Rate Dr. Shirley Cheong

Dr. Shirley Cheong's Ratings

Funny stuff going on with our insurance. Not clear at the time what is being billed. staff are not helpful or upfront. Been there twice. Will not be returning. Lots of fumbling around if you ask me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2584247].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 19, 2014

Dr. Shirley Cheong's response
Please let us know the detail of the situation so we can look into the matter. We help our patients with their insurance claim electronically on the same day and inform them with a walk-out statement at the end of the appointment showing them what had been done.

Submitted Oct. 22, 2014

Following her suggestions to custom made my comfortable high tech night guard in her clinic after my root canal treatment is the smartest dental decision I have ever made. The headache in the morning was gone because I cannot clench any more over night - something I was totally unaware of before. My cavities were also treated almost painlessly without a needle. Feel safe in a gentle, skillful and smart hand.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2579780].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2014

My implant teeth helped me with my smile and function for 18 years. Everyone gives me compliment about my smile and I have no problem showing my teeth in pictures. I am extremely satisfied.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2550404].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

Listening to her explain my condition on the computer screen, then go through the options, Dr. Shirley exudes confidence and instills trust. After the explanations, I decided on doing a bridge. I was quite surprised it can be done in one visit. Dr. Shirley has installed the latest Cerec in the office which carves out the bridge thus saving time and money for the patient. I like a professional up on the latest technologies of the profession.
Indeed, I found out she was once a lecturer at the U of T dental school. At the forefront of the theoretical aspects and from experience in her chair, dexterous in the skills, with Dr. Shirley, I know I am being treated by the best.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2546022].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2014

I have experience with a few dentists in another country, but none of them could compare to Dr. Shirley Cheong. I’m so glad that I have Dr. Cheong take care of my oral health. I have to commute 50+ Km to her office, but it is well worth it.
My biggest problem was one lost tooth. Dr. Cheong urged me to have an implant before too much bone mass is lost due to aging. Dr. Cheong addressed my financial considerations and assured me that it would not hurt. I have very low pain threshold, and I was really frightened about the procedures. I delayed the decision until I heard from someone at work whose implant simply fell off.
It turned out to be completely painless, thanks to Doctor’s skillful hands. Dr. Cheong had both function and aesthetics in her mind. The new tooth was implanted so perfectly that I started using it seamlessly with the other teeth immediately without any problems. After a short while, I could not tell which one was the fake tooth. In less than a year, Dr. Cheong showed me that there was a marked improvement with my oral hygiene. The implant filled the gap where one tooth was missing. Now I can brush my teeth properly, which helps with the overall dental health.
Dr. Cheong also educates me. She is very knowledgeable and communicates clearly with the aid of photos, x-rays, and videos. She teaches me how to communicate with her during procedures that also contributed to the very successful implant. Dr. Cheong is the most skillful dentist I have ever met.
Staffs in the office are very pleasant, helpful, professional, and efficient. Clerical staffs process my insurance claims and remind me of upcoming appointments. I really appreciate the whole team, and I highly recommend Dr. Shirley Cheong and Dr. Kenny Chan, who also takes care of my son.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2539529].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2014

My experience with this office, from initial call to the front desk, to waiting and waiting, then put in a room with not clean floors and cabinetry- they touch them with their gloves then in my mouth???? When I politely expressed my concerns I was made to feel awkward, the problem I came for didn't get solved, I was upsold on other things I am not interested in nor came in for to be told to come back.... no follow up, came back, same song and dance. WAs it bad luck? Twice? When I told this to my neighbour he told me worst stories..... this is NOT on my return list. Sorry Dr Cheong but these reveiws make me thing they are wrong.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2535790].votes_count ]]

Submitted Sept. 13, 2014

To fix my bite and straighten my teeth, Dr. Cheong recommended me use Invisaline. I am so pleased with how easy and comfortable Invisaline is. Dr. Cheong was so thorough in explaining the process. She even showed me digital animations of what my teeth looked like before and after Invisaline. She used a new 3-d scanner called iTero to take an image of my teeth. This meant no impressions were needed. I was so impressed at the level of technology and innovation used. I would recommend everyone to see Dr. Cheong!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2440864].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 23, 2014

I'm so happy with my new veneers and my new smile. Everyone at Dr. Cheong's clinic is so friendly. Before I visited Dr. Cheong, I felt like I had to hide my teeth. I felt insecure becuase of my smile. Every time I smiled or talked, I had to cover my hand. When I had to pose for a picture, I was ashamed of my teeth. After a few of weeks of Dr. Cheong's braces, I felt much more confident with the changes in my teeth. I could feel that my teeth were fixed, and I was so happy that my smile was fixed. And after Dr. Cheong's beautiful CEREC veneers, I felt proud of my teeth for the first time. Even my friends noticed right away! My previous insecurities were gone, and what was left was complete freedom. Now, I can talk, smile and feel good about having my picture taken. Her hands are simply magic -- my previous dentist in Hong Kong was nothing compared to Dr. Cheong. Thank you so very much for all you've done for me, Dr. Cheong!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2440863].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 19, 2014

I found Dr. Cheong through this website and LOVE her. Everyone who works there seems so happy to be there. Dr. C. is right on top of her profession. My boyfriend, who has more serious teeth issues than me and who is extraordinarily sensitive, loves her. He thinks she is the best dentist ever. She is also sensitive to his financial limitations.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1072378].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 24, 2014

I went to see them because I had Gingivitis. I'm feeling better now that I saw Dr. Shirley and her husband. They suggested I go on antibiotics. Slowly, but surely I'm feeling better. Their service and knowledge was excellent. It's just a bit expensive. A lot of people say their technology is amazing, and I would have to agree.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1072377].votes_count ]]