You may also like

Rate Dr. Matthew Kilmurry

Dr. Matthew Kilmurry's Ratings

Dr. Matthew Kilmurry, Dr. Bogdan Paun, Dr. Michael Saunders are orchestrating a high tech lynching at the local hospitals encouraged Dr. Ashok Sharma. Dr. Sharma is the Chief of Staff at Grand River and St. Mary's Hospitals, Kitchener who has recently resigned in disgrace after misleading a patient's family (see: http://www.canlii.org/en/on/onhparb/doc/2014/2014canlii77324/2014canlii77324.html). These people have nothing better to do. Instead of trying to improve quality of care at the local hospitals, they are more concerned about bolstering their own egos and advancing their hidden agendas. They are wasting time and valuable resources including taxpayers money which could be better utilized for patient care.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2856386].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 4, 2015

I have had a loved one harmed by Dr. Kilmurry. I have not been “demoted or looked over for a position”. He operated on my husband when he had never done the operation before. He never told us he was inexperienced. My husband suffered a prolonged and painful death with one complication after another. I am being an advocate for the patients and their families. Nurses in the hospital have told me that he has many disasters. He has had people bleed to death in the OR when performing elective surgery. He has punctured the large bowel and lung when attempting to put a feeding tube into the stomach. He has many leaks and infections after surgery with patients who languish and suffer on the ward. He needs to ask himself why he has so many complications in the operating room and outside. He lacks insight. He does not realize that he is harming patients and that disclosure of his complications is required by law. He has poor outcomes and is a real risk to patients. He needs to be reported to the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario to assess his competency.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2856199].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 4, 2015

Dr. Kilmurry is arrogant and very rude. My daughter was admitted to Grand River Hospital in Kitchener. He saw her for 2 minutes and we were told there was nothing wrong with her. She became worse and had surgery perfumed by another doctor. Her appendices had burst. We were told this may affect her ability to have children in the future. When we complained to the hospital chief, Dr. Ashok Sharma we were given the run around. Apparently, Dr. sharma recently resigned from the hospitals in disgrace. Dr. Kilmurry did not even come and apologize. He must think he is better than others because he is also a chief at the hospitals. Before he starts suing others for liable, he should look at himself in the mirror. Maybe if he did sue, then the truth about him would come out.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2851183].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 28, 2015

Dr Kilmurry is an excellent, compassionate, conscientious and dedicated Surgeon. It seems clear that the person who has written the 2 below posts has a grudge to bear. Most likely they have been either demoted or looked over for a position and they feel the need to slander others for their own lack of skills. Shame on them if they do indeed work at the Hospital to take it upon themselves to slander a fine Surgeon and the Thoracic program in Kitchener. Please ignore these posts as they are full of untruths and Ratemd`s should really be pulling these down or risk a law-suit for libel.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2845360].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

I work at Grand River and St. Mary's Hospitals in Kitchener. Kilmurry is very dangerous. He has one of the highest complication rates for thoracic surgery in the province. Many patients bleeding and leaks. High death rate. Operates on patients for financial gain who do not even need surgery. Very clumsy in the OR and poor decison making. Would not recommend. Stay away from him. The whole program is weak. See lawsuit aginst the hospital on website: https://www.canlii.org/en/on/onsc/doc/2007/2007canlii23492/2007canlii23492.html?searchUrlHash=AAAAAQAHc2hhcmtleQAAAAAB&resultIndex=3

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2825822].votes_count ]]

Submitted June 2, 2015

Dr. Kilmurry saw me the day I had a potential complication from surgery...His staff is friendly, helpful and he is, without doubt, amazing

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2736658].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2015

I was diagnosed in October with lung cancer , Dr. Kilmurry acted quickly with setting up biopsies & pet scan to determine if this cancer had spread. Once all the test were performed he booked my surgery within a week.with great success. Dr. Kilmurry removed a tumor that was 3.7 cm in size and the top lobe of my lung on Dec. 1st and no treatments required. My recovery is a little slow as I have emphysema too but getting better each day. I want to send a special thank to Dr. Kilmurry for saving my life, you will always be my hero. Also thanks to his
assistant Joanne, always very friendly and helpful to me thru my journey. Barbara |Nemetchek

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2716798].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 10, 2015

I couldn't be happier with the results of the surgery Dr. Kilmurry performed. He is
a caring and very skilled doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2634509].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 27, 2014

Dr killmurray is everything you'd like from an efficient cost effective health care service. He disagreed with a diagnosis that took me months to get - and one that I've already been tested for . I respect that he runs a clean mean efficient machine but medicine is holistic. If you want to be treated like a car he's great person to be referred to. You are in and out but you'd better know your health

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2581625].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2014

Great Doctor very good surgeon very compassionate and Joanne is so kind and helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1058827].votes_count ]]