Dr. Eric J. Messner

Grad. Year: 1993

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: Y
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 06/07/07    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 3 reviews. Dr. Eric J. Messner has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 2461523
30/10/12 5 3 5 5 I believe Dr. Messner is THE best doctor I have ever had. He is the first doctor to ever call me AFTER an appt a day or so afterwards to follow up on how I am feeling! I have had PPO and HMO's in my lifetime and not one single dr had ever called me. He is very thorough but that sometimes means he is NOT on time for his appts, he never rushes thru your appt. If you have questions he discusses and addresses each completely. AWESOME!!! :)
RID: 517345
18/02/08 5 5 5 5 I've had four very good primary physicians at Kaiser Santa Clara (they retire, moved, or resign to be with babies/young children), but Dr. Messner is probably the best yet. He listens, is thoughtful and thorough in his analysis, is very knowledgeable, prescribes intelligently, and points you to the right specialist or other staff (such as physical therapy) as needed. He doesn't nag but does encourage me towards appropriate living modalities for better health. I am definitely in better health because of him.
RID: 360792
06/07/07 5 5 5 5 When I chose Dr. Messner among the available internal medicine doctors it was only because we went to the same undergraduate school (different majors). Dr. Messner is thorough and practical. In the Kaiser system he is not limited to having to justify test costs or prices - he makes the final decision. He also gets enough data to rule out all reasonable causes and considers your long term living his priority. Finally he is very computer literate and uses the computer as a tool to answer emails from patients, send prescription refills, and ammend your record. He also speeds up office visits by telling the pharmacy to have your prescription waiting when you get there electronically so you don't have to wait to have it filled. That's a deluxe service in the Kaiser computer which he has mastered.
Paid (or co-pay): $25