Rate Dr. Robert L. Bell

Dr. Robert L. Bell's Ratings

Ten years ago, when Dr. Bell was practicing at Yale, he performed a Lap RNY on me, and I am still successful today due to his consistent follow up. He is very much missed. The best doctor in bariatric surgery.

Submitted April 9, 2014 | flag

Seven years ago (7/21/04), I had a lap RNY with Dr. Bell. He has continually followed up with me. In fact, I have emailed him, and his response time was immediate. His bedside manner is EXCELLENT, his skill as a surgeon, is incredible. He gave me back my life! Anyone who has met him and been cared for by him can tell you he is "hands down" the best gastro doctor around. His staff is always very responsive and professional.

Submitted May 2, 2011 | flag

Submitted April 18, 2011 | flag

Very poor follow up, after the surgery, Dr Bell was NOT accessable, his entire team (after the surgery) tried to follow up in place of Dr to save him time, and he took 7 days to get back to me - His Operative Nurse, Jane is EXTREMELY nasty! Patient was placed back in hospital after surgery due to complications - Dr Bell said "these things happen" (when he finally returned the call) and basically the surgery itself was a success and the outcome whether good or bad has nothing to do with him or his work. So I am not sure how Dr Bell seems to have gotten any good ratings, when I wouldn't send my Dog to see him after witnessing his actions after surgery took place. EXTREME DISAPPOINTMENT - and no compassion toward the patient or quality of life after the surgery. My feelingt is that once he got paid, it was easy to walk away with no concern.

Submitted April 23, 2010 | flag

Had laparoscopic hernia surgery. Dr. Bell came highly reccomended and he is the best. My pleasure to reccomend him!

Submitted Dec. 17, 2009 | flag

A very informative and patient doctor who seemed genuinely interested in ensuring I was well informed about possibly having a surgical procedure.

Submitted March 4, 2009 | flag

I love this doctor. He prolonged my mom's life after another doctor botched her gastric bypass. I switched over to him for my own post op care and I wouldnt go to anyone else. I highly recommend him to anyone. Hes very personable, has a fantastic bedside manner and makes you very at ease when you speak with him.

Submitted March 29, 2008 | flag

Dr. Bell has unbelievable bedside manner. No matter how busy he is, you feel like you have his undivided attention and you are the only person he is interested in. He is very skilled, compassionate, knowledgable and caring.

Submitted Dec. 19, 2006 | flag

Dr. Bell is a bariatric surgeon specializing in laparscopic gastric bypass surgery. His knowledge in this area is very extensive. He is well versed and cares deeply for his patients. If you are considering gastric bypass surgery, make an appt. to see him. His office staff are extremely helpful and knowledgeable of all insurance types.

Submitted Aug. 16, 2005 | flag