Rate Dr. Anne P. Swedlund

Dr. Anne P. Swedlund's Ratings

Dr. Swedlund was listed as a follow-up physician to see following my daughter’s ER visit. My daughter called in an attempt to make an appointment. She relayed to me that she had received very curt and rude behavior from the office staff. I was surprised to receive the same very extremely insensitive and poor customer service when I called. Dr. Swedlund may be a very capable physician but we could not get past her office staff’s rude behavior to even make an appointment. I told my daughter to pursue making an appointment with another practice if this was what she could expect as an established patient!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2647578].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2014

Dr, Swedlund is a fantastic doctor. On the cutting edge of medicines and treatments. I don't know what I would do without her. Great personality and a person who genuinely cares. She is a gift to her profession.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2640580].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2014

Unfortunately I had a similar experience as another reviewer. I called to make an appointment and the receptionist who answered the phone was curt at best; but more accurately, rude. I was cut off and told that this doctor will not see someone who has been to another Gastro (this after several other curt comments by her). I understand that rendering a second opinion is the doctor's prerogative, but the manner in which it was delivered was wholly unbecoming of any professional office, especially a medical practice. From looking at the other reviews, the positive reviews for this doctor were from several years ago, and the more recent reviews have been less positive. While I have never met the doctor, one could deduce that the "pressure cooker" stress another reviewer received mid-procedure from the doctor has trickled down to her staff as well. Sad.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2569753].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2014

Swedlund diagnosed me with Ulcerative Colitis back in 2011 after an extremely painful 3 weeks. After the follow up appointment in office, she no longer had me come back in for a visit. Instead she'd call in medications that were not helping (having me on a steroid for 6 months). After a year, I finally gave up on her. I wouldn't recommend her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2531678].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2014

I visited Dr. Swedlund four years ago because for quite a few years I had been having blood in my excrements and difficulties with defecating. After doing colonoskopy, she diagnosed me with diverticulosis, saying that I would have to live it, for it cannot be cured. So, I continued to suffer. Two uses ago a friend advised me to try taking Metamucil fiber supplements, which I've been doing since then. All MY PROBLEMS ARE GONE.
Also, Dr. Swedlund failed to let me that the charge for the colonoscopy as to be from the hospital where she performed it, which my insurance was covering only after a huge deductible.
So, I paid about $1,000 for nothing.
So, I paid

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2526589].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 6, 2014

She comes off very nice and knowledgeable. But if you want to seek a second opinion or have had anything to do with any other GI doc she wants no part of you. She couldn't diagnose me after years of help. Got offended when I went for another opinion and told me I could no longer be their patient.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2441146].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 14, 2014

Have been patient here for a few years, having stomach problem for several months, yet was told by staff no office visits available to see Dr. in person but she suggest I schedule endoscopy. Had to wait 6 weeks for procedure. Finally got to talk to Dr moments before endoscopy. I asked why office would not schedule face to face appointment- she flipped out, ranting, hostile, saying she would have to refer me elsewhere, she is just too busy and doesn't have time!!! She may be smart and know her GI stuff, but it seems the pressure cooker of working in the field has pushed her over the edge. Highly inappropriate, rude, downright crazy way to talk to a patient who is half sedated and vulnerable. Time to move on.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2441145].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 27, 2014

I searched the internet for a good gi dr. and her name came up. When I called to make an appointment I was asked if I already went to a gi dr. I told them yes but I did not like him. There response was , sorry Dr. Swedlund does not see any patients who already have been seen by another gi dr. I lhave a pain under my right breast since May 12 and my original dr still dont know what it is and told me I should just accept the pain. That is when I searched for someone who might be able to help me and that was the answer i received. unbelievable I can't imagine a Dr. telling you that. What ever happened to a Dr. who cares and wants to help you

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1080026].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2012

Dr Swedlund is a fantastic doctor, extremely apt at being able to put her finger on the problem. She knows exactly how to put you at ease, and loves chatting about all kinds of topics. An incredibly interesting, and very caring doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1080025].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 26, 2011

A doctor with bed side manner like no other. I've never met a doctor who takes this much interest in their patients. She's a gastro but never hesitates to help you with any medical question. Provides great references when needed. Has a great staff who calls you to make an appointment. Other doctors could learn a lot from Dr. Swedlund's sincere concern and compassion.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1080024].votes_count ]]