Dr. Ali Moinzadeh

Grad. Year: 1997

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 02/10/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 28 reviews. Dr. Ali Moinzadeh has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Urologist-related: urinary tract, prostate, bladder, erectile dysfunction, kidney stone disease, male infertility, prostate cancer, urinary incontinence
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5422712
24/04/14 5 5 5 5 He is an amazing surgeon/doctor. His reputation proceeded him, in very many informative research. He is kind and caring. His humor is so important in that it aides in relieving so much of the stress. He is an overall wonderful man. I would highly recommend him to everyone in need of Urological services.
Insurance: United Healthcare
Respond

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 2.0
RID: 3645383
31/12/13 5 5 5 5 Early 2013 I had bleeding after urinating and not knowing what was going on with me, I had several consultations and referrals with my PCP and a urologist within the network of my care. I thank God for his further evaluation and consult referral to Dr Moinzadeh who confirmed a condition I was diagnosed with called a patent urachus. Well for most people it fuses after birth. Apparently mine didn't and it bothered me in my mid 30's. He spoke with me and assured me of the available options I had to correct my condition. I chose the procedure he recommended full robotic assist surgery at Lahey Burlington. What a professional and caring doctor with a great team and my experience was nothing short of wonderful as I have healed and fully returned to my life care free of concerns from earlier in the year. All systems are go for me and I thank God for meeting this wonderful Doctor who is blessed with amazing skill and knowledge in this field. I would recommend him without any hesitation at all.
RID: 3598682
07/11/13 5 5 5 5 During initial visit Dr Moinzadeh we reviewed in detail all options that were available. Allowing for an informed decision about choosing robotic assisted partial nephrectomy. Everything went as discussed. Would highly recommend. Also has a good sense humor...  Respond
RID: 3595067
04/11/13 5 5 5 5 i highly recommend dr. moinzadeh. he performed a robotic ureteral reimplantation on me in april of this year. i had suffered a severe ureteral injury during a hysterectomy and spent almost a year with numerous catheters, stents and nephrostomy bags. i was in rough shape and losing hope when i was referred to dr. moinzadeh. i was able to get an appointment right away and he was very reassuring and confident that he could fix my problem once and for all with robotic surgery. which he did. the surgery went great, i was out of the hospital within 24hr. and have fully recovered. i'm healthy, back to practicing yoga everyday and getting on with my life. dr. moinzadeh was really wonderful at putting my mind at ease, making sure i understood exactly what was happening and what my choices were and in answering all of my questions. after all i had been through with the doctor who injured me, dr. moinzadeh really restored my faith in doctors.  Respond
RID: 3589897
29/10/13 5 5 5 5 My 88-year old Dad was diagnosed with Bladder cancer in August. Treatment options that included prolonged chemo/radiation were not acceptable. We were referred to Dr. Moinzadeh at Lahey in Burlington as “The best in the field” for removal of the bladder. Dr. Moinzadeh carefully explained alternatives and risks, thoroughly answered our questions and was very frank about his surgical approach. In October Dr. Moinzadeh removed my Dad’s bladder and prostate in a single surgery using Laproscopic Techniques. Dr. Moinzadeh’s amazing procedure was conducted robotically through six small 2” incisions around Dad’s abdomen, completely eliminating the need for large surgical wounds that would normally take weeks to heal. The day after his surgery, Dad was walking, and was discharged 5 days after his procedure with no discomfort! In addition to being a brilliant surgeon with a great bedside manner, Dr. Moinzadeh surrounds himself with expert, caring staff. We highly recommend Dr. Moinzadeh
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 2552340
06/02/13 5 5 5 5 I was diagnosed with bladder cancer in 2012. BCG treatments were not working and I was recommended to see Dr.Moinzadeh at Lahey Clinic in Burlington.My wife and I agreed that Dr. Moinzadeh was the right choice and I had the surgery on June 1st. He used the Da Vinci robotics procedure to perform complete removal of the bladder and prostate and the operation went perfect.He was able to do 100% nerve sparing on removal of the prostate and sexual function is steadily coming back.The recovery went so well, that I was even able to dance at my daughters wedding a month after surgery.I highly recommend Dr Moinzadeh and his staff because of their expertise and caring attitude. I can't thank them enough!
RID: 2537532
21/01/13 5 5 5 5 Last summer after having taken a CTscan I was told by my urologist that I had tumor on my right kidney that was most likely malignant.He recommended that I should go to the Lahey Clinic where I might have it removed by the Davinci method.My wife and I went and met with Doctor Alireza Moinzedah. After talking with the Doctor we were both ease and totally confident in his ability to do the operation.When I went in for my preop, the CTscan showed some metastasis in the stomach.Doctor Moinzadeh cancelled the operation and scheduled on a new date when he could co-ordinate the kidney operation with a stomach doctor, so that both could be done on the same date which saved me another hospital stay down the road. After my operation I had minimal pain and was home and able to do short walks in 4 days.My recovery went very well and after my latest PETscan without any signs of tumors.I recommend Doctor Moinzedah to everyone I talk with, and suggest that anyone urological problem seek him out.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 2494220
08/12/12 5 5 5 5 I give Dr Moinzadeh a 10 out of 10 across the board! A great human being and a great surgeon with a balance of humility and confidence knowing that a positive approach and perseverance improves the outcome. He encourages everyone with his positive attitude and high level of energy. He believes the patient comes first and has full respect for each person and can keep up with all personalities. Believe me I am a complicated creative type at 61 yrs old. He removed 60% of my right kidney using the DaVinci robotic surgery method. More than half of my kidney had a rare slow growth Chromophobic carcinoma cancer mass. Only 6 small incisions and extremely fast recovery time. After 3 and 6 months follow-ups I am in remission with no problems whatsoever. Don't worry make an appt. for at least a consultation. You will be grateful! Life is wonderful and I thank God thru Jesus Christ for people like Dr Moinzadeh!!!
RID: 2447411
15/10/12 4 5 5 5 Dr. Moinzadeh is the best! When a mass was found on my right kidney during an MRI, I thought my end was near. Dr. Moinzadeh inspired lots of confidence and convinced me to have surgery laparoscopically. I had the surgery two weeks ago. He removed the mass and clean margins so he removed about 20% of my kidney. I have six incisions, 5 are about 1/2 inch in length and the 6th is about 1 inch where the mass was removed. I was in pain for just a couple of days and after the first day, tylenol sufficed. Not only is Dr. Moinzadeh an expert in his field but he has an excellent bed side manner! He managed to calm a very, very nervous patient and answered all my questions even when I asked them several times over.
RID: 2435718
30/09/12 5 4 5 5 I highly recommend Dr. Moinzadeh. I was diagnosed with prostate cancer in April, 2011. After spending several months investigating the options for treatment - radiation, open surgery, and DaVinci robotic surgery - I chose DaVinci robotic surgery with Dr. Moinzadeh. I chose him because of his knowledge, his open and caring manner, his efficient and friendly staff, and the very nice facilities at Lahey Clinic in Burlington. I had the surgery on 09/09/11 and things went very well. I went home the next day and had very little pain. I was out walking in the woods 2 days after the surgery and started jogging again 2 weeks after the surgery. I had some incontinence for about 2 months and then it went away. It took about 9 months before the ED issues subsided with help using viagara. So far, a year after the surgery, my PSA numbers are good. I am very happy that I chose Dr. Moinzadeh and this course of treatment.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2432594
25/09/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Moinzadeh did my robotic prostate surgery. He was excellent to work with, and the results could not be better. No incontinence, no impotence.
Insurance: Harvard-Pilgrim
RID: 2272487
19/06/12 5 5 5 5 Dr.Moinzahed is an outstanding surgeon. When I discussed my robotic surgery with others who had my prostate procedure, I realize my experience and recovery were amazing. I have complete confidence in this doctor. I was impressed with his background and training. I feel that he cares and takes great pride in being the best at what he does. His instructions both before and after surgery indicate he pays attention to details. It matters to him that you have a succesful recovery. He is reasurring and honest with his consultations. His staff, and especially Michelle,indicate an extremely high level of knowledge and competence. The staff is both friendly and efficient. My appointments have always been on time. There are many outstanding surgeons in the Boston area,and I would not hesitate to put Dr. Moindadeh as one of the top on the list.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 2233566
11/06/12 5 5 5 5 Weighing the different treatment options for prostate cancer, part of my decision for going with surgery was my comfort with Dr. Moinzadeh. He is a true professional, and yet still easy to talk with bedside or in the office. I am glad that he performed my procedure.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2021461
14/04/12 5 4 5 5 I had a robotic partial removal of my kidney. Dr Moinzadeh was the third doctor I got an opinion from. He was very detailed and explained the surgery and risks in great detail. He works with a great team. He was able to save part of my kidney. The other doctors wanted to take out the whole kidney. Thank you to the doctor!
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 2015512
13/04/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Moinzadeh is excellent in his professionalism and practice. The surgery was successful and follow up care on schedule with no problems. His care, patience and consideration while explaining the surgical procedure to me and my wife was well appreciated.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1752799
17/03/12 5 5 5 5 Dr Moinzadeh performed prostate surgery on me using DaVinci surgery robot. operation was completely successful. Dr Moinzadeh was punctual, i never had to wait beyond my appointment time. He answered all my questions openly and honestly. i felt confident i was making the right decicions regarding my treatment of prostate cancer.
Paid (or co-pay): $250
RID: 1728456
04/03/12 5 5 5 5 I would highly recommend Dr. Moinzadeh and his team for prostate surgery. Dr. Moinzadeh came highly recommended by my Urologist in N.H.and after checking out other Hospitals in Ma.I choose the Dr. and his team. Michelle was wonderful explaining every step of the procedure. Thanks to the Dr. and his team I am cancer free after 1 year.
RID: 1668390
23/12/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Moinzadeh was really great. Once diagnosed with prostate cancer, he insisted that I evaluate all options before accepting me as a surgical patient. The decision for me was easy; the certainty associated with the surgery vs. radiation and the minimally invasive "DaVinci" procedure was very appealing. The actual experience was very positive; in one morning, surgery done, very little pain, never took more than a couple of Tylenol. Up and walking within hours and home the next day. The catheter was a little weird but very manageable and it's only in for a week or so. Once that was out I pretty much resumed my normal activity other than a couple of cautions to not strain. Slight incontinence but easily managed and gone within a few weeks. Dr. Moinzadeh's skills and knowledge are unsurpassed and I would recommend him and this procedure for anyone facing prostate cancer.
Paid (or co-pay): $500
RID: 1636235
16/11/11 5 5 5 5 I would recommend Dr. Ali Moinzadeh highly. I was operated on on Feb 11, 2011...robotic assisted prostatectomy. Thank goodness there are people like Dr. Moinzadeh in this world....and his staff of professionals. His nerve sparing technique is purely amazing. I have zero ED and zero incontinence and it has only been 9 months. i fell i am very lucky, but a great surgeon is a must. Dr. Moinzadeh is one great surgeon.
Insurance: Aetna
Respond

16/11/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1476021
29/06/11 5 5 5 5 I have only the highest regard for Dr. Moinzadeh. I interviewed several surgeons before selecting him for my prostatectomy and made the decision in part on his responsiveness, in part because I liked the Lahey Clinic, and in part because he was the choice of my local urologist. Although it's been only a couple of weeks since the surgery, I have had no pain, no complications, practically no incontinence, and am far ahead of expectations on ED. I've called Dr. Moinzadeh's office twice with questions and he has responded personally by phone each time on the day of my call. He is clear, thoughtful, and has given me his full attention each time we've spoken. He also responds to email.
Insurance: Harvard-Pilgrim
Respond

22/05/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1285129
03/11/10 5 5 5 5 Dr Moinzadeh is an EXCELLANT Urologist at the Lahey Clinic who specilizes in roboric surgery. My wife and I came to see Dr Moinzadeh for a second opinion. He was recommended to us by a co-worker who had prostate surgery by Dr. Moinzadeh. After meeting with him and discussing my prostate cancer and the procedure he would use to remove the prostate, it was a no brainer, this was the surgeon for us. I had the robotic surgery with nerve bundle sparing process on 28-JUL-2010 . After 10 weeks, I have had no incontinence problems. I am currently cancer free. I would highly recommend Dr Moinzadeh to anyone needing prostate cancer surgery.
RID: 1283591
01/11/10 5 5 1 3 I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR TO ANYONE -- I RECEIVED VERY POOR TREATMENT! I have several congenital birth defects with both kidneys, including a supernumerary kidney (only 70, or so reported in the country) and the major renal artery going to my left kidney is behind my heart. On my first visit, Dr. Moinzadeh walked into the room, without even talking to me or examining me, and told me he did not think it was my kidneys. The very next day, my PCP took me out of work, and placed me on a diurectic because I was so ill. My 2nd appointment with this doctor, I waited 3 hours to see him and never saw him (his nurse filled me in). The test results at Lahey clinic, before my appointment with him, showed even more defects (but, I was told I was fine 'by his nurse', after waiting 3 hours to see him).
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1277928
23/10/10 5 5 5 5 had prostate removed doctor moinzadeh and staff were wonderful
RID: 1189244
14/06/10 5 5 5 5 Extremely professional & inspires confidence in his surgical ability. Surgical outcome as described.
RID: 1089389
26/01/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Moinzadeh performed my robotic prostatetectomy at Upstate Medical Center, Syracuse, NY in May 2006. I had 3T cancer, but I remain cancer free at this date thanks to Dr. Moinzadeh. He is a GREAT doctor, surgeon and a caring person. My wife and I, were sad to see him leave Syracuse, but we are sure he is a great asset to the Urology Dept. at Lahey Clinic. Like other patients from Syracuse have stated, if my PSA rises or I experience any other urological problems, my wife and I will pack the car and head to Lahey and Dr. Moinzadeh
Insurance: BC Med
RID: 1084272
20/01/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Moinzadeh performed prostate surgery on my husband in Nov. 2009. We initially met with him 2 days before the surgery and were very impressed with him, his manor, his knowledge and with the entire Lahey Clinic experience. Dr. Moinzadeh answered all our questions and did an excellent job of the prostatectomy and sparing of necessary nerve bundles. The day of the surgery, he spent time with me explaining everything clearly so I could understand what the surgery involved. My husband and I returned recently for a follow up visit and received the same excellent care. We won't hesitate to offer Dr. Moinzadeh's name to anyone who finds themselves needing prostate surgery. My husband and I owe a depth of gratitude to Dr. Moinzadeh's knowledge and skill as a premier robotic surgeon. Thank you.  Respond
RID: 803544
01/03/09 5 5 5 5 A great Doctor. Was one of the best in Syracuse, and it is sad he moved to Boston, but if I need surgery again I am going to Boston to see him!!Again a great and very knowledgeable doctor.
RID: 396325
02/09/07 5 5 5 5 excellent experience with this doctor. Outstanding result with robot.  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user