Dr. Gordon Gubitz

Rate Dr. Gordon Gubitz

Dr. Gordon Gubitz's Ratings

Amazing bedside manner. Kind and helpful. QE is lucky to have him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2559910].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2014

Dr Gubitz saw my father when he suffered his TIA and his brain stem dissection. He was very knowledgeable, kind, and was the type of doctor who my father clicked with.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2537930].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2014

DR. Gubitz is a great doctor. I was only 50 years old when I had mild stroke .I am now on the pill.it looks like the pill I am taking s good working . Thank you DOCTOR !

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2440726].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

Dr. Gubitz saw my husband who had suffered a severe stroke. He was sincere, knowledgeable, helpful and got things done. The facility (Halifax Infirmary) is fantastic! In a world which was foreign to us, we felt well guided thanks to Dr. Gubitz and a most amazing stroke team!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1068899].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 3, 2013

I met Dr. Gubitz for the first time today and came away feeling joyful. I have had the good fortune to be treated by a number of excellent physicians but Gord Gubitz is head and shoulders above everyone else. He is very knowledgeable without a trace of arrogance or condescension; patient, kind, generous with his time, so personable I felt that he was a caring friend. He is respectful to both his staff and his patients, has a wonderful sense of humour, is very thorough, and inspires complete confidence.Anyone referred to him is a very lucky person.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1068898].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 10, 2013

Met with Dr. Gubitz yesterday for the first time. Absolutely fantastic meeting. Great doctor, extremely knowledgeable and caring, great sense of humor, and a very helpful guy. I came away from that meeting feeling great, that I had learned a great deal and that I had someone in my corner willing to help. 10 out of 10 in my books.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1068897].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2013

Dr Gubitz saw my father in law after he had a stroke. I was the main caregiver and he showed a considerable amount of both compassion and expertise. I was particularly pleased with the way he treated my father in law. Despite the fact that the stroke left him severely incapacitated without the ability to be understood, he treated him with respect and caring, never speaking down to him as many were in the habit of doing. He also took the time (and patience) to explain everything to me, including what I could expect going forward. If I should have a stroke take me straight to Dr. Gubitz.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1068896].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 7, 2011

He is fine if you suit him, but did nothing for my mother but leave her spirit broken. Didn't even try to help her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1068895].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2011

Dr. Gubitz is one of the most sincere, caring and amazing doctors I have ever had. If you need a highly intelligent, knowledgable neurologist who is current with recent advances in his field he is definitely your man. He never makes you feel rushed, encourages you to ask questions and voice concerns,and helps you understand the complexities of your diagnosis. I have been under the care of several neurologists after suffering a carotid dissection several years ago and can say without a doubt that you will not find a more dedicated caring doctor in Nova Scotia, he is outstanding. I must also mention that the neurology staff at the QEII have been amazing as well and I commend their team approach to patient care. Your efforts are noticed and most appreciated!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1068894].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2009

Dr Gubitz saw my wife in the emergency clinic at 11PM after his intern had done her assesment. She called to consult with him and found out he was still in the hospital after being there all day. Dr Gubitz recognised neurological symptoms that a previous ER had discharged my wife with. He had a bed by midnight and passed my wife over to Dr Maxner. Dr Gubitz checked on my wife while on the 8th floor even though she was not under his care. Excellent compasionate man with some very fortunate Patients and Interns.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1068893].votes_count ]]