Dr. D. STEPHEN Hollis

Rate Dr. D. STEPHEN Hollis

Dr. D. STEPHEN Hollis's Ratings

Submitted Aug. 7, 2014 | flag

I had Lasik done by Dr. Hollis's after a same-day evaluation. His office was very professional and I was given thorough tests using state-of-the-art equipment. I didn't feel pressured into having the procedure afterwards but I went on with it despite the bad reviews I read. It was a slow day with only 2 other patients around. I was in-and-out in about 1hr45min. Dr. Hollis fully answered the questions I had. My only real criticism of the place is that, being a facility that only does Lasik, they go on very non-chalantly about your surgery. This is both good and bad. They do it alot so they think nothing of it, even though it's a life-changing event for the patient. Surgery was a breeze. Excellent assistants helped me throughout. No complications whatsoever. I write this 1 day afterward and I'm not at full 20/20 yet but much improved vision. He told me it can take a week or 2 but he offers free touchup procedures and followup exams for a year.

Submitted Aug. 20, 2013 | flag

If you are considering Dr Hollis I suggest you review his past and think very hard about using him. I had my surgery with Dr Holiis in April after he told me that there would be no issues to correct my vision so I would not need reading glasses. I specially ask him would he do this if it was his own eyes. I trusted this man a very large mistake on my part. It has been app 90 days I am still severe out of focus and blurness. I did a revisit Hollis on my thirty day checkup and explained to him the issues I was having and I concerned I was with my decision. He wanted to to a touch up that day which give me great concern because I had been researching the LASIK procedures and all consensus was you need to wait at least 90 days. They also dileted my eyes that day and sent my home without any sunglasses or protection from the sun. It was a scary ride home. Currently I am seeing a eye doctor in birmingham and see what can be done to correct my vision. Dr Hollis will never touch my eyes again.

Submitted June 8, 2013 | flag

I went to Dr. Hollis in 1990 for RK. He did cuts and when I went back in 4 weeks he did more cuts. In 1996 I went to him with a problem with my right eye. He did Lasik on top of the RK. In 2000 I noticed my vision was not as good. I went to several doctors and would get glasses and was told that they could not really help me. The glasses would help but not for long. l went to Emory and was told that I was facing corneal transplants. I was not there yet but was close. I have been wearing gas perm lenses and cannot be fitted for glasses at all. I now am facing cataract removal and the Dr. does not want to do transplants except as a last resort becasue I may not be able to wear contacts afterwards. Dr. Hollis ruined my eyes. He even stated that if he had left off at the first cuts I would have been fine. Do not go to this mas. I wish I had not.

Submitted March 12, 2013 | flag

Please Please don't use this doctor to have your eyes worked on. His technology is more than 17 years old. The procedure itself is really painful despite him telling you that it's not. After having this procedure done several months ago I still can't see but they don't care, hollis is only in it for the money. I now have to go to a different doctor to get my eyes fixed. As soon as I called the new doctor and mentioned the name hollis their response was "Oh No" I feel like such a fool for having used Hollis lasik.

Submitted March 8, 2013 | flag

I am 100 percent satisfied with doctor Hollis work I wore glasses from the age of 7 till I had my PRK done when I was 26 my vision beforehand was around 20/60 & now my vision is 20/10 a year later the only reason that I had PRK done instead of LASIK is that my job requires it

Submitted Jan. 7, 2013 | flag

Dr. Hollis performed Lasik surgery on my eyes in March. My eyes are 20/20 and I have had no issues. I couldn't ask for a better experience. I am thankful for the service and expertise that he provides and I definitely recommend him.

Submitted Nov. 19, 2012 | flag

If you let this man touch your eyes you will more than likely regret it. He did Lasik surgery on both of my eyes. He scratched my right eye deeply and I have scarring. Went back and he did Lasik again on my left eye and an enhancement on the right eye. He did not take the time to make sure the flap was fully down before I left. The flap was so messed up that I had to have intense surgery to have it floated back in place by a real surgeon. You can be sure he is in it to make money. You will be lined up like an assembly line. You will not be given the propery care during the procedure and he will perform second and third surgeries before your eye has time to heal properly. He does not maintain a sterile operating environment. After my experince I have heard many horror stories from his former patients. Be forewarned and don't put yourself through this pain, agony and expense.Please take my advice and choose someone other than this man.

Submitted Oct. 2, 2012 | flag

before you go to this doctor check his Georgia records, you might want to rethink. He did cataract surgury on me at the age of 30 not real sure it was needed now have double vision very bad now after finding out about the lawsuits considering my own

Submitted Sept. 3, 2012 | flag

They gave me my money back after surgery. I have incurred over $1000 in additional expenses to try to repair the damage he caused.

Submitted Aug. 9, 2012 | flag