Rate Dr. Shirley Cheong

Dr. Shirley Cheong's Ratings

I have experience with a few dentists in another country, but none of them could compare to Dr. Shirley Cheong. I’m so glad that I have Dr. Cheong take care of my oral health. I have to commute 50+ Km to her office, but it is well worth it.
My biggest problem was one lost tooth. Dr. Cheong urged me to have an implant before too much bone mass is lost due to aging. Dr. Cheong addressed my financial considerations and assured me that it would not hurt. I have very low pain threshold, and I was really frightened about the procedures. I delayed the decision until I heard from someone at work whose implant simply fell off.
It turned out to be completely painless, thanks to Doctor’s skillful hands. Dr. Cheong had both function and aesthetics in her mind. The new tooth was implanted so perfectly that I started using it seamlessly with the other teeth immediately without any problems. After a short while, I could not tell which one was the fake tooth. In less than a year, Dr. Cheong showed me that there was a marked improvement with my oral hygiene. The implant filled the gap where one tooth was missing. Now I can brush my teeth properly, which helps with the overall dental health.
Dr. Cheong also educates me. She is very knowledgeable and communicates clearly with the aid of photos, x-rays, and videos. She teaches me how to communicate with her during procedures that also contributed to the very successful implant. Dr. Cheong is the most skillful dentist I have ever met.
Staffs in the office are very pleasant, helpful, professional, and efficient. Clerical staffs process my insurance claims and remind me of upcoming appointments. I really appreciate the whole team, and I highly recommend Dr. Shirley Cheong and Dr. Kenny Chan, who also takes care of my son.

Submitted Sept. 17, 2014 | flag

My experience with this office, from initial call to the front desk, to waiting and waiting, then put in a room with not clean floors and cabinetry- they touch them with their gloves then in my mouth???? When I politely expressed my concerns I was made to feel awkward, the problem I came for didn't get solved, I was upsold on other things I am not interested in nor came in for to be told to come back.... no follow up, came back, same song and dance. WAs it bad luck? Twice? When I told this to my neighbour he told me worst stories..... this is NOT on my return list. Sorry Dr Cheong but these reveiws make me thing they are wrong.

Submitted Sept. 13, 2014

To fix my bite and straighten my teeth, Dr. Cheong recommended me use Invisaline. I am so pleased with how easy and comfortable Invisaline is. Dr. Cheong was so thorough in explaining the process. She even showed me digital animations of what my teeth looked like before and after Invisaline. She used a new 3-d scanner called iTero to take an image of my teeth. This meant no impressions were needed. I was so impressed at the level of technology and innovation used. I would recommend everyone to see Dr. Cheong!

Submitted May 23, 2014 | flag

I'm so happy with my new veneers and my new smile. Everyone at Dr. Cheong's clinic is so friendly. Before I visited Dr. Cheong, I felt like I had to hide my teeth. I felt insecure becuase of my smile. Every time I smiled or talked, I had to cover my hand. When I had to pose for a picture, I was ashamed of my teeth. After a few of weeks of Dr. Cheong's braces, I felt much more confident with the changes in my teeth. I could feel that my teeth were fixed, and I was so happy that my smile was fixed. And after Dr. Cheong's beautiful CEREC veneers, I felt proud of my teeth for the first time. Even my friends noticed right away! My previous insecurities were gone, and what was left was complete freedom. Now, I can talk, smile and feel good about having my picture taken. Her hands are simply magic -- my previous dentist in Hong Kong was nothing compared to Dr. Cheong. Thank you so very much for all you've done for me, Dr. Cheong!

Submitted April 19, 2014 | flag

I found Dr. Cheong through this website and LOVE her. Everyone who works there seems so happy to be there. Dr. C. is right on top of her profession. My boyfriend, who has more serious teeth issues than me and who is extraordinarily sensitive, loves her. He thinks she is the best dentist ever. She is also sensitive to his financial limitations.

Submitted Jan. 24, 2014 | flag

I went to see them because I had Gingivitis. I'm feeling better now that I saw Dr. Shirley and her husband. They suggested I go on antibiotics. Slowly, but surely I'm feeling better. Their service and knowledge was excellent. It's just a bit expensive. A lot of people say their technology is amazing, and I would have to agree.

Submitted Nov. 22, 2013 | flag

We were in disarray. A previous huge problem related to already installed implants (5 of them). Infections and complications were pressing us to find a good doctor. And we found her. Dr. Shirley is that doctor who we hoped all life to find. We can sustain and recommend this doctor with all confidence to anybody. Her knowledge and adaptation to the worst scenarios beside the dental work is what we enjoyed. Despite the fact that a ceramic crown can be installed in just one appointment (she has a high tech cabinet) we have been impressed about the perfect liaison between dental work and computer science and knowledge involved on her daily work . It's very hard to fix a broken job instead of building something new from scratch. And she did it. WE ARE HAPPY! And we recommend her from the bottom of our hearts. There could be some small concerns here and there but in comparison with the huge and great work, all our concerns became trivialities. Note: great help provided with our Insurance.

Submitted July 25, 2013 | flag

Dr. Shirley Cheong had done the Vanier work for me recently and I was very impressed with her excellent dental skills. She’s very knowledgeable in this area and because of her super excellent skills and work, now I can smile and laugh whole heartedly and proudly showing my teeth to my family and friends. I won’t hesitate to recommend Dr. Cheong to all my relatives and friends. Thank you again, Dr. Cheong, for your dedication to your work and excellent skills!

Submitted April 3, 2013 | flag

Having heard and read some horror stories about root canal procedures, my experience with Dr. Shirley and her partner Dr. Kenny was a pleasant surprise. Dr. Shirley is definitely passionate about what she does. Not only does she practice dentistry, she also educates her patients! Thank you Dr. Shirley and thanks also to your wonderful staff!

Submitted June 8, 2012 | flag

Dr. Cheong is an excellent dentist whose very knowledgeable of her practice. She has a true passion for her job and it definitely shows in her work; I had many problems with my teeth before I saw her but she fixed my implants, bite and brought my happy smile back! I would recommend Dr. Cheong to my family and friends who are looking for a knowledgeable and sincere dentist. I would also like to add that Dr. Cheong’s staff members are fantastic; they are professional, efficient and very friendly with the patients. Keep up the good work, Dr. Cheong and staff!

Submitted Feb. 3, 2012 | flag