Rate Dr. John Birchard

Dr. John Birchard's Ratings

I can't comment on the doctor yet as I have not heard back as to when my appointment for my knee is. I have left two voice messages and they don't call back. Really how hard is it to call people back?? It would take about 47 seconds to call me and provide the information I am asking for. All I want to know is when my appointment will be, how hard is that? You have a book with appointment in it, you find an empty space and you put me in there, then you call me back and say your appointment is on..... It appears that the lack of answering/returning phone calls from the staff is a concern of others, wonder if they read this web site? I really can only comment on the Staff, the other 3 categories are guesses at this point, but from others it looks like the Doctor is a good one !

Submitted Aug. 27, 2013 | flag

You don't want to experience a crisis with your particular problem if Dr Birchard is your physician. When he goes away on a holiday, the office is closed completely and your only backup may be to go to the emergency at the hospital. The receptionist, who I believe is his wife, is very curt and inflexible for appointments and appointment changes. The doctor himself seems very knowledgeable, but it seems that surgery is the ultimate goal and other treatments are just stop-gap measures.

Submitted Aug. 7, 2013 | flag

Have been trying to get into see this Dr based on a referral from another Dr... the receptionist wouldn't even answer the phone after repeated attempts (2 weeks!!) to get an appointment notification from the referral... went into see the Dr and receptionist was snotty and power tripping.. informing me that I will get in when I get in and she's too busy to deal with a referral from THREE weeks ago.Normally I am very patient but when I have already been dealing with excruciating pain for 9 months.. This is needless and I am at the end of my very worn and frayed tether. This IS RIDICULOUS. I hope this DR is as good as the ratings show because his receptionist is very detrimental to his practise.

Submitted July 3, 2013 | flag

great surgeon ,explains what he is going to do so paient knows and understands . very pleasant . I would have him do surgery on me if needed again .

Submitted July 16, 2012 | flag

He did total hip arthroplasty on my husband 18 months ago, expertly and without any post-op complications whatsoever. You won't find a better orthopod (if you're lucky enough to know someone knowledgeable on the 'inside' of the system, ask them discretely and you'll hear the same thing: go to John Birchard.)

Submitted Feb. 1, 2012 | flag

Dr, Birchard is a great orthopedic surgeon. I have undergone several years of treatment and surgeries on both my knees finally having both knees replaced. He is an extremenly clean Dr. and cares about the enviorment he operates in. My first replacement was very sucessful, My second replacement intially went off without a hitch, but weeks later after suffering a horrific rare complication, Dr. Birchard was fantastic with making himself available, diagnosing and preforming a very difficult sugery after the fact. He even came in to preform the surgery when I refused the on call surgeon, he managed to show up to perform it. To date I am still recovering and undergoing rehabilitation after 8 months and I recommend him anyone who needs proper, professional and thorogh care. He has now operated on three members of my family and all have been succesful.

Submitted Jan. 23, 2012 | flag

I had a total hip replacement in the fall of 2010. Within 6 months I can walk pain free once again. Dr. Birchard and his staff are outstanding and the level of care and compassion I received amazing. I'd highly recommend Dr. Brichard.

Submitted April 10, 2011 | flag

He has been very helpful and has worked hard to repair the 3 breaks in my foot

Submitted April 1, 2011 | flag

After seeing several ineffective doctors/surgeons, I feel that Dr. Birchard was a miracle in solving my knee damage. Very caring; clearly explained the situation & solutions; and was an all-round nice guy. After years of fear and pain, I gladly recommend him at every opportunity. AJM

Submitted March 28, 2011 | flag

I broke both my wrists and was told by a reliable source that I was lucky to get Dr. Birchard. I couldn't have agree more. Very friendly, caring and knowledgeable.

Submitted March 22, 2011 | flag