Dr. Lester Scott Stoney

Grad. Year: 1987

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 26/06/07    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 28 reviews. Dr. Lester Scott Stoney has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: can he treat his pt.s at hoag hosp.?    Email me    Answer it
Q: is his license suspended right now?    Email me    Answer it

Dr. Lester Scott Stoney
Pain Mgmt / Physical Rehab-related: pain relief, physical rehabilitation, stroke recovery, accident recovery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5619290

08/07/14 1 1 1 1
RID: 5010503

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.5  Respond
RID: 3588862
28/10/13 1 4 1 1 I agree! This guy was cold as ice. I have never been treated so poorly as I have by Dr. Scott Stoney. He refused to explain the procedure or why he was treating me with shots to my spine. I was skeptical when he didn't even go over my xrays. He just told me to lye down on my stomach did the shots and walked out of the room without a word. I'm here to bash the treatment After my 3rd appointment the pain was gone but if you want empathy or a doctor with bed side manors go somewhere else.
RID: 2482705

26/11/12 2 2 1 1 It is hard to believe that this doctor is rated a 5. My experience with him was a nightmare.This doctor is irresponsible, uncaring and narcissistic.
Respond

28/10/12 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 2422490
11/09/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Stoney is compassionate and really listens to your problems. He also does an excellent job of helping mitigate the pain - I am now able to work a 40 hour aweek job where 3 years ago there was no way I could have handled it.
RID: 1740743
13/03/12 5 3 1 3 He was more interested in pushing drugs than fixing my pain issues. After he berated me in his office, I have returned.  Respond
RID: 1639749
20/11/11 5 5 5 5 This doctor is wonderful. He was able to control the pain that my son had after a fall. Surgeons wanted to operate but Dr. Stoney was able to get my son back to work after a rotator cuff injury and back disc hernation. Dr. Stoney really has a gift. My son avoided surgery and he is back to work.
RID: 1633905
14/11/11 3 5 5 5 I'm a throat cancer patient that has had numerous tongue resections and a radical neck dissection. Needless to say, pain has been a constant for the last 5 yrs. Dr Stoney has worked with me for years to keep my pain in check while minimizing my concerns of physical addiction. He's truly an artist when it comes to pain management!!
RID: 1632699
12/11/11 5 5 5 5 This Physician is wonderful. I had gone to many therapist and doctors. I had even tried acupuncture but the pain was so severe I thought about surgery. I had a surgery date scheduled even but then I had an appointment with Dr. Stoney. I was so glad I did because by the time my surgery time came around I was pain free. I did not have to go to surgery. It was a miracle. I was free of pain. I can not thank Dr. Stoney enough from the bottom of my heart. I am healed and I have been pain free since working with Dr. Stoney as my physician. After being with so many therapists and doctors of course I was skeptical but that fear was allayed by Dr. Stoney's confidence in his ability to treat me. It was apparent after only one visit with Dr. Stoney my pain dropped immediately. I am so grateful. Now i can return to a life without pain, no longer feeling the stabbing and sharp shooting pains that kept me awake at night, no longer crying from the pain. Thank you again Dr. Stoney
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1574833
31/10/11 5 5 5 5 I owe my quality of life to Dr. Stoney. He is vigalent at keeping my chronic pain from a rare auto immune disease under control. His knowledge and persistence at finding the perfect combination of treatment has given me back my quality of life and I am so thankful. I am able to get out more and enjoy my life where as chronic pain kept me bed ridden or with use of wheelchair. I also find great comfort in the way he is over seeing my treatment closely due to the fact that some medications are quite strong. He closely watches to make sure I am comfortable and not over medicated which is of great comfort to me. He is very knowledge on how to best treat pain and takes the time to explain everything and make sure you understand. I am never rushed and he always takes the time to answer all my questions. Also I love that he is always on time. It is very rare that he is off schedule and I love the dependability of his office and that I will be in and out in no time. I highly recommend Dr. Stoney
RID: 1565820
19/10/11 5 5 5 5 dr. stoney is my saviour, i had multiple spine surgies and seen many pain specialist but none of them helped. when i initially saw dr, stoney, i was a mess. i couldn't sit, stand or do anything. he's very knowledgeable and kind.
RID: 1564403
18/10/11 5 5 5 5 I have been seeing Dr. Stoney for a couple of years. One thing I have found out, he is not just a brilliant doctor and a family man, but a great person as well. When you go in his office you become aware that you are not just a number, you are a valued friend and patient. Dr. Stoney will take as much time as needed for you to talk over your issues. Without his help and his therapy that he provides has made my life manageable and fun once more. I cannot thank him enough for all he has done for me through multiple surgeries and losing 200 pounds. He has supported me from start to finish. I would recommend Dr. Stoney to anybody that needs help to get thier life back. Thank you for all you've done for me and my family. I cannot thank you enough for all your support and kindness. Ken Mitchell
RID: 1564215
18/10/11 5 5 5 5 I have been in severe pain for 16 years before seeing Dr. Stoney, due to a back injury. I had all but given up on living a pain free life. Dr. Stoney saved me!!! He is a caring, brilliant Doctor, and his staff is so wonderful and caring as well. Saying Thank You isnt enough for what Dr. Stoney has done for my family and me. We will be forever grateful.
Insurance: Aetna
Respond

12/10/11 SYSTEM: 3 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

12/10/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1550345
30/09/11 5 4 5 5 I have been a patient of Dr. Stoney's since '98 & could not be happier w/the treatment I receive from the doctor & his staff. He is a very caring & concerned doctor and works to remedy the situation when I having an extremely difficult month. I have recommended numerous friends from my Fibromyalgia support group to Dr. Stoney & they have all been very happy w/him also. I really do not know what I would do without him! He makes my daily life that use to be filled with endless chronic pain much more tolerable & I am actually able to get out & do some things!
Respond

28/09/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1548262
27/09/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Stoney is very caring and has the magic touch. He has helped my pain go away.  Respond
RID: 1546218
25/09/11 3 5 5 5 Dr. Stoney gave me my life back! After suffering a major head, back, and neck injury, Dr. Stoney helped remind me what it feels like to be pain-free. I have been with him since 2005 and highly recommend him to anyone who wants their pain-free life back.
RID: 1544122

22/09/11 2 1 1 2 I wish I would have known his license was revoked for 30 days and put on probation for 10 years for "Gross Negligence, Repeated Negligence and Incompetence". Please do your homework first and check the California Medical Board website at: http://www.medbd.ca.gov/lookup.html. Select the Public Records tab. In my case, he billed the insurance company for procedures he did not perform.
RID: 1528090
01/09/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Stoney is a great Dr. He almost did the impossible. He really made a difference in my life. My pain was unbearable. He made my life so much easier to live. He does not prescribe to much pain meds as someone has stated. He does just what it takes for your particular situation. I recommend him to anyone that has internal pain. FIVE STARS to you Dr. Stoney. If it were not for Dr. Stoney, I could not get around as well as I do. No one or nothing could make me change to another Dr. I have severe arthritis and bulging disc. My pain was so severe that it hurt to do anything. Now I can at least walk and excersize. He is honest and straight to the point. But at the same time he is caring and understanding. Thank you Dr. Stoney. D. Roberts
RID: 1505761
06/08/11 1 1 1 1 Doctor cannot be trusted alone without supervision!!!!! I would be careful about the amount of prescribed medications!!  Respond

03/07/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

09/02/11 SYSTEM: 3 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1259207
27/09/10 5 4 5 5 THE BEST doctor there is! He is very caring and brilliant and has given me back my life by treating my pain. Dr Stoney is so compassionate,does not like to see patients suffer and is years ahead of other docs with his treatments.The first time I went to him,he read my medical reports andsaid to me"You poor girl,you have really suffered" I started crying because finally...a doctor who believes me and knows what kind of pain my disorder causes.The elation I felt leaving there as I said to myself "Im not going to be in pain anymore"..ranks up there in the top remembrances of my life.I had suffered 7 years with bladder pain before meeting Dr.Stoney without suffiecient pain control.My love and gratitude for him as a dr and a human being cannot be expressed Thank You, Debbie Makrdichian
RID: 1214618

24/07/10 3 3 1 1 My 70-year old mother suffers from a number of ailments so we chose Dr. Stoney to help her severe arthritis pain. After easily scheduling an appointment, we were asked to pay $300 upfront (her insurance carrier does not cover pain management); we were both shocked by the fact that this payment was demanded in CASH only – very suspicious. He quickly asked about her medical history & spent 20 minutes on this first consultation. He wrote a prescription for some creams and said, “See you in a month.” When I tried to inquire about his assessment for long-term treatment, he said something like, well the clock is ticking & time is money. For a patient who suffers incredibly, his manner was far from compassionate. Not only is he arrogant, he simply did not listen to this patient. It seems he prefers hearing himself speak. I wanted to find some competent, real help for my dear mother, but instead, walked out of Dr. Stoney’s office feeling robbed, cheated & most of all, treated inhumanely.
Paid (or co-pay): $300
See Responses

10/03/10 SYSTEM: 3 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1113464
23/02/10 5 5 5 5 I just started here, but Dr. Stoney took me under his care in the worst conditions, and despite no medical records, he treated my pain generator at the 1st visit, something that took Dr. Mikhael 5 years to get around to. I am very happy here so far. My appointments are on time, and the staff is very nice. He ordered new scans right away also, something the above doctor refused to in 7 years!! Appointments are very easy and flexible, and he is very caring. He also treated me postop after my fusion.
Paid (or co-pay): $50
RID: 994259
23/09/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Stoney is the GREATEST doctor I have been to since my slip & fall accident in 2005. Other doctors threw prescriptions at me until I was on 9 different medications for pain. I gained over 30lbs with Steroid injections and could not tolerate the side effects. Once meeting Dr. Stoney and his staff, they immediately calmed me. Dr Stoney explained the yo-yo effect of all the pain meds I was on and throughly explained his recommended treatment for my condition, (only 1 pain medication) and the pain shots he would administer (NO Steroids). I have now been blessed with over 1 year of relief as I continue my treatments for unbearable neck and back pain. Thank you so much Dr. Stoney! I would recommend you to anyone who has chronic pain!!! You have intuitive healing hands...no wonder many patients travel from great distance to be treated by you! You provide a great gift for those who suffer from pain...a Pain Free Life!
Respond

08/04/09 SYSTEM: 4 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 841500
25/03/09 5 5 5 5 A true hero ! I had three epidural injections with Dr. Stoney and now my pain has subsided. This doctor has a gifted hand! I wanted just to have surgery but now it looks like I dont need an operation. I am now back to work, and I really need to work in this economy. I have to do heavy lifting in my job. I would recommend Dr. Stoney to anyone who needs a really really good doctor.
RID: 811716
04/03/09 4 4 5 5 Dr. Stoney is an excellent doctor who was the only doctor I've been to who is willing to work with me to manage my back pain. Other doctors just toss a prescription to me and send me on my way, but Dr. Stoney has taken the time to actually look into my condition and more than that, help TREAT it instead of masking it with medication. He can be late some of the time, but that's usually if you have an appointment late in the day. The staff is pretty good, but can be somewhat cold over the phone. Don't let that deter you, however, he is an excellent doctor.
Paid (or co-pay): $10
RID: 754225
03/01/09 5 5 5 5 Just amazing. I didn't think I could find relief. Finally my friend referred me to Dr. Stoney. He is the most wonderful physician I have ever known.
Respond

18/06/08 SYSTEM: 4 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 592626

17/05/08 1 3 1 1 After a series of 3 epidural steroid injections for back pain, I grew facial hair, gained 30 lbs & developed a classic "moon face". Upon discussion with Dr. Stoney about these issues, he dismissed my complaints & denied injecting steroids, only B12 vitamins. Hello?!?!? So, either he admitted to insurance fraud by billing for steroids, falsified medical records by stating he injected steroids, or is an incompetent MD as well as an arrogant creep.
See Responses
RID: 354337
26/06/07 4 5 5 I have been a paitient of Dr. Stoney for more than ten years. As a person with chronic pain, back and knee, and other, Dr. Stoney has given me a life I am able to fuction in. He is not only knowledgeable, but extremly caring, he listen. He get my highest recommondation.
* - Rating left by a registered user