You may also like

Rate Dr. Kevin Maggs

Dr. Kevin Maggs's Ratings

I came to Dr. Maggs in hopes of seeing if he could use ART to figure out why I had been suffering with sharp stabbing pains in the sciatic area. After he supposedly looked at me he diagnosed that I had a torn labrum. He referred me to Dr. Andrew Parker who he knew and who coincidentally confirmed the same thing. I had arthroscopic surgery and I'm still in the same pain. Maggs then went on to say that I had to go to him weekly to help. Basically, these two supposed medical professionals just pocketed money for their own selfish gains. How they can live with themselves I will never know. I should have run for the hills because Maggs complained about people not sticking with him. They probably had better sensors than I on a scam. Unless you are a high profile athlete, Maggs won't help you. It's not in HIS best interests but to line his pockets and those of his friends. I was seen after this failed surgery by another doctor who confirmed that many people have torn labrums and live fine without surgery. And to reiterate, I'm still suffering with the same pain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2839246].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

Nothing but great things to say about Dr. Maggs. He is an endurance athlete himself, so he understands the rigors of training and how important it is to get healthy when injuries happen. At the same time, he will not hesitate to take a conservative approach to rehab when rushing can make the injury more severe. I know dozens of area runners/triathletes who swear by Maggs!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1060460].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2010

Dr. Maggs understands the importance of competition. I had a doctor tell me once that I wasn't going to win the race so what was the big deal. Dr. Magg's goal is to quickly relieve the problem and get you back to your sport. He's an amazing doctor with a great sense of humor. I recommend him to all my running friends.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1060459].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2010

I had iliotibial band pain when running - wouldn't go away. I have seen a few doctors about this, but Dr. Maggs wathced me run and figured out why it was hurting. I've been doing the exercises he gave me and now I'm running with no more knee pain. Good stuff!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1060458].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2009

Dr. Maggs uses ART (Active Release Technique), this has been a monumental life saver for me. Not the typical chiropractor! All migraines have stopped. He is very knowledgeable and personable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1060457].votes_count ]]