Dr. Tjerk F. Bury

Website:
Practice:
Hospital: THOUSAND OAKS SURGICAL HOSPITAL
Phone:805-777-7333
Med. School:Rijksuniversiteit Te Utrecht, Fac Der Geneeskunde, Utrecht, Netherlands
Grad. Year: 1980

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.1 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 7 reviews. Dr. Tjerk F. Bury has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

06/05/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.8
RID: 2609584
06/04/13 5 5 5 5 I wanted to share my comments having had Dr. Bury's expertise on reconstruction for both breasts (several times due to my breast cancer surgery and it's complications as well as both my wrists)! So ... 2 breasts and 2 wrists and several years of experience with Dr. Bury and his staff! Dr. Bury was recommended to me by the Chief of Staff of a local hospital and they were 100% correct! From my initial consultation to my last surgery and office visit I have felt confident in Dr. Bury being the BEST available! Never disappointed! He is a very detailed physician who takes his work (which is art in many ways) seriously & goes beyond the normal physician standard in caring for his patients in his office, during and after surgery and during the recovery process! I never had anything but excellent interactions with his office staff and my case was complicated to be sure! They have been very helpful with insurance situations and cared about me as a person. I would highly recommend Dr. Bury!
RID: 2040417
17/04/12 1 3 1 3 Dr. Bury's office requires patients to pay up front with a credit card EVEN if the patient has insurnace coverage. In our case we have had to carry $850 in credit card debt for over 3 months and we still have yet to get a refund out of the Doctor's office even though they acknowledge they have received full payment from our insurance company and we have proof that our insurance company has paid all the bills directly to the good doctor. The office staff was not helpful in resolving the matter indicating they couldn't do anything. BE AWARE you will have to provide an interest free loan to the Doctor in order to use his services, and you will have to fight with the office staff to get your money back from them.
RID: 1214785
24/07/10 5 5 5 5 After consulting with UCLA and another doctor, I selected Dr. Bury who just performed breast surgery on me. He removed leaking silicone implants input 24 yrs. ago, replaced them, and did a breast lift. I lost NO feeling in my breasts and am healing beautifully. i think I found the best there is. This man is VERY knowledgeable and skilled. He takes time to answer all questions and concerns, responds to phone calls post op in a timely fashion, and got an excellent result in one surgery where all others with whom I consulted, wanted to do three separate surgeries to accomplish what he did in one. Medicare only paid for removal; the replacement and lift were out of pocket expenses. He was much more reasonable than UCLA and I felt safe and well cared for both in the office and at the surgical hospital. I feel very fortunate to have found this doctor who was recommended by my local arm specialist, Dr. Gary Pattee, also of highly qualified. So glad I thought to ask him for a referral!  Respond
RID: 938394

16/07/09 4 3 2 1 He did an awful job on fusing my wrist. I'm in more pain than before the surgery and there's a broken screw in my wrist. I had to have another Doctor remove all the work Dr. Bury did and start over.
RID: 207400
17/03/07 5 5 5 Dr. Bury did my reconstruction after breast cancer. He will walk every step with you and make sure you are treated right. He and his wife are very personable.
RID: 107491
22/01/07 5 5 5 Used Dr. Bury for non-cosmetic surgery on my hand. Great work. Excellent attention to my needs. I highly recommend him!
RID: 32593
18/06/06 5 5 5 Used him for non-cosmetic purposes. Definitely knew his stuff.