Rate Dr. Lorena H. Tan

Dr. Lorena H. Tan's Ratings

Descent at best. She has small hands which I find very important as I get older and require more probing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2605876].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2014

Finally found good doctor since moving to California. Had to move to new county, but insurance allows me to keep Dr. Tan as my prim. dr. Worth the drive n time. I switched my parents to her care and what a difference. Much better care. Will keep Dr. Tan!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1065035].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2014

Dr. Tan is the best doctor I have found. She truly cares about her patients and will always find the time to see you. I would highly recommend her...I can't say enough about how comfortable she makes you feel about your medical care. She finds the time to listen and take care of your concerns.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1065034].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 15, 2012

I saw her for an ongoing health problem I had. Dr. Tan got me in after some waiting (sometimes Drs can't help that) and spent about two minutes with me, asked me a couple questions, then left the room. I waited for her to come back, and when she didn't. I went to the front desk and asked what was going on. They told me she had ordered the blood test and would call me with the results, then they gave me the paperwork. I got the test that day. After two weeks of waiting I called for the results. And Called. I ran out of medications, and finally got a call from the pharmacy that my prescription was ready. I never got the results from her. It was a drive by doctoring I don't want to repeat.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1065033].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 7, 2012

She takes great care of her patients. She gets them in quick too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1065032].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2012

I initially made an appointment with Dr. Tan because she came highly recommended from another doctor who actually sees Dr. Tan herself for her primary care. I later learned that Dr. Tan has a very good reputation as a doctor amongst many other doctors, nurses and other healthcare workers. Now that I have found Dr. Tan, I will never leave her. She is kind, caring and sincere, and I trust her completely. I habitually double-check other people’s work, and I am repeatedly impressed with Dr. Tan’s diagnosis, treatment and the information that she provides me. In addition, I can make same-day appointments without having to wait long. Her new office and staff are also very pleasant. I really think she is the ideal doctor for your primary care needs.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1065031].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 19, 2009

Dr. Tan is very nice, helpful, knowledgeable, and I feel very comfortable with her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1065030].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2008

I can't say enough good things about Dr. Tan and I am one tough person to please when it comes to the doctors that I allow to treat me. Whatever I need, she is there, sometimes even with just a phone call. I very much respected her decision not to prescribe bio-identical hormones because she said she did not know enough about them. She said a physicians first and foremost objective is to "do no harm" and that she could not do something she had no knowledge of. I have worked with many doctors and not one would have admitted they didn't know anything. She has never been arrogant as I find most doctors to be, and she takes time to listen. No matter how busy she is, I know she does for me what needs to be done. And she trusts my opinion regarding my own healthcare because she knows that I know my own body and takes this into consideration when treating. She is the best doctor that I have ever had and since I have moved 100 miles away, I will still keep her as my doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1065029].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 9, 2008

I was one of Lorena Tan's attending physicians while she was in training. I remembered her as a somewhat bashful but brilliant student. In addition to her compassion and genuine care for patients, and more importantly, her efficiency & accuracy in arriving at the correct diagnosis of patients impressed me. She exceled at quickly detecting and presenting pertinent positives & negatives in patients' histories and physical examinations. My observations and assessment is that she has gotten even better since her training. This is one of the reasons I chose her as my PCP despite her humble objection as I have a reputation to be a "tough" professor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1065028].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 31, 2008

Dr. Tan came highly recommended to me by several people, nurses at the hospital, my neighbors and my co-workers. After seeing her, I was also very pleased to have found her. She even calls me in the evening and sometimes weekends to go over lab results, answer my questions and to check on me. I only wish she had better staff to help her. They can sometimes have attitudes.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1065027].votes_count ]]