Rate Dr. Galina Karpenko

Dr. Galina Karpenko's Ratings

Dr. Karpenko is really special. She has such a gift for sharing information in a way that you will understand it. She cares about who you are and what your story is. She is encouraging and supportive. I could ask as many questions as I needed. She called me at night and even on weekends when I needed to get info from her. The staff at the office was warm and friendly and helpful. I got to know them all by name. Dr. Karpenko is so comforting and I couldn't have wished for a better experience. When people ask me about her I just say, some people were meant to be doctors and she is one of them!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2656613].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2014

Dr. Karpenko is a wonderful doctor. She is a very professional, knowledgeable, extremely patient and a very caring person. Her staff is great. I would highly recommend her!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2615889].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 12, 2014

Excellent bedside manners. Always returns calls. Great staff. Only con is the long wait to see Dr K at almost every appt but she's worth the wait.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2578619].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2014

I love Dr. Karpenko. I started seeing her a few years ago just for annual checkups. Then, when my husband and I wanted to have a baby, we discussed conception. While I was trying to conceive, I had some questions, and she was very quick to return phone calls and discuss my concerns. Right when I found out I was pregnant, I had some spotting, and Dr. Karpenko saw me THAT DAY. She confirmed my pregnancy and put me on some extra hormones to support the pregnancy. She monitored me and saw me the next week (the spotting had stopped) and two weeks thereafter when we heard the heartbeat. Since she doesn't deliver, I am switching doctors for the duration of my pregnancy, but I can't thank Dr. Karpenko enough for her help and support. She has excellent bedside manner and is so knowledgeable and willing to take the time to answer all your questions. I am looking forward to seeing her again post-pregnancy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2546286].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2014

Dr Karpenko is hands down the best gynecologist in NYC! She is extremely knowledgeable about her field and gives thorough explanations. She is also very prompt at getting back to you if there is an issue or a question, she has responded to me and followed up on my condition even while she was on vacation. It is obvious how much she cares about her patients. In addition, the office staff was friendly, courteous, and efficient. I would highly recommend Dr. Karpenko and her stuff. I travel out of town just so I could be seen be her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2540052].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2014

acupuncturist recommended Dr. Karpenko, and so I went to see her. Boy, I was deeply frustrated and disappointed. these people are rude esp. the nurse named Elizabeth.. Very mean nurse. On my first visit, Dr. Karpenko gave me a prescription for femara or Letrozole. I know she is supposed to check my blood works for pregnancy test and hormonal level before prescribing this medication. But she never did. On my second cycle, she prescribed the same femara with HCG shot. I am supposed to do IUI this cycle however, she was on a conference that week. . So , I saw Dr. Vidalli instead. This man should not be working as a doctor. Very unprofessional and odd. He did ultrasound and said that my follicles were mature. He then gave me prescription for HCG shot and to come in on Saturday for IUI. He said he will call me when to take the shot and what time to come in onSaturday. He never called. I called the clinic on Friday afternoon but they were closed. I called again on Saturday, and again they're closed. Now, I did not take the shot and ended with big cysts. I will do anything in my power to complain these incompetent doctors to the board. And please for those people who are looking for a good RE, don't come to these doctors. Spare yourself from heartache and frustrations. I fired my acupuncturist as well for giving me a false recommendation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2526529].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 6, 2014

Dr. Karpenko is by far the best doctor I've met in the fertility/high risk field (or any OBGYN in general). She is very knowledgeable, direct yet very friendly. I was amazed when she returned every singe phone call and even called to check on me on a weekend. Her treatment was exactly what I needed. She was so much more experienced and her diagnose was always correct. The office is very clean, I actually never had to wait more than 15 minutes (which I didn't mind at all becasue it's a very nice environment). All of Dr. Karpenko's staff is very helpful and friendly (thank you Michelle for helping with the blood test :) I'm very thankful Dr Karpenko was recommended to me (by an acupuncturist). What she does is noble.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2482473].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2014

I can't say enough about Dr. Karpenko and her wonderful staff. My husband and I went through so much in the process of having our son and it was very comforting to know that we had a doctor who was caring and patient. She called me personally to check-in to see how I was doing. I am so grateful that I found this doctor! Also, it is important to add that her staff was so caring and personable. This office is full of professionals who are not only caring, but approachable. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2440919].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 6, 2014

A fish is as good or bad from the head down. Dr Karpenko is not only brilliant at what she does; she is also caring and patient. Her staff is amazing. They reflect her values and professionalism. As a health care professional myself I would highly recommend Dr Karpenko in a heartbeat.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1073975].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 5, 2014

Dr. Karpenko is simply AMAZING. I have been treated with her for about 4 months. She is knowledgeable and answers all your questions whether in person or on the phone. Her office is friendly, although the wait can be a bit much it is worth every minute. The compassion and ambition she has to help her patients is amazing and not found in doctors anymore.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1073974].votes_count ]]