Rate Dr. T. SCOTT Royster

Dr. T. SCOTT Royster's Ratings

Really don’t want to blame the good reviewers below and i don’t usually write review but in this case i was totally disappointed in this person. I had a good Family physician but due to distance i want to change and i got my first appointment with him.
1) The office is neat but record maintenance or other thing, still they are stuck in 1980
2) Front staffs really don’t have much knowledge on the current insurance trends/rude/just trying to please their doctor where he has to move and sit etc.
3) Coming to the doctor. Wow ! i expected a good knowledge and explain things to my problem. All he did is write (record in 1980 style) about my issues on a paper and just said will get an appointment to the specialist, and asked any other issues ? Kidding me? - I can ask my friend to write that notes why a doctor ?
4) He may be good for general fever and cold but sure not more than that.
5) The fun part is his insurance claim, he is 2-3 times more than any best doctor charges (even more than specialist).Spoke to my insurance and even they were surprised on his charges but they said the code he claimed is what make the difference. Wondering taking notes can cost so much ?
I am glad i dint transfer my record from my previous physician (he is best doctor and I am glad dint loose him for distance)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2647368].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2014

To the negative's Dr. Royster is a doctor not God! I have been seeing him for years and have never had a problem getting an appointment, What I like most about him is he takes the time to listen to what you are saying and has never had a problem sending me to a specialist when he felt it was needed, so many doctors will try to treat it there self. He is a very compassionate doctor! I have never had a problem with any of his staff as a matter of fact this is unusual , my husband see's many doctors and as a rule there is always on rude person, but I have not found this at Dr Roysters office. The greatest quality a doctor can have is listening to a patient and not hesitating to send them to a specialist when he or she feels it necessary. Dr. Royster has both ! I would recommend him to any one and trust him with anyone in my family. Thanks Dr. Royster and Staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2533055].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2504881].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2014

Very good Doctor, but hard to get appointment and someone on the phone. Staff can be rude and does not call back quickly (sometimes not even same day). The staff also requires you to pay a co-pay when you do not have one.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1061514].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2012

I am going to go to another doctor. The staff is rude and arrogant. They don't treat you well. I stuck with these folks for over 10 years, but after my visit and ill treatment by the front office in Sep 2011, I won't go back. I have very good insurance, and I always pay anything and everything without question. But they charged me twice on the same day, and some outlandish things like 100 bucks for pulling a file out of a cabinet. I am most disappointed and alas, now looking for a quality family health care office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1061513].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 30, 2011

I have never had a problem with Dr. Royster-wonderful, compassionate man. I think we could all find things wrong with a doctor. I think it boils down to how comfortable and honest one is with their doctor. A doctor cannot help if you don't tell him/her your problems.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1061512].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 14, 2011

works with you on any problem trys very hard to get to the bottom and get results goes the extra mile listens well to you and gives detailed answers.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1061511].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2011

I'm changing family practice docs. Can't get in to see this one; pharmaceutical reps seem to get appointments faster than I can. Called with a heart issue: three weeks to work me in. Doc-in-the-box took me that same day.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1061510].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 6, 2011

I can attest that I know nothing of his ex-wife as one commenter queried. We chose Dr. Royster b/c a friend of ours was in medical school here and recommended him. I also was in pharmaceutical sales for 10 years and know my fair share of physicians/practices. Nice guy, but more of a quick visit for common cold stuff...I do not believe he is thorough and get the feeling he gets annoyed by patients who come back. I took a tough fall off my horse and called b/c I knew I would be hurting the next day, I could not be seen, had to go to a walk in clinic...so why do I have a family doctor if he can only see you when you don't need him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1061509].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 9, 2011

Dr. Royster is a great person and very nice. He is a great doctor for things like cold but not anything serious. I went in with a swollen throat and he told me it was tonsilitis. Since I just got over the same thing he told me to get some immune boosters. My mom-in-law is a dr and one look she knew I had thyroiditis. A severely swollen thyroid and my body was attacking itself. So taking immune boosters was the worse thing I could have done. I went to him for years with the symptoms of hypothyroidism and he never found it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1061508].votes_count ]]