Rate Dr. Marc J. Ovadia

Dr. Marc J. Ovadia's Ratings

Dr. Ovadia is the absoulute best! I think you can tell a lot about a Dr by the way that their colleges talk about them. I can't count how many nurses or other heathcare professionals told us that if their child were to ever need a peds cardiologist that he would be the one that they would choose. What higher honor than to be that respected by the people in your field. I have never had a Dr. sit in a waiting room with me while waiting to register like I had with him. He generally is concerned with his patients and their families. I was shocked when before he left the hospital after my daughters ablasion that he gave us a list of with several phone numbers that he could be reached at, including his cell. What dr. does that anymore? I will be forever grateful to Dr. Ovadia for the care he gave my daughter. I have myself a new hero.

Submitted May 15, 2010 | flag

Dr. Ovadia spent over an hour with me explaining a condition he thought I had, but clearly did not. As much as I tried to tell him my symptoms did not at all match what he was trying to tell me, he continued speaking to me like I knew nothing and was wasting his time with my questions. He was constantly talking about doing surgery and putting me on medication despite my telling him I disagreed with his diagnosis. Sure enough, when I got a second opinion at Northwestern Memorial Hospital from the chief of the cardiology department, he gave me the correct diagnosis and said that he has no clue how Dr. Ovadia could have thought anything else since my symptoms were a classic case of the condition. DO NOT GO TO HIM.

Submitted Jan. 3, 2010 | flag

Probably saved my son's life, and might someday save my wife's, and that is even with some issues with her procedure. He gives out his cell phone number, and has answered it at 8PM. There is not a Doctor in the world who has a better bedside manner, or is better with children and parents, in an unbelievably difficult and serious field. These patients do not have colds..it's hardcore stuff..and his patience and demeanor is phenomenal. If your child has some type of heart condition where a pacemaker/defibrillator needs to be implanted, I don't care where you live, get to Chicago, and see Dr. Ovadia..

Submitted March 26, 2009 | flag

Dr. Ovadia is a wonderful person. He has always been ready to listen and care about our family. His staff is also wonderful. Our son loves doctor Ovadia. Our whole family trusts his decisions. He tells us the truth and we always seem to see the light at the end of the road. Thank you doctor for treating us like humans!!

Submitted Dec. 28, 2008 | flag

very good doctor....very compassionate, knowlegable, and sincere!!!

Submitted May 24, 2008 | flag

Dr. Ovadia is beyond knowledgeable; he is compassionate, and sincerely cares about his patients and their families. We would call him in the middle of the night when our son would have an episode and he would always answer AND call back the next day to see how his was doing. We have never met a doctor who is as approachable and kind as Dr. Ovadia. We will never forget what he has done for our son.

Submitted Jan. 24, 2008 | flag

Can't say enough about him. He figured out what was wrong with my son even after several other Drs. could not. You always get his full attention, he never makes you feel rushed. I will follow him just about anywhere and refer him to anyone I hear needs a peds cardoligist.

Submitted Aug. 1, 2007 | flag

Extremely knowlegable and helpful. Gave me his cellphone and checks up on my daughter often. Comes out to other hospitals in my areato accomodate me. Always friendly and willing to talk. I never feel rushed when he is checking my daughter. A super doctor!

Submitted June 28, 2007 | flag