Dr. Alexander Paterson

Rate Dr. Alexander Paterson

Dr. Alexander Paterson's Ratings

Wonderful oncologist. He makes you feel comfortable with treatments and procedures and he is aware of all the most recent research and new treatments and will not hesitate to recommend them. I am so happy he was with me on my journey through cancer and a recurrence.

Submitted Sept. 23, 2013 | flag

Dr. Paterson took a wait and see approach after cancer recurrence post chemotherapy. He prescribed the standard suite of anti-cancer drugs, and when the cancer progressed, these drugs were stopped and nothing was given to try and bring the cancer under control. During the course of a multi-year battle with cancer with numerous recurrences, chemotherapy was only used once after the initial cancer diagnosis. A second round of chemotherapy using different chemotherapy drugs was not offered as an option, even when we questioned, until it was too late and could not be administered due to the deteriorated state of health. Staff was good, but did not go beyond what one would expect. Many times we had to wait half an hour beyond appointment time before seeing the doctor. While Dr. Paterson has significant experience, he did not offer anything beyond textbook protocol. Having discussions with him during appointments was a challenge as he was typically in a hurry to see his next patient.

Submitted April 30, 2013 | flag

This doctor is really interested in his work. He's one of the best doctor's I've seen -- very dedicated, interested, and hard working.

Submitted Aug. 28, 2012 | flag

Dr. Paterson is Brilliant and an amazing doctor who is compassionate and has all the time in the world for you. He is world renown and the god father of breast oncology. I owe my life to this man for being a 5 yr survivor. I highly recommend him I would travel to the other side of the continent if I needed to in order to have him as a doctor. Words cannot explain what this man is and what he has done for me and my family.

Submitted Jan. 25, 2012 | flag

amazing doctor!!!! He is brillant, kind, compassionate and makes you feel so at ease with cancer treatments. I highly recommend him - he and his staff have been so wonderful through my cancer journey - professional yet so caring :)

Submitted March 15, 2010 | flag

Dr. Paterson is brilliant. He has lots of experience in Medical Oncology and is also very kind and compassionate with his patients. The Doctor and his staff are very inept at dealing with patient fears of cancer treatments and they work with you and take the time to listen to your concerns. I would highly recommend Dr Paterson.

Submitted May 17, 2008 | flag

He is a world famous doctor with lots of experience. He is caring and kind and deals with patients with respect and compassion. He is a superb doctor.

Submitted Nov. 24, 2007 | flag

Very caring and very knowleageble. I would recomend this doctor to everyone.

Submitted June 23, 2007 | flag