You may also like

Rate Dr. Kristy Prouse

Dr. Kristy Prouse's Ratings

I really like the extensive in depth testing that Dr Prouse applies to her patients. I feel though that the multilevel marketing of products, extremely expensive and not much helpful, shipped on autopilot every month, along with prescribing a routine "protocol " for 8 weeks of very costly IV infusions to address adrenal fatigue which strangely the majority of her patients suffer, are notable concerns, worth raising. In addition, the big bucks go for naturopathic consults which no offence, are overpriced and Dr Prouse shows up at the meetings for a fraction of the appointment to just verify the one shoe size fits it all "protocol" and costly supplements. Her dietician apparently reads not well the dietary journals, because despite that I listed that I do not drink coffee and I drink two cups of herbal tea per day, she did recommend that I stay away from caffeinated drinks. It is sad, because the private care provided is at a ridiculously expensive cost, but notably, her testing and the amino acids compilations are very helpful, again at a sinfully expensive costs.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2763932].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

I agree with the other two posters about feeling like an income generator. My appointments with Dr. Prouse were expensive, felt rushed and I did not feel like the time was taken to really make sure I understood everything and customize a plan just for me -- what I was comfortable with, wanted to improve on, etc. I felt I was handed large amounts of test results and material and had to sift through it myself -- at times deciding within minutes whether I wanted to pay for treatments with the patient care co-ordinator who I would see shortly after the doctor. I felt I was thrown lots of tests, then a huge expensive treatment plan with minimal monitoring. In addition to seeing Dr. Prouse, other practitioners have been recommended to me and following my first visit, I had one of these other practitioners (who charge separately) calling me by the time I had walked to my car. All of that said, I did feel better from my lowest point. But I wished I had not done so many of the recommended treatments and I think I could've felt better with less treatment at less cost.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2754682].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 22, 2015

WOW how awesome it is that right here in Oakville we can get a detailed understanding of that is happen to us hormonally from the Institute of Hormonal Health. Thank you Dr Prouse for explaining to me why I've been feeling this way when everyone else was saying "it's aging and I would have to live with it" Thank you for showing me how I can heal. After our meeting I felt so encouraged and after a few months I'm feeling optimistic and noticing improvements.
THANK YOU Dr. Prouse for your knowledge and care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2722763].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 15, 2015

People should be aware that Dr. Prouse now runs the Institute for Hormone Health in Oakville-she may have been a great OBGYN, but as the head of this institute she is severely lacking. Similar to another reviewer, I don't feel like I received attention at all, but was treated simply like an income generator. They tell you to take all these tests, without any explanation. They start you on IV infusion treatments and just let you go for weeks without any follow-up or even checking in to see how you are doing.
When you are having side effects or issues, you don't know who to call and it's obvious very few people there actually care. They just want to bring you in, get you to pay for all these expensive tests and IV treatments, and at some point, down the line, you have to insist on having a follow-up appointment, and then it takes weeks to get in. But int he meantime, no one even pays attention. When you have questions, you have to contact your "Patient Care Coordinator", who can't answer any medical questions, so if you have questions about side effects, or the next steps in the process, you have to wait for them to go to the doctor. On my initial visit, I actually met with the Naturopathic Doctor, Dr. Sales, and Dr. Prouse only stepped in for under 5 minutes. I'd bank that she doesn't even know my name. I had gone in already being diagnosed with certain hormonal conditions and having done certain tests, which should have made it easier, but instead it made them more confused and they dropped the ball so many times I lost count. I only kept going because I was desperate for some help in some form and at the time they were all I could find.
They provided no information on proper nutrition for my conditions, despite asking numerous times, saying they would do that at my follow up, which is almost 3 months after taking expensive tests and spending tons of money on IV treatments, with very little feedback and only minor improvement. There was no reason I couldn't have had an appointment where they could have gone through all this with me-when I asked the IV clinic people about getting this information, they said I had to "Do my research"...pretty sure that's why I had gone to them in the first place.
Do some research before using this place for the treatment of any hormone issues-they care more about getting your money from you than providing proper care.

Was this rating useful? 11 [[ userState['ratings'][2718497].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2015

i do not recommend Dr . Prouse if you need creativity and out of box thinking for your case, I was treated like another income generator and did not feel i receive attention at all. I had hormonal issue as well as others but was given lots of costly tests and put in IV without proper explanation by doctor, she was always so rushed to get me out of room and next! i was passed on to her secretary and of course she could not help. communication was very slow, it took four weeks to receive an answer to my question changing dosages of hormones. I had sent completed intake form before I travel but when i travelled and visited docotr she told me she can not test hormon for three months after stopping current medicine. i was on, that proved she had never read my file and really wasted my time however I gave her another go and followed with she said but five months under her supervision I got no attention a patient who specially spend all these money deserve, I felt she might have knowledge but has taken up too much she can no handle and that is a shame!

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2697817].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2015

5s across the board for this amazing, intelligent, warm and down to earth doctor. The best, most natural bedside manner of any doctor I've ever encountered. She handled my primary care for 2 of my 3 pregnancies (she changed her area of specialty after my second and no longer practiced obstetrics). She's diligent, competent, and lovely. What more could you ask for in a doctor? Her receptionist Janine is great too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1081362].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 19, 2013

OMG, Where do I start. Dr. Kristy Prouse is the most Amazing OBGYN in Ontario. I went to her for my first two pregnancies. For my first delivery Dr. Prouse stopped at the hospital to check on me before attending a funeral and for the second one she was on holidays, but Janine her receptionist always looked after me when I was at trillium. Now I am having my third and Dr. Prouse is no longer practicing. I feel very lost and scared with out her. No other doctor has made me feel safe and comfortable with my pregnancy. Miss you a lot, with your kind, gentle, good bed side manner and comforting nature. No on can replace you Dr. Kristy Prouse. I will still send you picture of my third. Janine your the best receptionist and individual as well. You ladies make a remarkable Team.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1081361].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 4, 2012

By far one of if not the best doctors I have ever had and her receptionist Janine is amazing too. I have had 2 children and saw her both times although she only delivered my second as my scheduled induction turned into an emerg C-sec with my first but Kimberly was amazing as well. I cannot think of 1 negative thing. Very compassionate, understanding, knowledgeable, punctual, informative...the list goes on. I hope to have many more babies and I hope she will be there for all of them. I just have 1 recommendation - a bigger office would be nice, on busy days with lots of babies and strollers and dodging baby bumps things get tight! Keep uo the great work!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1081360].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2012

My doctor had referred me to Dr. Prouse in 2009 when I had my daughter and let me say that - she is an amazing doctor! Very helpful and attentive to your needs and answered every question thoroughly. Now I am pregnant with #2, and my doctor has sadly informed me that Prouse is no longer working in Obstretics - she is helping women in early menopause and beyond now. I wish you all the best in your endeavours, Dr Prouse! You will be greatly missed by all the preggy ladies!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1081359].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 14, 2011

very nice and kind. She delivered my first baby. I was tired and worried. She calm me down with her excellent professional knowledge and caring personality. She made me feel there is nothing to worry about it under her care. Unfortunately, my family doctor booked me with Cathy Cowal, the female OB of Trillium Homicidal by mistake for my second kid. Dr Cowal has nothing can compare with Dr Prouse.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1081358].votes_count ]]