Rate Dr. Stephen W Welden

Dr. Stephen W Welden's Ratings

Not sure what happened to the previous staff but Dr. Welden should try and get them back! The two that are there now are awful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2807869].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

Very knowledgeable, kind and soft-spoken. Explained in detail all about my concerns and made me feel much much better.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2759879].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

I have a 4 year old son I conceived with IVF at Dr Weldens practice. He is a wonderful, kind, compassionate , smart physician and I would recommend ANYONE with fertility issues to see him. He listened to me and partnered with a recurrent loss specialist over the phone that I asked him to work with. He is not an egomaniac and he is incredibly reasonable. If I were younger I'd have 2 more with his office. My IVF nurse Pam, was fantastic. Highly recommend Dr. Welden. I experienced a man who truly loves what he does and does his work with passion and for that love, not the money. He is a God send.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2756025].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

The most unprofessional, terrible experience I've ever had with a doctor. I felt so uncomfortable with my exam, that I left the office in tears afterwards. Dr. Welden was recommended by a co-worker, and given the sensitive nature of my medical issues, I was expecting so much more. Would not recommend to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2732974].votes_count ]]

Submitted Feb. 24, 2015

Dr. Stephen Welden is the best Doctor I have ever met. His professionalism, and knowledge, compassion and caring for his patients allow me to highly recommend him. I would'nt go to any other Gynecologyst while he is practicing in the medical field

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2643683].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2014

Dr. Welden is incredibly kind and compassionate and has great bedside manner. Jamie, his nurse, is a God-send. She is equally as compassionate, has a sense of humor, and makes it a point to get to know her patients on somewhat of a personal level so as not to dread coming as frequently as IF patients need to. The desk/admin staff could really use a crash course in interactions with patients; i.e. return phone calls, follow through on insurance authorizations, call patient with schedule changes, be patient and don't be condescending (AKA, add some humanity to the experience). It's a good thing Dr. Welden and Jamie are as wonderful as they are to balance out the negative experience offered by the front half of the office, otherwise some would likely not return.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2545385].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2014

Went to the Florida Fertility Clinic earlier. Nurse practitioner probed me painfully and stuck me with a fat bill for nurse's consult. Was unsuccessful and told to return the following week which I refused. Went to Dr Welden instead and he saved my life. Found out that I had ovarian cancer. Dr Welden arranged for me to see an oncologist while I was out of the country. Returned and went straight to the oncologist. Dr Welden's diagnosis was right on the money. Because of his experience and skill he was able to detect it right away while the Florida Fertility was not able to do so. Per Dr Welden my pelvic mass was so tender and big there was no way that I could be probed. He immediately took a biopsy with no pain at all and right away detected the cancer. Because it was detected in the early stage I am now in good care. I thank him for saving my life. Great doctor, great staff. No complaints. Would highly recommend anyone needing a gynaecologist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2440450].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 29, 2014

Dr. Welden and his staff are AMAZING! My first consultation with Dr.Welden went way past the amount of time it was supposed to and I had no clue, because I had so much fun talking with him and learning from him. He truly is excellent about educating his patients before proceeding with anything, which made me feel very knowledgeable and comfortable. I went to him after seeing two other doctors in Tampa and knew the minute I made my appointment with him, we were in great hands. His staff is absolutely WONDERFUL! I especially loved Tana, she was always so friendly and made me laugh. With Dr. Welden & his staffs help, we got pregnant on his first attempt at helping us, and I am so grateful for them giving us this gift! Once our twins are born, I will be returning to Dr. Welden to all my gynecological needs (as he only does fertility & GYN, not OB). I hope he is practices for many more years because we are so lucky to have him here in Tampa and I would highly recommend him to anyone!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2440449].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 19, 2014

I was very impressed with Dr. Weldons knowledge and I know one day with his help along with Nurse Jamie's help I will be able to enjoy giving life to a new child. But please if the Dr. could do something with the front half of the house. Omg how rude can the girl up front named Tana be, I think she needs to attend class on how to treat the patients a little better. If there was a way when I go to my next appointment I could not see her at the front desk shoving food into her mouth it would be so much nicer of a visit. Thank you again Dr. Weldon and Nurse Jamie.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2440448].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

I absolutely LOVE Dr. Welden!! His staff was great and he was even better! He spent 45+ minutes in his office with me before examining me, then did a thorough exam and then spent another 15 minutes answering my questions and coming up with a plan of care for me! Infertility is not an easy thing to go through, but his bedside manner and overall caring made the beginning of my long journey a lot easier and less stressful! Could not have asked for a better or more caring dr!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1061899].votes_count ]]