Rate Dr. Asmat U. Quraishi

Dr. Asmat U. Quraishi's Ratings

Do not go to this doctor. He has no manners, and is quick to diagnose without even looking at you. he told the receptionist that she needs to use her brain!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2595325].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2014

Do not go to this doctor... Terrible experience and extremely condescending

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2482413].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 17, 2014

HORRIBLE experience with Dr. Quaraishi. Went to him for sinus congestion while laying down at night and unrelated ear discomfort. Looked in my ear and told me I was fine and looked in my nose and told me I needed a CT scan. Awful bedside manner, did not explain anything. Got my CT and he immediately told me I needed surgery and to schedule it. Did not discuss anything further. Got a second opinion because I wasn't comfortable having him work on me. I found out from a second doctor that my ear pain was valid due to tiny foreign object and he took care of it in the office immediately. Also told during second opinion I did not need the sinus CT scan and asked why the first doctor did not look at me using a scope. Proscribed medication as first option to treat sinus issue before jumping to surgery. DO NOT USE QUARAISHI!!! Outdated methods, quick to dismiss problems or recommend surgery before any other alternatives without discussion.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1064633].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2014

DO NOT GO TO HIM. Had a ear infection and I knew it because of the pain and symptoms. However he said it wasn't a ear infection and it was just TMJ. Barely even looked in the ear and didn't want to listen to my complaints about the pain and ear clogging/lack of hearing. Sent me to my dentist for tmj and she said it wasn't tmj and said to see my primary. So I did and he said it was very obvious it was a infection. Dr Quarashi was very rude and stubborn and will never go back to him. Wasted my time and copayments going to 3 different doctors when it was a simple diagnosis.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1064630].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2013

Do not go to this doctor. So rude and condescending. I went for a sinus infection. After he cleaned out my ears, (painful!!) my back was facing him as I got up from the table. He commanded me - "never turn your back to me when I am talking." He wrote my prescription for antibiotics; next thing i know his nurse is telling me I need a cat scan. The doctor had gone by then so there was no explanation as to why.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1064629].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 9, 2013

Was dismayed when I saw how much he relied on his nurse (who was wonderful but had to keep him on task the entire visit and re-direct him back to the issue at hand). Went to him with a "stuffed up" and painful ear. My ear was so "stuffed up" I felt like I was going out of my mind. He quickly looked in my ear after having the nurse also do so. Was basically told to keep taking an over-the-counter decongestant and come back in a week because my audiology tests were good, which meant there couldn't possibly be fluid in my ear. One week later, went to Dr. Lee Eisenberg in Englewood and had the most thorough check. It was like night and day. Dr. Eieseberg checked the pressure in both ears, looked in my ears with several devices, and did a pressure check up my nose. He prescribed prednisone and after just one dose I am feeling so much better. I would never go back to Dr. Qurashi, ever. His distracted nature and distracted, cavalier approach was unnerving.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1064628].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 22, 2013

If you are going to see Dr. Quraishi or planning to see Dr. Quraishi, then please CHANGE DOCTORS immediately! I made an appointment with him because Dr. Silver was booked and he was the only one with an opening. I was hesitant, but my ears and throat were so infected that I went with him. After a 5 minute examination, he concluded these were allergies and I needed surgery for a deviated septum and sent me away with a prescription for allergies. I was uncomfortable with this diagnosis, but he didnt care. The next day, still sick, I went to another practice and doctor. That doctor diagnosed me with a viral infection and sinus infection and couldn't understand how a doctor would think my symptoms were caused by allergies. Maybe it's because he examined me for 5 minutes. STAY AWAY FROM HIM,

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1064632].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 19, 2012

I know this doctor gets some flack sometimes for not fully explaining what he's doing or is about to do; but he gets the job done. He's extremely knowledgeable and straightforward and I trust him fully to deal with any issues that I may have. One thing to note: he has a very dry sense of humor and that may come off as condescending to some. Don't get discouraged.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1064627].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2012

Horrible experience. I went in for an ear infection and he told me to lay down. Without any warning of the incoming pain, he he pushed down on a sensitive area of my ear with what felt like a needle. Worse yet, while still holding down and causing the pain, he called over one of the staff and asked them to take a look and guess what the problem was. Prior to that, while making small talk, he was condescending in the questions he asked and talked down to me with my responses to my college education. I have no way to rate his knowledge, since he did not give any explanation to what he was doing or why. No bedside manner at all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1064631].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 11, 2012

Wow, that was a fairly traumatic experience. I guess Dr. Quraishi doesn't believe it's important that he inform patients of what he's doing. I went in for an ear cleaning, he told me to get up on the table and the next thing I knew I was in serious pain, of which I would very much have appreciated advanced warning or at the very least acknowledgment. He never explained what he did, what medicines or preparations he used, just gave me a stern warning not to use headphones and to come back in four months. I will be returning in four months but not to him. I guess in retrospect I'm not surprised that I could get in to see him anytime while most others were booking 2 to 3 weeks in advance.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1064626].votes_count ]]