Rate Dr. Jeff M. Melini

Dr. Jeff M. Melini's Ratings

DO NOT take your child to this dentist. This guy is not gentle. Extracted my son's tooth and did not numb the area sufficiently. I could hear my child yelling from the waiting room for me. My son has alot of issues with dental work and I had to ask about putting sealants on him. When I asked he the doc almost seemed surprised I was asking. I have a feeling they are only out for money. And my last visit, as I was in the waiting room, a nurse was out speaking to a mother of a little girl this guy scared at her last visit. The nurse was assuring the mom that she would stay in the room the entire time and help ease her daughters fear of the doctor and that the doctor is very good but his bluntness is just his nature. Well maybe he should not be treating children then! If you are looking for a great dentist, I really struggled finding a decent pediatric dentist and researched ALOT, and finally decided on Dr. Carolyn Loughlin in Exton, Healthy Young Smiles.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2440368].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 3, 2014

My 7 year old and I were welcomed very nicely from the front desk, until we experienced meeting Dr Melini. He was very rude and short temper when he talked to his staff. He was not patient with my son and seem botthered when I ask questions. On our second visit I was not allow to go in with my child and my son came out with a cut on his lower lip, done by "accident". My son told me he does not want to come back because Dr melini was rude at him. We will definately not coming back to that place.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2440367].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 28, 2014

The experience with Dr. Melini was the worst that we have ever encountered with a pediatric dentist. He was really obnoxious and rude because my son would not cooperate with getting xrays done. Dr. Melini yelled at my son and told him to get out of the chair because he could not get a good xray of the teeth in quesiton. he proceeded to yell at me and said that my son was being very difficult. He was definitely having some issues that day that had nothing to do with us and we were the 'lucky' patients to experience his frustrations of his work day. very unprofessional and poor bed side manner he continued by saying that everyone has good and bad days at work. very strange and unprofessional behaveor definitely would not recommend to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2440366].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 28, 2014

Worst experience ever at a pediatric dentist. No patience for children. Comes across as arrogant and abrasive. Has a limited skill set which narrows the patients options. Please get second opinions when dealing with this man. Overwhelming feeling that this dentist is only after your insurance dollars. Doesn't provide patient with all available options. Too eager to place many silver caps on kids teeth...some not necessary. Does not posess a good chair side manner. Solid white zirconia crowns are widely available for kids but he does not use them...staff and dentist use bully tactics for their recommendations and collection of payments...takes care of himself first then your child. Would never recommend to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1060352].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

Rip off and arrogant...no other words need to be said to describe this nightmare.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1060354].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 17, 2012

We were provided excellent service. Since switching to Dr. Melini, my children like going to the dentist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1060350].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 28, 2012

After one visit, I felt the motive of this office is to purely make money. I left pretty upset, feeling like I was pushed into his recommendations, which I'm uncertain are absolutely necessary. I had to pay for all services rendered (some done without asking) before even leaving the office, being told insurance would reimburse me later, maybe. The staff person who took my payment was short with me when my son was playing with his "prize" he got at the end of his visit. While it's important to appear like a relaxed, fun, atmosphere - I feel the games and tv's in each room were over-the-top. I would not recommend this office to anyone. One visit was enough and I was unfortunate to have been referred here.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1060351].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 12, 2012

I cannot praise Dr. Jeff enough. My son was terrified of going to the dentist. After having a horrible experience with another dentist a friend of mine recommended Dr Jeff. Well, the first visit went very well. My son was immediately comfortable with the doctor and his staff. When we left my son said to me "Mommy I love my new dentist." Dr. Jeff is very honest and caring. I highly recommend him and I wish I could go to him myself. Thank you Dr. Mellini and staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1060349].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2012

After visiting Dr. Melini's office and having the worse expierence ever. I would never recommened anyone go this office. My child will most likely be traumatized for a long time. Dr Melini was very rude to my child, I have never ment a man who had PMS until I ment this man.All I can say is if u want ur child to have a pleasnt expierence at the dentist being as thou it is something u have to do every six months for the rest of ur life. DO NOT TAKE UR CHILDREN TO DR. MELINI.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1060348].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 23, 2011

Dr. Melini is a good dentist as long as your child's teeth don't have any problems. My son has been having problems with cavities despite impeccable home care, and a strict diet. I knew something wasn't right but the only answer I ever got was "good home care, and watch his diet" He was not interested at all in trying to help us figure out what was wrong with his teeth. He also has no patience with crying children and was not kind to my son when he was afraid. To me his office is just a factory to collect an insurance check, he doesn't really want to get too involved. I found a great dentist who spends quality time with me and my son and is really interested in helping us figure out why my son's teeth are so weak. The first thing he is going to do is replace a filling that Dr. Melini put in! Luckily he's not going to charge me for it, but I'm still upset my son has to go through that twice just because Dr. "Jeff" didn't take the time to do it right in the first place.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1060353].votes_count ]]