Rate Dr. Nicholas R. Taweel

Dr. Nicholas R. Taweel's Ratings

I find Dr. Taweel to be very knowledgeable and highly practiced at his art of healing. He explains everything, all options, thoroughly--from doing nothing, through surgical options. He prefers to treat conservatively, which is my personal preference, and does all he can to mitigate pain. I have seen him before, and will be back to see him again.

Submitted May 9, 2014 | flag

The worst encounter with a doctor that I have experience EVER. Dr. Taweel never looks you in the eyes, the only reason why he is rated 3in punctuality is because the visits are so fast it is quicker that buying fast food at a fast food chain. I went Dr. Taweel in 2012 for an right ankle injury and I have been placed in a plaster cast twice, and had to wear a foot brace for an ENTIR year but to pain relief. Dr. Taweel never provided me with a dignosis even when asked. I recently found another physcian that was efficient and provided me with a diagnosis and a treatment plan. STAY AWAY!!!

Submitted April 22, 2014 | flag

Dr. Taweel treated me for a broken 5th Metatarsal. I was able to get in to see him soon after it happened. He answered all my questions and talked to me for as long as I needed. He explained my injury and gave me the prognosis for my recovery. I was given time to heal and equipment to help with the healing process. I am now finishing PT and feel confident to return to my job/career. I highly recommend Dr. Taweel for any foot problem. Karen his assistant will always return your calls promptly.

Submitted April 8, 2014 | flag

I went for a second opinion from Brandywine. Dr Taweel took an exray and told me there was "nothing" that could be done with my ankle and gave me a mofa brace in 2011. He never mentioned the fractures of my tibia and fibula. after years of pain, i sought another opinion. Thank God I did, surgery is scheduled and I hope to get my life back after years of suffering. Rothman is not the be all end all! Get another opinion

Submitted Jan. 3, 2014 | flag

Dr. Taweel is very rushed when he comes to see me. I feel if I were using my personal insurance, I would be treated better. Being that I am on workers compensation I get treated like a "step child"! Some days I just want to use my personal insurance for this injury so I can have a piece of mind. He has dismissed me every time over the past year when I say that I still have pain in my foot. Now I need surgery!! Unbelievable!! He is professional and friendly but I believe that insurance plays a major factor in the treatment that is received. :(

Submitted Dec. 21, 2013 | flag

I saw Dr. Taweel for a fracture in my foot. I was initially very scared, having previously being led to believe by another dr. I would need surgery, Dr.Taweel quickly put me at ease by taking the time to talk to me about my situation & the treatment going forward. Then, about a week later, I experienced what I thought was merely muscle cramping in my calf of the fracture. Within minutes of contacting his office regarding pain treatment, he returned my call personally and had me get an ultrasound. Turns out, his hunch was correct and I had a bloot clot!!!! If not for Dr. Taweel's quick thinking & response, I may not be here to write this today!! Words do not do justice for my gratitude!!!!

Submitted Nov. 2, 2013 | flag

Seems professional and friendly but didn't appear to take the time to listen and explain more about my foot injury. Seems to rush off quickly to the next patient each time I'm there.

Submitted Aug. 28, 2013 | flag

Dr. Taweel is the reason I had 2 have a total ankle reconstruction. He totally dismissed what I told him about the pain in my ankle. Sent me 2 pt & after 8 weeks of it I was advised by the medical workerscomp Dr.& physical therapist that I should seek a second opinion. When I did I was told that my fractured fibula bone had completely broke off tearing the ligaments with it. If Dr. Taweel would have actually taken the time 2 actually treat me & had listened 2 me I feel that my ankle would have healed better. It has been 10 months since my initial break & I'm in cast & still can't walk. Thank God I Gould s Dr. that actually listened & correctly diagnosed me.

Submitted Oct. 26, 2012 | flag

The Lord give us special talented people to do His work on Earth. I praise and thank Him for Dr. Taweel!!!

Submitted May 20, 2012 | flag

Dr.Taweel is absolutely the best foot specialist. Dr. Taweel is an expert diagnostician, he is able to see the big picture and focus on the acute details. He is confident in his treatment plan and knows how to help his patients overcome injury. Dr. Taweel was able to finally provide me with relief from plantar fascitis, heel spurs and connective tissue tears. He also took my sport (heavy athletics) seriously and gave me confidence to deal with adaptations so that I wouldn't have to give up my sport totally. Dr. Taweel's specialization in physical therapy is a real asset. He is honest about chronic injury healing time and conveys optimism in his professional care giving. Thank you Dr. Taweel.

Submitted Feb. 14, 2012 | flag