Rate Dr. Gary W. Coatoam

Dr. Gary W. Coatoam's Ratings

Dr. Coatoam and his staff are very pleasant and highly professional. The facilities are very clean and comfortable. Most important the services they provide are excellent. Dr. Coatoam saved a tooth of mine that had been deemed as hopeless by a few dentists I tried before. I would recommend Dr. Coatoam services to my friends and family.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2465001].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014

Dr. Coatoam was recommended by Dr. Pearl Burns to handle my gum surgery. He is an excellent dentist and he is extremely compassionate. He is a family man who enjoys his patients. He makes you feel welcomed and comfortable. When he has to give you bad news, he gives you time to meditate on important decisions. He doesn't rush you or scare you into undergoing any procedures. He adequately informs you! He is also cognizant of his staffers personalities and attitudes. He insures that they provide professional and caring service. I've only had 2 bad experiences w/his tall, stout, & sloppy blond receptionist not wanting to wait on me. I have purposefully observed her w/other patients and she definitely has cultural issues. She always pans me off on the pleasant male assistant. Avoid her if possible. With that being said, this is a great team and I trust Fr. Coatoam with all my dental surgeries. And trust me, I've had a few and many more to follow!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2097218].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 5, 2012

Highly recommended perio office! I am a registered dental hygienist and see Dr. Coatoam & his hygienist Susan due to my recessed gums! The staff is extremely friendly and it's obvious they work well together as a team! His hygienist is outstanding!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2097217].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 5, 2012

Dr Coatoam is the best! Unlike others in his field he truly does care about you, and takes the time to explain everything to you. He is a kind man, and def make sure you are taken care of!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2097216].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 30, 2012

I have gone to Dr. Coatoam for many years and have "always" received excellent care. He is genuinely concerned and with his expertise, I have been able to maintain gum stability. I would NEVER think of going to another periodontist!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2097215].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 16, 2012

Dr. Coatoam is absolutely wonderful! I was referred to him by my dentist, Dr. Yvonne Rausch (who is also fantastic) to have a tissue graft performed. He and his staff are great at taking time to explain things to patients, and they always make sure I feel very comfortable!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2097214].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2009

Seems great so far.... 28 hours after having a tooth removed and bone graft material put in. I'm still forcing down a few Ibuprophen, but only to make sure the inflammation stays under control, because I'm not in any pain. After going through wisdom tooth extraction years earlier that put me to bed for a few days, I'm surprised there isn't any pain. Although when I went in, I had thought and hoped to save the tooth and just put a crown on it, I felt I had ample room to argue my case with the Dr., throwing everything I could think of to support my view that I could go without the extraction. However, my arguments were logically defeated one by one. In the end, the "tooth lost" the argument. DO come prepared to make a decision right there at the time, so you don't have to make two appointments, assuming you can live with your decision. He knows the facts, the odds, and explains them well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2097213].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2009

Dr. Coatoam is excellent at what he does. He was among the first to do implants apparently and he does excellent work with a very intelligent and soft-spoken 'chair side' manner; answering any and all questions very thoroughly. The assistants and office staff are all very good at their jobs and have a pretty uniformly positive attitude. Note : This is specialzed work that is nowhere near cheap but it is worth every penny and is an excellent value for the price paid!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2097212].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 8, 2007

Dr. Coatoam is so positive and helpful. I had a front tooth that another periodontist said couldn't have an implant because I had so much bone loss. I really didn't want to have to grind down perfectly healthy teeth to do a bridge, and Dr. Coatoam thought he could and he did it! My bone graft did great, his implant (that he invented) did great, and honestly, you can't tell that anything is abnormal in my smile. And I am in sales, so appearance is super important. I still travel 2 hours to have him check me and he did a second implant. He is wonderful, works very quickly and efficiently and because he is an adjunct professor at UF, he is certainly aware of new and better methods for his patients. I have had so many dentist experiences and some good and many negative, I would rate him a 10!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2097211].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2007

He is very caring and genuinely concerned about the patient's well being. I alternate cleanings between my regular dentist and his office to make sure my gums stay healthy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2097210].votes_count ]]