Dr. Nicholas R. Taweel

Grad. Year: 1991

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Y
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.1 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 21 reviews. Dr. Nicholas R. Taweel has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Podiatrist-related: foot problems, foot surgery, podiatry
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

27/06/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 2.1
RID: 5462969
09/05/14 5 5 5 5 I find Dr. Taweel to be very knowledgeable and highly practiced at his art of healing. He explains everything, all options, thoroughly--from doing nothing, through surgical options. He prefers to treat conservatively, which is my personal preference, and does all he can to mitigate pain. I have seen him before, and will be back to see him again.
RID: 5416220
22/04/14 2 3 1 1 The worst encounter with a doctor that I have experience EVER. Dr. Taweel never looks you in the eyes, the only reason why he is rated 3in punctuality is because the visits are so fast it is quicker that buying fast food at a fast food chain. I went Dr. Taweel in 2012 for an right ankle injury and I have been placed in a plaster cast twice, and had to wear a foot brace for an ENTIR year but to pain relief. Dr. Taweel never provided me with a dignosis even when asked. I recently found another physcian that was efficient and provided me with a diagnosis and a treatment plan. STAY AWAY!!!
RID: 5337179
08/04/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Taweel treated me for a broken 5th Metatarsal. I was able to get in to see him soon after it happened. He answered all my questions and talked to me for as long as I needed. He explained my injury and gave me the prognosis for my recovery. I was given time to heal and equipment to help with the healing process. I am now finishing PT and feel confident to return to my job/career. I highly recommend Dr. Taweel for any foot problem. Karen his assistant will always return your calls promptly.
RID: 3646895
03/01/14 2 2 1 1 I went for a second opinion from Brandywine. Dr Taweel took an exray and told me there was "nothing" that could be done with my ankle and gave me a mofa brace in 2011. He never mentioned the fractures of my tibia and fibula. after years of pain, i sought another opinion. Thank God I did, surgery is scheduled and I hope to get my life back after years of suffering. Rothman is not the be all end all! Get another opinion
RID: 3636930
21/12/13 5 5 4 4 Dr. Taweel is very rushed when he comes to see me. I feel if I were using my personal insurance, I would be treated better. Being that I am on workers compensation I get treated like a "step child"! Some days I just want to use my personal insurance for this injury so I can have a piece of mind. He has dismissed me every time over the past year when I say that I still have pain in my foot. Now I need surgery!! Unbelievable!! He is professional and friendly but I believe that insurance plays a major factor in the treatment that is received. :(
RID: 3593749
02/11/13 5 5 5 5 I saw Dr. Taweel for a fracture in my foot. I was initially very scared, having previously being led to believe by another dr. I would need surgery, Dr.Taweel quickly put me at ease by taking the time to talk to me about my situation & the treatment going forward. Then, about a week later, I experienced what I thought was merely muscle cramping in my calf of the fracture. Within minutes of contacting his office regarding pain treatment, he returned my call personally and had me get an ultrasound. Turns out, his hunch was correct and I had a bloot clot!!!! If not for Dr. Taweel's quick thinking & response, I may not be here to write this today!! Words do not do justice for my gratitude!!!!  Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Nicholas" to "Nicholas R."
RID: 2820611
28/08/13 5 5 2 3 Seems professional and friendly but didn't appear to take the time to listen and explain more about my foot injury. Seems to rush off quickly to the next patient each time I'm there.
RID: 2458880

26/10/12 4 5 2 1 Dr. Taweel is the reason I had 2 have a total ankle reconstruction. He totally dismissed what I told him about the pain in my ankle. Sent me 2 pt & after 8 weeks of it I was advised by the medical workerscomp Dr.& physical therapist that I should seek a second opinion. When I did I was told that my fractured fibula bone had completely broke off tearing the ligaments with it. If Dr. Taweel would have actually taken the time 2 actually treat me & had listened 2 me I feel that my ankle would have healed better. It has been 10 months since my initial break & I'm in cast & still can't walk. Thank God I Gould s Dr. that actually listened & correctly diagnosed me.  Respond
RID: 2149155
20/05/12 5 5 5 5 The Lord give us special talented people to do His work on Earth. I praise and thank Him for Dr. Taweel!!!  Respond

18/03/12 SYSTEM: 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1713573
14/02/12 5 5 5 5 Dr.Taweel is absolutely the best foot specialist. Dr. Taweel is an expert diagnostician, he is able to see the big picture and focus on the acute details. He is confident in his treatment plan and knows how to help his patients overcome injury. Dr. Taweel was able to finally provide me with relief from plantar fascitis, heel spurs and connective tissue tears. He also took my sport (heavy athletics) seriously and gave me confidence to deal with adaptations so that I wouldn't have to give up my sport totally. Dr. Taweel's specialization in physical therapy is a real asset. He is honest about chronic injury healing time and conveys optimism in his professional care giving. Thank you Dr. Taweel.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1559166
12/10/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Taweel was the ONLY compassionate person I encountered in my unending, horrific saga brought on by a broken ankle. was, of course, very pro., friendly, and all around great guy.I very highly recommend Dr. Nicholas Taweel at the Rothman Institute. Sincerely, David Powell
RID: 1498990
29/07/11 5 5 5 5 I cannot thank Dr T enough. I saw him when visiting Philly. I injured my ankle jogging and we thought it was broke. I was fortunate to find him on the internet and called. To my surprise the appointment person put me on hold and she actually called Dr T to ask if he can fit me in. He did and we actually were in the room less than 2 hours after I hung up the phone. Dr T was warm and friendly. He relieved my worry about having a break and actually sent me back for a second xray because he didn’t like the way one turned out. He actually apologized for this but I was happy that he cared to get it just right. He told me what to do for my ankle, gave me brace and then spent time telling me and my husband things to see in Philly even though he was busy. I really never expected this in the city. Afterwards I thought that he knew that he would never see us again and could have been quick with us. It was the opposite, he made us feel like one of his longtime patients. THANK YOU !!!  Respond
RID: 1476538
30/06/11 4 4 1 3 I saw Dr. Taweel for a foot problem I had from runing. I was put in a standard boot, given standard orthotics and given a standard ankle gaunt. Problem with getting the gaunt was that i was sent to physical therapy a couple days later and the therapist was told to get me off of the ankle gaunt that I had worn once. I received "cookbook" care and was very disappointed.
RID: 1471689
23/06/11 5 5 5 5 I had a work injury and got jerked around by the insurance doctor. Dr. Taweel was very understanding of my injury and believed that I was hurt. He got my ankle back to shape and I am now working again with a little stiffness but no real pain. I would definately go to him again.
RID: 1434769
06/05/11 5 5 5 5 Great experience. He really knows his stuff and is very good at explaining things.  Respond
RID: 1373058
26/02/11 5 5 5 5 I had previously been misdiagnosed by two different doctors: one with a stress fracture on my foot and another simply said I needed surgery. I have been in pain for the past year and a half. Dr. Taweel diagnosed me with two dislocated toes and recommended a splint that can be worn in my shoe. I immediately felt relief, so much so that I have started running again. I will be eventually fitted with an orthodic. Although he has told me this is not a cure, it certainly has brought me relief and allowed me to continue an active lifestyle.  Respond
RID: 1372601
25/02/11 4 5 5 5 Drove from New York to see him. Very satisfied with visit. Forward thinking and seemed to be very knowledgable of all of my medical conditions.
RID: 1369628
22/02/11 5 5 5 5 I took my daughter to see him after two doctors and MRI found nothing. He did a thorough exam and found she had a trapped leg nerve. After an injection and nerve stretching exercises she is running again. A+++++
RID: 1220376
02/08/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Taweel diagnosed a broken calcaneus(heel) before he even saw the x-rays. The ER and their radiologist had told me that I had a sprained ankle. He is a terrific doc and is very knowledgeable, practical and realistic. I have recommended him to friends.
RID: 1194078
22/06/10 4 5 5 5 Excellent doctor! He made the correct diagnosis on the first visit when two other doctors missed it. Thank you !!!
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 350638
21/06/07 5 5 5 Outstanding Doctor! He's a very nice person, takes his time and answers your questions, tells you in plain English. Knows his stuff!
Paid (or co-pay): $2000