Rate Dr. Rita El Hajj

Dr. Rita El Hajj's Ratings

States she puts herself in the patients position. Well spent many years on medicare never seeing her. Only her nurse practitioner.told me that the reason I don't have any symptoms of low blood sugars until they are extremely low (60) is because reactions are an adrenalin response and "once we tighten up these blood sugars it will return" Also have a nurse practitioner who I saw for about 5 years exclusively laugh at the term insulin shock. Huge concern for high blood sugars but none for low blood sugars which come on far faster and are much more dangerous than high sugars. After my BC/BS became primary Dr El- hajj wanted to treat me. Really not a fan. Now after 8 years as a patient they refuse to order my insulin pump supplies because I did not show up to have a 5 day sensor placed in the office. I have a pump with a sensor so it was totally unnecessary but I am curious how much they were going to bill my insurance. Nasty is as nasty does. It's all about money.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1063978].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2013

I always get to see Dr. El-Hajj during my visits, and she spends more time with me than any other doctor I've ever seen - even during check-ups/revisits. She hooked me up with, in my opinion, the best surgeon in the area when I needed thyroid surgery - and she has been diligently following my thyroid levels during my current pregnancy to ensure that everything is in good shape. She always lays out all of my options and gives me her honest opinion on them - and I trust her with my health.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1063977].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2012

Really Good Doctor. Very through and takes time to know all the details before diagnosis.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1063976].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2011

She is amazing. I live in the NE and she is worth the drive. She spends a lot of time with her patients. I feel like she is really concerned.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1063975].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 19, 2011

I see the Doctor about every other visit. She spends a lot of time. Her suggestions as to life style changes as well as medication are helpful. Other visist are with a NP, Donna, who is very helpful. I am very happy with the practice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1063974].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 13, 2011

i never see her only a nurse practitioner little knowledge of type one diabetes

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1063973].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2010

As a doctor myself, I was extremely impressed by the level of expertise and accurate diagnosis after having been misdiagnosed by 3 other MD's before visiting Dr. El-Hajj. I recommend her to any patient looking for an excellent endocrinologist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1063972].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 25, 2008

She spent well over an hour with me on my initial visit. Very detail oriented and seemed to be knowledgeable of all new treatments and available drugs. Took the time to write everything down so I would have something to refer to later and make follow up visits more productive. Excellent so far.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1063971].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2007

Very Helpfull, takes the time to answer all my questions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1063970].votes_count ]]