Rate Dr. Michael R. Towarnicky

Dr. Michael R. Towarnicky's Ratings

My first few appointments with Dr. Towarnicky went amazingly well aside from the 1 hour I spent in the exam room my first visit just waiting on the doctor to appear. He seemed to be knowledgeable about thyroid conditions, wanted to prescribe natural thyroid replacement meds, and after I asked for it, ran the FT4 & FT3 lab tests, and even went so far as to telling me that he would treat me based on my symptoms. 6 months later, that all changed though. He seemed to not remember anything he had said before, now all of a sudden he didn't like prescribing NDT, never ran the FT4/FT3 lab tests again, and even would only run the TSH test to base treatment on. He would roll his eyes when I would list off symptoms, and make me feel like I was totally inconveniencing him with my problems. Dr. Towarnicky, instead of wanting to treat my actual thyroid disease and the fact that I don't have a thyroid, wanted to treat the individual symptoms due to hypothyroidism. How many RXs can a 30yo take?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][358067].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 30, 2012

Absolutely love this doctor and his staff! For years, I've been dealing with a particular issue and had terrible experiences with other doctors trying to get myself well again. Dr. Towarnicky has actually given me hope! His staff are really friendly, and the Doctor himself is a miracle worker! In an age where most doctors are too busy to actually take their time with the patients they see, Dr. Towarnicky is a breath of fresh air! I'm looking at moving out of state, and will positively be making special road trips just so I don't have to start at ground zero with another doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][358066].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 6, 2012

This doctor is a very good choice for thyroid patients, even though this isn't listed as one of his "specialities." He isn't afraid to listen to the patient and up thyroid meds (natural or synthetic) as needed though he does seem to prefer synthetic. If you have searched for a doctor that isn't totally dominated by what your TSH score reads on a lab sheet, this may be a great doc. to help you on your raod to wellness. He does listen and really seems to care which is actually rare these days too. I have had to wait to see this doctor, but he is good enough that I didn't complain (or leave, as I have for others that definitely weren't worth waiting for.) Must say though, it is better for him if you don't have multiple issues going on. I am the type of "impatient patient" that tries to kill three birds with one stone and he is a very busy guy......just remember this. Best to save that for an Allergist/Rheumatologist and then prepare yourself for the 3 or 4 month wait to get in!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][358065].votes_count ]]