Dr. D. STEPHEN Hollis

You may also like

Rate Dr. D. STEPHEN Hollis

Dr. D. STEPHEN Hollis's Ratings

I had my surgery done in December. I had immediate results that were positive with some correction needed for my long distance site. I found Dr. Hollis to be very knowledgible and professional. On the other hand I have found his staff to be very unhelpful and almost rude which is not a reflection of the Dr. himself. After several failed attempts to get an appointment to do my final check up, I am still struggeling with my long distance site I am now resigned to go to another Dr that can get my vision stabilized. Sorry to have to do this Dr. Hollis your staff does not do you justice especially the person that answers the phone. Unfortunate......

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2762867].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

I had my Lasik surgery done on both eyes yesterday, 2/26/15. Just went back in today for my check-up and they confirmed that I now have 20/20 vision! Everyone at Dr. Hollis' office were very helpful as well as friendly and professional. Thank you Dr. Hollis!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2738024].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2015

My husband & I both used Dr.Hollis in 2006 for Lasik surgery on both eyes. We have been very pleased, especially my Husband. It has been several years & I need a touch up on one eye, but we would recommend him & are planning on using him for my touch-up :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2726239].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2015

My husband and I both had lasik surgery by Dr. Hollis. We are now 20/20 and pleased with our results. It seems the only ones posting reviews are unhappy. I wanted to leave a positive review. The procedure

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2583651].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2014

I WAS SO HAPPY,,THEY WERE GREAT,,I CAN SEE AS SOON AS WALKED BACK INTO THE ROOM,,I AM VERY HAPPY..MY HUBBY ,MY 2 DAUGHTERS AND SON IN LAW IS GOING NEXT WEEK,,,,I CAN TELL YOU EVERYONE THAT WAS HTERE THE DAY I WENT WAS HAPPY AND VERY IMPRESSED TOO,,WE ALL TALKED AND WE WERE ALL HAPPY ,,THE STAFF IS WONDERFUL AND THE PLACE IS CLEAN,,I LOVED THE DOC,,HE WAS AWESOME

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2577120].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2486464].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2014

I had Lasik done by Dr. Hollis's after a same-day evaluation. His office was very professional and I was given thorough tests using state-of-the-art equipment. I didn't feel pressured into having the procedure afterwards but I went on with it despite the bad reviews I read. It was a slow day with only 2 other patients around. I was in-and-out in about 1hr45min. Dr. Hollis fully answered the questions I had. My only real criticism of the place is that, being a facility that only does Lasik, they go on very non-chalantly about your surgery. This is both good and bad. They do it alot so they think nothing of it, even though it's a life-changing event for the patient. Surgery was a breeze. Excellent assistants helped me throughout. No complications whatsoever. I write this 1 day afterward and I'm not at full 20/20 yet but much improved vision. He told me it can take a week or 2 but he offers free touchup procedures and followup exams for a year.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1076271].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2013

If you are considering Dr Hollis I suggest you review his past and think very hard about using him. I had my surgery with Dr Holiis in April after he told me that there would be no issues to correct my vision so I would not need reading glasses. I specially ask him would he do this if it was his own eyes. I trusted this man a very large mistake on my part. It has been app 90 days I am still severe out of focus and blurness. I did a revisit Hollis on my thirty day checkup and explained to him the issues I was having and I concerned I was with my decision. He wanted to to a touch up that day which give me great concern because I had been researching the LASIK procedures and all consensus was you need to wait at least 90 days. They also dileted my eyes that day and sent my home without any sunglasses or protection from the sun. It was a scary ride home. Currently I am seeing a eye doctor in birmingham and see what can be done to correct my vision. Dr Hollis will never touch my eyes again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1076270].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2013

I went to Dr. Hollis in 1990 for RK. He did cuts and when I went back in 4 weeks he did more cuts. In 1996 I went to him with a problem with my right eye. He did Lasik on top of the RK. In 2000 I noticed my vision was not as good. I went to several doctors and would get glasses and was told that they could not really help me. The glasses would help but not for long. l went to Emory and was told that I was facing corneal transplants. I was not there yet but was close. I have been wearing gas perm lenses and cannot be fitted for glasses at all. I now am facing cataract removal and the Dr. does not want to do transplants except as a last resort becasue I may not be able to wear contacts afterwards. Dr. Hollis ruined my eyes. He even stated that if he had left off at the first cuts I would have been fine. Do not go to this mas. I wish I had not.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1076276].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2013

Please Please don't use this doctor to have your eyes worked on. His technology is more than 17 years old. The procedure itself is really painful despite him telling you that it's not. After having this procedure done several months ago I still can't see but they don't care, hollis is only in it for the money. I now have to go to a different doctor to get my eyes fixed. As soon as I called the new doctor and mentioned the name hollis their response was "Oh No" I feel like such a fool for having used Hollis lasik.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1076277].votes_count ]]