doctors I have dealt with. He never makes you feel hurried. He always returns phone calls personally. He has even called just to follow up and see how tests went even if at that point you have been referred to a specialist. I feel like he wants to get to know his patients and develop a long term relationship with you. I can't say enough good things about him.