Rate Dr. Sophia Khan

Dr. Sophia Khan's Ratings

I am glad that she left Edmonton. All she ever did was ask me some questions and tell me to come back in x number of months. Not very helpful. Why does the government pay doctors who only do this? I got another Rheumatologist after her who is more helpful and referred me to another type of specialist doctor who has helped a lot.

Submitted May 16, 2013 | flag

DR.KHAN IS A VERY CARING EDUCATED DOCTOR. I RESPECT THIS TRULY HELPFUL AND THRUOGH WORK. SHE WILL GO OUT HER WAY TO HELP AND DIGANOSE. SHE LISTENS AND ALWAYS HAS ADVISE AND KIND WORDS. HER PERSONALITY SHINES THROUGH HER AMAZING DOCOTR SKILLS. THANK YOU DR.KHAN. YOU ARE THE BEST. YOU ARE A BLESSING

Submitted Feb. 1, 2013 | flag

I had horrible autoimmune symptoms (pleurisy, exhaustion, positive ANA, aching joints) when I was referred to her. Couldn't get appointment for 2 months. When I finally saw her, I was asymptomatic. She was abrupt and treated me as though I was wasting her time. No help, no encouragement to come back if I had further symptoms.

Submitted Nov. 7, 2012 | flag

Dr Khan sent a letter last January saying her practice was closing and never gave me a refferal to another rheumatologist...very unprofessional.When I did see her for a few years she was okay but not like minded as far as being supportive af alternative medicine

Submitted March 22, 2012 | flag

Extremely thorough...she DOES "get to the bottom of health issues"!! Most professional while being sincerely caring. Offers encouragement and is totally focused on her work... She is one of the VERY BEST in her field, in my opinion.

Submitted Dec. 2, 2011 | flag

No real effort has been made to find out why I am experiencing pain as a result of a calcium supplement treatment. I was experiencing no pain prior to the treatment, but after three treatments I was having severe pain in all parts of my body. This pain has been reduced by taking Prednisone, but as soon as I stop taking it, the pain returns. I was told that the pain should dissipate in 2-3 months after the last treatment, but it has been over five months and I still have the pain. At present I am still taking the Prednisone.

Submitted May 7, 2011 | flag

After 4 other rhum dr's I found dr Khan, she was very helpful, she listened and treated my R.A. With the aggression it needed! I feel like a new person thanks to her, her compassion and ability to listen to her patient, I am very sad to see her go. If she reads these posts, thank you DR Khan!

Submitted Jan. 12, 2011 | flag

She apparently doesn't read all her notes for followup appointments. Her and another doctor are telling me different things about my bloodwork (Khan said iron is low, other doctor says iron is high, just not being absorbed). She rushed through a list of symptoms to watch out for and gave me a name of iron supplement to get. What supplement is it? I don't know, she didn't write it down. I don't feel like I got the time to tell her all my symptoms, and wasn't asked questions about when tests were done in relationship to the rest of my life.

Submitted Oct. 1, 2010 | flag

I am not sure yet I am still in a lot of pain, so I cannot give a comment on how this doctor rates. She is nice but further than that I have not felt the benefit of her care as of yet and I have been her patient for 5 years.

Submitted June 27, 2010 | flag

Very caring doctor who makes you feel that you are being taken care of. She has excellent patient/doctor interaction skills and makes you so comfortable and relaxed. She is open and listens to all your concerns. Thank you so much Dr. Khan

Submitted March 10, 2010 | flag