Rate Dr. Stephen W Welden

Dr. Stephen W Welden's Ratings

Dr. Welden is incredibly kind and compassionate and has great bedside manner. Jamie, his nurse, is a God-send. She is equally as compassionate, has a sense of humor, and makes it a point to get to know her patients on somewhat of a personal level so as not to dread coming as frequently as IF patients need to. The desk/admin staff could really use a crash course in interactions with patients; i.e. return phone calls, follow through on insurance authorizations, call patient with schedule changes, be patient and don't be condescending (AKA, add some humanity to the experience). It's a good thing Dr. Welden and Jamie are as wonderful as they are to balance out the negative experience offered by the front half of the office, otherwise some would likely not return.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2545385].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2014

Went to the Florida Fertility Clinic earlier. Nurse practitioner probed me painfully and stuck me with a fat bill for nurse's consult. Was unsuccessful and told to return the following week which I refused. Went to Dr Welden instead and he saved my life. Found out that I had ovarian cancer. Dr Welden arranged for me to see an oncologist while I was out of the country. Returned and went straight to the oncologist. Dr Welden's diagnosis was right on the money. Because of his experience and skill he was able to detect it right away while the Florida Fertility was not able to do so. Per Dr Welden my pelvic mass was so tender and big there was no way that I could be probed. He immediately took a biopsy with no pain at all and right away detected the cancer. Because it was detected in the early stage I am now in good care. I thank him for saving my life. Great doctor, great staff. No complaints. Would highly recommend anyone needing a gynaecologist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2440450].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 29, 2014

Dr. Welden and his staff are AMAZING! My first consultation with Dr.Welden went way past the amount of time it was supposed to and I had no clue, because I had so much fun talking with him and learning from him. He truly is excellent about educating his patients before proceeding with anything, which made me feel very knowledgeable and comfortable. I went to him after seeing two other doctors in Tampa and knew the minute I made my appointment with him, we were in great hands. His staff is absolutely WONDERFUL! I especially loved Tana, she was always so friendly and made me laugh. With Dr. Welden & his staffs help, we got pregnant on his first attempt at helping us, and I am so grateful for them giving us this gift! Once our twins are born, I will be returning to Dr. Welden to all my gynecological needs (as he only does fertility & GYN, not OB). I hope he is practices for many more years because we are so lucky to have him here in Tampa and I would highly recommend him to anyone!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2440449].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 19, 2014

I was very impressed with Dr. Weldons knowledge and I know one day with his help along with Nurse Jamie's help I will be able to enjoy giving life to a new child. But please if the Dr. could do something with the front half of the house. Omg how rude can the girl up front named Tana be, I think she needs to attend class on how to treat the patients a little better. If there was a way when I go to my next appointment I could not see her at the front desk shoving food into her mouth it would be so much nicer of a visit. Thank you again Dr. Weldon and Nurse Jamie.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2440448].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

I absolutely LOVE Dr. Welden!! His staff was great and he was even better! He spent 45+ minutes in his office with me before examining me, then did a thorough exam and then spent another 15 minutes answering my questions and coming up with a plan of care for me! Infertility is not an easy thing to go through, but his bedside manner and overall caring made the beginning of my long journey a lot easier and less stressful! Could not have asked for a better or more caring dr!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1061899].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 8, 2014

The office staff mentioned in the below comment has been resolved. The entire staff is helpful, personable, attentive and overall caring. If only all healthcare providers were as great as Dr. Welden we would have the best health care system in the world. He takes his time, answers all questions and is a genuine good hearted person. I would recommend his practice to anyone facing infertility. I have to been to the big name IVF clinics in the area and no one could beat Dr.Welden's level of care for his patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1061898].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2013

Waited 45 minutes and finally saw Dr. He was wonderful. Open to out of the box treatments. However, after I left office, I never heard from anyone on next steps. Called numerous times over the course of a couple of months but no one ever returned calls. Front desk full of attitude! He might be nice but not worth the frustration of dealing with his unprofessional staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1061897].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2013

Dr. Welden is the best infertility specialist in the entire Tampa Bay area, if you are looking into infertility treatiments, take my advice (i have seen the USF infertility and the reproductive medicine group) nobody compares to dr. Welden! I think it would take me hours to write here how wonderful he is, when all the groups around are all about money dr. Welden is there for the patient, I wish I knew about him from the very begining and not waisted so much time and money at those other places. When I was doing an IUI procedure and was ovulating on the weekend, he came to the office both saturday and sunday just for me! Another thing that other places around dont do is, whenever we did a procedure like IUI (and we had 3 done at the rep. med. group) we have never seen the doctor while undergoing the procedure, the techs do the ultrasound, the insamination. At dr. Weldens he personally does the ultrasounds, he does the insaminations, and he NEVER rushes, he goes above and beyond.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1061896].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 15, 2012

EXCELLENT DOCTOR. My mom, also a physician, selected him when I had a fibroid because he is the best at what he does. This shows he is revered, even among his professional colleagues. He is compassionate and will do everything to preserve your fertility. All his patients I've met agree. He is very knowledgeable and will take the time to explain everything in depth. He is never rushed like other doctors and sometimes pays the price for this by having to stay at the office late. This just shows his dedication to his patients. He is delicate when operating- I had NO SCARS or bruising. His staff is very nice, They are actually medically trained and not just office help like other doctors offices. They are more knowledgeable and can give injections, take blood, answer questions etc. It seems like other doctors' offices just hire girls to do office work and pretend they are medically aware by wearing scrubs, but Whelden's girls actually know what they are doing. Great practice! A+!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1061895].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012

Dr. Weldon and his staff were very sensitive and accomodating when I had questions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1061894].votes_count ]]