Dr. Stephen W Welden

Grad. Year: 1975

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 28/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 20 reviews. Dr. Stephen W Welden has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Reproductive Endocrinologist-related: infertility, fertility, reproductive endocrinology, in vitro fertilization, fertilisation
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5587585
29/06/14 5 5 5 5 Went to the Florida Fertility Clinic earlier. Nurse practitioner probed me painfully and stuck me with a fat bill for nurse's consult. Was unsuccessful and told to return the following week which I refused. Went to Dr Welden instead and he saved my life. Found out that I had ovarian cancer. Dr Welden arranged for me to see an oncologist while I was out of the country. Returned and went straight to the oncologist. Dr Welden's diagnosis was right on the money. Because of his experience and skill he was able to detect it right away while the Florida Fertility was not able to do so. Per Dr Welden my pelvic mass was so tender and big there was no way that I could be probed. He immediately took a biopsy with no pain at all and right away detected the cancer. Because it was detected in the early stage I am now in good care. I thank him for saving my life. Great doctor, great staff. No complaints. Would highly recommend anyone needing a gynaecologist.
Insurance: Aetna
Paid (or co-pay): $145
RID: 5485540
19/05/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Welden and his staff are AMAZING! My first consultation with Dr.Welden went way past the amount of time it was supposed to and I had no clue, because I had so much fun talking with him and learning from him. He truly is excellent about educating his patients before proceeding with anything, which made me feel very knowledgeable and comfortable. I went to him after seeing two other doctors in Tampa and knew the minute I made my appointment with him, we were in great hands. His staff is absolutely WONDERFUL! I especially loved Tana, she was always so friendly and made me laugh. With Dr. Welden & his staffs help, we got pregnant on his first attempt at helping us, and I am so grateful for them giving us this gift! Once our twins are born, I will be returning to Dr. Welden to all my gynecological needs (as he only does fertility & GYN, not OB). I hope he is practices for many more years because we are so lucky to have him here in Tampa and I would highly recommend him to anyone!
RID: 5322888
02/04/14 3 5 5 5 I was very impressed with Dr. Weldons knowledge and I know one day with his help along with Nurse Jamie's help I will be able to enjoy giving life to a new child. But please if the Dr. could do something with the front half of the house. Omg how rude can the girl up front named Tana be, I think she needs to attend class on how to treat the patients a little better. If there was a way when I go to my next appointment I could not see her at the front desk shoving food into her mouth it would be so much nicer of a visit. Thank you again Dr. Weldon and Nurse Jamie.  Respond
RID: 3650756
08/01/14 5 5 5 5 I absolutely LOVE Dr. Welden!! His staff was great and he was even better! He spent 45+ minutes in his office with me before examining me, then did a thorough exam and then spent another 15 minutes answering my questions and coming up with a plan of care for me! Infertility is not an easy thing to go through, but his bedside manner and overall caring made the beginning of my long journey a lot easier and less stressful! Could not have asked for a better or more caring dr!
Insurance: Humana
RID: 2879516
26/09/13 5 4 5 5 The office staff mentioned in the below comment has been resolved. The entire staff is helpful, personable, attentive and overall caring. If only all healthcare providers were as great as Dr. Welden we would have the best health care system in the world. He takes his time, answers all questions and is a genuine good hearted person. I would recommend his practice to anyone facing infertility. I have to been to the big name IVF clinics in the area and no one could beat Dr.Welden's level of care for his patients.  Respond
RID: 2557084
11/02/13 1 1 3 3 Waited 45 minutes and finally saw Dr. He was wonderful. Open to out of the box treatments. However, after I left office, I never heard from anyone on next steps. Called numerous times over the course of a couple of months but no one ever returned calls. Front desk full of attitude! He might be nice but not worth the frustration of dealing with his unprofessional staff.  Respond
RID: 2368871
15/07/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Welden is the best infertility specialist in the entire Tampa Bay area, if you are looking into infertility treatiments, take my advice (i have seen the USF infertility and the reproductive medicine group) nobody compares to dr. Welden! I think it would take me hours to write here how wonderful he is, when all the groups around are all about money dr. Welden is there for the patient, I wish I knew about him from the very begining and not waisted so much time and money at those other places. When I was doing an IUI procedure and was ovulating on the weekend, he came to the office both saturday and sunday just for me! Another thing that other places around dont do is, whenever we did a procedure like IUI (and we had 3 done at the rep. med. group) we have never seen the doctor while undergoing the procedure, the techs do the ultrasound, the insamination. At dr. Weldens he personally does the ultrasounds, he does the insaminations, and he NEVER rushes, he goes above and beyond.
Paid (or co-pay): $100
RID: 2096059
01/05/12 5 5 5 5 EXCELLENT DOCTOR. My mom, also a physician, selected him when I had a fibroid because he is the best at what he does. This shows he is revered, even among his professional colleagues. He is compassionate and will do everything to preserve your fertility. All his patients I've met agree. He is very knowledgeable and will take the time to explain everything in depth. He is never rushed like other doctors and sometimes pays the price for this by having to stay at the office late. This just shows his dedication to his patients. He is delicate when operating- I had NO SCARS or bruising. His staff is very nice, They are actually medically trained and not just office help like other doctors offices. They are more knowledgeable and can give injections, take blood, answer questions etc. It seems like other doctors' offices just hire girls to do office work and pretend they are medically aware by wearing scrubs, but Whelden's girls actually know what they are doing. Great practice! A+!  Respond
RID: 1527300
01/09/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Weldon and his staff were very sensitive and accomodating when I had questions.  Respond
RID: 1442397
16/05/11 5 5 5 5 Dr.Stephen Welden is God send truly!Words cannot describe his thoughtfulness for his patients.I used to drive 30miles each way to reach his office but it was worth it.Never ever I've waited more than 10 mins to see him.They do handle a large number of patients but everyone is perfectly handled.Once they were running behind schedule on a Monday late afternoon and that was the only time I had to wait maybe 15-20 mins.In that time the staff probably said sorry a 1000 times.The staff totally complements Dr.Welden's nature.Pam,Tama,Rose are simply gr8!They attend to you,laugh with you,comfort you in your needs.Eventhough as Dr.Weldon's patient I did not achieve success with a pregnancy,he diagnosed my problem,treated me and I'm much better.I'm always concerned about my age(38) and being overweight,but he convinced me that I have to believe that I can make it.I surely will Doc!Unfortunately I had to move out of FL,or else I would always be his patient and I would recommend everybody to him.
RID: 1436561
09/05/11 5 5 5 5 Staff was funny, helpful & knowledgeable. Dr. Welden spoke to me in his office privately for 45 min then examined me. Kind, funny, great bedside manner.I went for a yearly checkup. Although Dr. Welden is know for infertility...he helped this menopausal women. I highly recommend this caring physician.
RID: 1318515
20/12/10 5 5 5 5 I had a surgery before my cycle to open up my cervix Dr Welden is the best one cycle with success after 2 failed cycles at Ivf Florida.
Paid (or co-pay): $16000
RID: 1274821
19/10/10 5 5 5 5 I love Dr. Welden and his staff. He was the second doctor we used for IVF and it worked on the first try. He is very caring and explains everything and takes his time with you. It feels like a real family environment and not a "business" like some of these IVF offices. I would and have recommended Dr. Welden to anyone seeking assistance with infertility. We were recommended to him by previous patients of his who are going back to him for a second time. I can't express enough how pleased we are with his service.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1167318
11/05/10 5 5 5 5 I love Dr Welden and his staff. They are truly kind, never rushed through my appointments and I don't think I ever waited more than 10 minutes. Calling with questions was never a problem and they always knew who I was. I highly recommend Dr. Welden
RID: 967622
20/08/09 2 3 1 2 I don't know if this office has improved in their patient communications and empathy, but in 2008, it was not very good! I think the wife /nurse-office manager tries to get involved when she doesn't know the true circumstances of what is occurring with the office staff, thereby making things worse. It is noted that IP addresses are logged - does this mean that the doctor can retaliate? Because, unfortunatly, I feel that the office staff with this doctor would.
RID: 953107
03/08/09 2 4 5 5 Dr. Welden is very knowledgable and will explain as much as you want to know. If you say something that is not true he will explain to you the correct reasoning, but not in a bad way. In other words he is not going to let you believe something that is not true. He is also very funny and tries to lighten the mood a bit. He has a very soft touch and is also very gentle. He does take his time! He is for the most part punctual but at times may run a bit behind (like any dr.), but you will not be rushed if he is behind, no mater what he always takes his time with you.
RID: 709547
25/10/08 3 4 4 5 Well, ive been to his office many times, and hes usually pretty quick, and the office is usally empty. The staff is kind of weird and act like they are so busy when theres no one there, and they are quite huffy and dont really seem to do much work. The dr is very nice though and knows what hes talking about, and will give you kind hearted, helpful advice. I had surgery by him and he made it a much more pleasent experiance. He held my hand and talked to me until they put me to sleep. He is very nice and like to teach you things.I would HIGHLY reccomend this doctor.
RID: 659319
08/08/08 5 3 5 5 Everyone here is nice from the front desk person, the office manager and the nurse. Dr. Welden is a terrific doctor. We were the only patients scheduled for the afternoon. Our first visit was over 3 hours from start to finish. Great service, they care about the patients not the $$$$$.  Respond
RID: 373452
25/07/07 5 5 5 5 He is a wonderful doctor. I went to other doctor's and no one else could help me. This is the best doctor I've ever had. The best!  Respond
RID: 359715
05/07/07 1 2 2 2 NO bedside manner, very condescending, his upteenth wife is his receptionist, and they are both very unprofessional. Dr. Welden managed to scare me away from male doctors for life.