Dr. Michael J. Hickham

Doctor

Location:
Metairie, Louisiana Map External Link
Gender:M
Specialty:Ear Nose and Throat (ENT)
Website:
Grad. Year: 1993

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 8 reviews. Dr. Michael J. Hickham has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Ear Nose and Throat (ENT)-related: ears, nose, throat, hearing loss, tonsillitis, nasal surgery, endoscopy, laryngology, reconstructive surgery of the head and neck, thyroid surgery, endoscopic sinus surgery, swallowing disorders, sleep apnea, vertigo
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5569540
18/06/14 5 4 5 5 Great doctor- really cares- spends time with you. Makes sure that you get well with follow ups
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 5495128
26/05/14 5 5 5 5 Absolutely one of the most talented, best surgeons I have ever come across, with a wonderful, engaging personality to boot.
Insurance: Medicare
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Michael" to "Michael J."
RID: 1551386
01/10/11 5 5 5 5 He was very caring and listened attentively and he made me feel better right away  Respond
RID: 1489732
18/07/11 4 4 5 5 Dr. Hickham is my ENT, and I see him usually 2 or 3 times a year due to allergies and sinus problems. He is great! Very caring and knowledgeable. The wait can be a little long at times but that is partially because he takes a lot of time with you, so I have no problem with the wait. Also he gets busy during flu and cold season, which is expected. Definitely recommend him!
RID: 1175649
24/05/10 3 4 1 1 Dr. Hickham diagnosed the itching in my ear as allergies, and sent me home with allergy medication. The itching then turned into pain which caused me to go back to the doctor. This time, Dr. Hickham told me the pain in my ear was due to TMJ. With a 30 year history of ear problems, I had never been told my ear pain was related to TMJ so I asked him how ear pain could be caused by TMJ. When I questioned him, Dr. Hickham stated he had practiced medicine for 15 years and knew what he was doing. He then sent me home with steroid ear drops and muscle relaxers. After taking those medications for a week, my ear pain substantially increased forcing me to go to a second doctor. The second doctor diagnosed an ear infection and sent me home with antibiotic pills and ear drops. Within three days of taking antibiotic medication, my ear pain was gone. Always get a second opinion.
RID: 1002780
05/10/09 4 5 5 5 He is a very down to Earth person & very friendly. He is a very knowledgable doctor who took care of my dad's issues completely in only 3 visits. I would recommend him to anyone who needs a good & trustworthy ENT.  Respond
RID: 680166
06/09/08 5 5 5 5 Excellent physician skills, knowledgeable ENT with a very good office protocol. Listens to his patients and treats them effectively. Highly recommended by medical personnel who were his patients
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 357972
02/07/07 4 3 5 5 Listens well, up-to-date on latest medicines and practices, will work you in quickly if you are sick
Paid (or co-pay): $15