Rate Dr. T. SCOTT Royster

Dr. T. SCOTT Royster's Ratings

Submitted Aug. 19, 2014 | flag

Very good Doctor, but hard to get appointment and someone on the phone. Staff can be rude and does not call back quickly (sometimes not even same day). The staff also requires you to pay a co-pay when you do not have one.

Submitted Jan. 9, 2012 | flag

I am going to go to another doctor. The staff is rude and arrogant. They don't treat you well. I stuck with these folks for over 10 years, but after my visit and ill treatment by the front office in Sep 2011, I won't go back. I have very good insurance, and I always pay anything and everything without question. But they charged me twice on the same day, and some outlandish things like 100 bucks for pulling a file out of a cabinet. I am most disappointed and alas, now looking for a quality family health care office.

Submitted Sept. 30, 2011 | flag

I have never had a problem with Dr. Royster-wonderful, compassionate man. I think we could all find things wrong with a doctor. I think it boils down to how comfortable and honest one is with their doctor. A doctor cannot help if you don't tell him/her your problems.

Submitted Sept. 14, 2011 | flag

works with you on any problem trys very hard to get to the bottom and get results goes the extra mile listens well to you and gives detailed answers.

Submitted Sept. 8, 2011 | flag

I'm changing family practice docs. Can't get in to see this one; pharmaceutical reps seem to get appointments faster than I can. Called with a heart issue: three weeks to work me in. Doc-in-the-box took me that same day.

Submitted June 6, 2011 | flag

I can attest that I know nothing of his ex-wife as one commenter queried. We chose Dr. Royster b/c a friend of ours was in medical school here and recommended him. I also was in pharmaceutical sales for 10 years and know my fair share of physicians/practices. Nice guy, but more of a quick visit for common cold stuff...I do not believe he is thorough and get the feeling he gets annoyed by patients who come back. I took a tough fall off my horse and called b/c I knew I would be hurting the next day, I could not be seen, had to go to a walk in clinic...so why do I have a family doctor if he can only see you when you don't need him.

Submitted Feb. 9, 2011 | flag

Dr. Royster is a great person and very nice. He is a great doctor for things like cold but not anything serious. I went in with a swollen throat and he told me it was tonsilitis. Since I just got over the same thing he told me to get some immune boosters. My mom-in-law is a dr and one look she knew I had thyroiditis. A severely swollen thyroid and my body was attacking itself. So taking immune boosters was the worse thing I could have done. I went to him for years with the symptoms of hypothyroidism and he never found it.

Submitted Aug. 16, 2010 | flag

Dr Royster has always been prompt, helpful and courteous to me. He is open to alternative medicines and ideas. I believe a patient should come informed and with as much information on your condition and symptoms. With the internet and search options you should be able to do this. Being a senior citizen I have had lots of doctors and I have never had one I respected more than Dr. Royster. I do not accept his recommendations blindly. You should always check medication information and medical diagnoses through alternative sources.

Submitted May 6, 2010 | flag

I have to say me and my family have been patients of Dr. Royster since he first came to town in 1989. I work for Intergraph Corp. as do many of his patients. He is the most compassionate human being we have ever met and his staff is always polite and respectful. Dr. Royster and his staff prayed with me and my family during a family members difficult diagnosis. That spoke volumes to my children who were in attendance of the "bad news". His actions that day inspired my son to become a physician, who is now in his first year of residency. As I read a comment or 2 of disapproval, I can't help wonder if it his "ex-wife" making these negative comments...? The ex-wife who is on her 3rd marriage and who is also a family prac. doc in Madison. And if you have been a resident of Madison for any length of time, In most social and Christian circles, you hear nothing of compassion and love about this wonderful man.

Submitted Jan. 31, 2010 | flag