Dr. Jennifer Payne

Rate Dr. Jennifer Payne

Dr. Jennifer Payne's Ratings

I'm not sure how the two previous posters could have anything negative to say about Dr Payne or her receptionist, Gayle. First of all, 11 minutes 'late' for a scheduled apt is nothing. Did it ever occur to you that perhaps this was because she actually takes time with her patients? As for her receptionist, she has been nothing but sweet and accommodating for the 2+ years I've been seeing Dr Payne. She goes out of her way to make sure I'm fit in despite the doctors EXTREMELY busy schedule. If you want a psychiatrist who listens, understands, is a great diagnostician and knows her medication- go see Dr Payne. If you're going to complain about a little wait and a receptionist who had a family issue to deal with (who doesn't?) then go pay a fortune to see someone privately who will just throw pills at you. Dr Payne is amazing and psychiatrists like her are a dying breed. You're lucky to get in there. You might want to practice a bit of humility next time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1077923].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2013

I went to Dr.Payne to seek help with work related anxiety. I have never visited such an unprofessional office. Upon arriving at 1:10pm for my 1:30pm appointment, Dr.Payne looked my way without smiling and slammed her office door. I proceeded to fill out the form and while waiting, the secretary was yelling at her son on the phone and then proceeded to yell at another Dr in the clinic about how she wasn't picking up her son. After waiting till 1:42pm, I got up and inquired how much longer it would be explaining I had left work to come, booked the appointment 3 weeks ago and had paid a meter. The secretary without hesitation said to me "So go, what do you want me to do for you?". How can you speak to someone like that? God forbid I had a serious mental illness ans was deeply affected by her rude and unprofessional behavior! pls save yourself and do not go here, any Dr. who chooses to have such a rude, unprofessional secretary and keeps her patients waiting that long, can't be any good.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1077924].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 23, 2013

This doctor is very knowledgeable and caring. However, her receptionist is a NIGHTMARE. She does not answer the phone but lets it go to voicemail instead, and won't call you back for weeks on end. She's rude and dismissive, and doesn't even honour the scheduled appointments she gives. I've gone weeks without medication because Gail refused me an appointment/wouldn't call back in anything resembling a timely manner. I tried being proactive by attempting to schedule an appointment far in advance, but Gail told me to call back a week before my prescription ran out; I did as asked, and it took Gail two and a half weeks to return my call. And that is only one example. Dr. Payne is a lovely person, but I'm not going back unless Gail is replaced with someone who can actually fulfil the duties of a receptionist.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1077922].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

So smart. So sweet. So kind. Very very respectful and knowledgeable. A sharp shooter.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1077921].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2013

I am so lucky that Dr Payne came into my life. Depression hit me so unexpectedly - I've always lived a normal happy life. Dr Payne was right on in diagnosing me. After seeing her a few times I felt so much Better. She helped me through the hardest time in my life and I will be forever grateful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1077920].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2012

SHE IS MOST KNOWLEDGABLE AND ATTENTIVE, WHEN TALKING TO YOU SHE MAKES IT VERY IMPERSONAL AND EASY TO TALK TO. I WISH MY APPOINTMENTS CAN LAST LONGER.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1077919].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 1, 2012

She has an amazing ability to diagnose and is extremely knowledgeable regarding all conditions/medications. On top of that she has a way of reassuring you without making you feel like someone with a 'problem'. She seems to up-to-date on all the best treatments, and really listens to her patients and their concerns. In my opinion, probably the best in Montreal and I feel very fortunate to have been referred to her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1077918].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2011

lovely. bright. very smart. caring and kind. goes above and beyond to provide comfort and care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1077917].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2011

Dr. Payne is a dynamo. She has an amazing capacity to diagnose and find the right medication combinations. On top of this she is very engaging and easy to open up to. I am lucky to be in her practicE.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1077916].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 11, 2011

She helped me a lot in my though times! Made me feel better about myself :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1077915].votes_count ]]