Rate Dr. Shirley Cheong

Dr. Shirley Cheong's Ratings

Dr Shirley Cheong and her dedicated team are TRULY WONDERFUL. She treats a prospective patient with dignity and kindness . She provides a detailed description of every procedure and works with expertise , enthusiasm, patience and care. I believe that, at her clinic, it is not possible to obtain better dental care in the Toronto area. Her specially chosen reception desk people are very charming, knowledgeable and extremely helpful.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2642396].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2014

From Norman Macleod-----Professor of Engineering and Applied Mathematics. (Scotland and Canada,)
To Dr Ken and Dr Shirley

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2631116].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 24, 2014

At the urging of my friends, I left my dentist of 15+ years to see Dr. Shirley. Had I known just how much she cares about each individual patient, her integrity and passion for dentistry, I probably would have gone to see her way sooner.

We're doing Invisalign braces together and part way through, I noticed something that I didn't like and worried that my smile would turn out badly.
I asked Dr. Shirley about it and she agreed: we needed to do something about it. She not only reassured me that this was fixable, but also gave me multiple options on how to fix it. We ended up ordering extra trays (at no extra cost) and this is just one way she has cared for me and my family.
I whole-heartedly recommend Dr. Shirley, her husband - Dr. Kenny and their amazing staff to everyone. Truly the best dentists ever.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2597829].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2014

Our family has been seeing Dr. Shirley for many years. Not only did she fix my long term gum disease, my smile has been restored and I no longer need to cover my mouth to smile. This is a very unique dentist that I felt comfortable to talk to because she listens and attends to my needs.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2594203].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 26, 2014

Funny stuff going on with our insurance. Not clear at the time what is being billed. staff are not helpful or upfront. Been there twice. Will not be returning. Lots of fumbling around if you ask me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2584247].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 19, 2014

Dr. Shirley Cheong's response
Please let us know the detail of the situation so we can look into the matter. We help our patients with their insurance claim electronically on the same day and inform them with a walk-out statement at the end of the appointment showing them what had been done.

Submitted Oct. 22, 2014

Following her suggestions to custom made my comfortable high tech night guard in her clinic after my root canal treatment is the smartest dental decision I have ever made. The headache in the morning was gone because I cannot clench any more over night - something I was totally unaware of before. My cavities were also treated almost painlessly without a needle. Feel safe in a gentle, skillful and smart hand.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2579780].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2014

My implant teeth helped me with my smile and function for 18 years. Everyone gives me compliment about my smile and I have no problem showing my teeth in pictures. I am extremely satisfied.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2550404].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

Listening to her explain my condition on the computer screen, then go through the options, Dr. Shirley exudes confidence and instills trust. After the explanations, I decided on doing a bridge. I was quite surprised it can be done in one visit. Dr. Shirley has installed the latest Cerec in the office which carves out the bridge thus saving time and money for the patient. I like a professional up on the latest technologies of the profession.
Indeed, I found out she was once a lecturer at the U of T dental school. At the forefront of the theoretical aspects and from experience in her chair, dexterous in the skills, with Dr. Shirley, I know I am being treated by the best.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2546022].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2014

I have experience with a few dentists in another country, but none of them could compare to Dr. Shirley Cheong. I’m so glad that I have Dr. Cheong take care of my oral health. I have to commute 50+ Km to her office, but it is well worth it.
My biggest problem was one lost tooth. Dr. Cheong urged me to have an implant before too much bone mass is lost due to aging. Dr. Cheong addressed my financial considerations and assured me that it would not hurt. I have very low pain threshold, and I was really frightened about the procedures. I delayed the decision until I heard from someone at work whose implant simply fell off.
It turned out to be completely painless, thanks to Doctor’s skillful hands. Dr. Cheong had both function and aesthetics in her mind. The new tooth was implanted so perfectly that I started using it seamlessly with the other teeth immediately without any problems. After a short while, I could not tell which one was the fake tooth. In less than a year, Dr. Cheong showed me that there was a marked improvement with my oral hygiene. The implant filled the gap where one tooth was missing. Now I can brush my teeth properly, which helps with the overall dental health.
Dr. Cheong also educates me. She is very knowledgeable and communicates clearly with the aid of photos, x-rays, and videos. She teaches me how to communicate with her during procedures that also contributed to the very successful implant. Dr. Cheong is the most skillful dentist I have ever met.
Staffs in the office are very pleasant, helpful, professional, and efficient. Clerical staffs process my insurance claims and remind me of upcoming appointments. I really appreciate the whole team, and I highly recommend Dr. Shirley Cheong and Dr. Kenny Chan, who also takes care of my son.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2539529].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2014

My experience with this office, from initial call to the front desk, to waiting and waiting, then put in a room with not clean floors and cabinetry- they touch them with their gloves then in my mouth???? When I politely expressed my concerns I was made to feel awkward, the problem I came for didn't get solved, I was upsold on other things I am not interested in nor came in for to be told to come back.... no follow up, came back, same song and dance. WAs it bad luck? Twice? When I told this to my neighbour he told me worst stories..... this is NOT on my return list. Sorry Dr Cheong but these reveiws make me thing they are wrong.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2535790].votes_count ]]